Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

fans walked out tonight

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveH67 wrote:
think positive wrote:
Stinger wrote:
At least you stay positive. Give yourself a medal.

Not positive. Not at all. It was heart breaking.

But not as heart breaking for me as the kids on the field looking up to the stands at the three quarter siren to see the army leaving in droves.

There have been games this year, the suns game for a start, where I was totally pissed at the seemingly poor effort put in. Last night I watched our players drop like flies, I saw them turned away from the bench, I saw them bent double, I saw them trying to defend as the army yelled jump for (mates with) sake, when they could barely move.

I saw Swan limping, I also saw him do a gut breaking run trying to get the ball out of their 50 when the game was out in the bay, let alone down the toilet. I've bagged his attitude, his arrogance, but last night he was their for our kids.

Last night I really wondered, is this the end for Bucks? Should it be.

What I didn't wonder was should I chuck it in til the next sunny period? I have a lot of faith in our kids. Not in our game plan.

Those kids breaking their balls, young almost throwing up before he could take a shot, swan on one leg, Keefe desperately looking for someone on the kick out. Blair diving to the bottom of a pack. That's why I stayed. And why I will be back there next week.

You are a wanker!

And you are a first class Troll. Piss off out of here.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:17 am

I hate how people are so judgmental, just who the hell do you think you are?

Do you want us to start judging you? OK I will.

Shane for one it appears you sold out your ideology of whatever was the KOA to Ed. You have no credibility so please don't judge others because your posts sound like one of those people at the AGM who hiss and whisper when someone stands up to make a point.

Last edited by 1061 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:17 am

Nothing like the self righteous standing on their pedestal telling others what they should and shouldn't do.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:22 pm

1061 wrote:
Shane for one it appears you sold out your ideology

Sold out what?

We feel we got what we wanted. Namely accountability and transparency but more importantly, for me, as this appears to be a personal attack on me, we got Victoria Park well and truly back on the Collingwood radar. The only thing we didn't get was the removal of the name "The Richard Pratt Cup" from Carlton's home game against us.

Just because we don't bleat ad hominem against everything the Club is doing doesn't make us sell outs. Personally I am in favour of a lot more of what the Club is doing than I am against and this position has never changed. Believe it or not Ed, Perty, Bucks, everyone working/volunteering for the Club bleed black and white more than most. We, the KOA, have strongly disagreed with several business decisions and business practices of the Club over the years and in particular how the Club has treated the membership with regards to those issues and we see that most of these have been resolved. The idea that the KOA should be relentlessly negative, in a Tony Abbott kind of way, is just ridiculous.

One issue that currently burns me up personally, however, is the softness of our so called "supporters". I am sorry if that upsets anyone, but being soft, general, also leads to folks being easily offended and upset too. I can't help that unfortunately.

Anyway, back to the point, this is not about judgement and judging people. It is about the what constitutes "support". A person cannot turn there back on their team and walk away while they're are still playing and then hope to call themselves a "supporter". It is pretty simple really.

And, with regard to the KOA, we never turned our back on our club. We fronted up, we did something that we believed was for the good of our club. We believe in the Side by Side mantra and that no one is bigger than the club. And we would do it again if we had to.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:25 pm

Perception is a wonderful thing.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:40 pm

1061 wrote:

Exactly. And there is no perception of anything from behind a monitor and keyboard.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:44 pm

die4pies wrote:
1061 wrote:

Exactly. And there is no perception of anything from behind a monitor and keyboard.

Well then Majority don’t know what is Happening at the Club as we are don’t work there or are in the Inner Sanctum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:55 pm

DTM every now and then you hit it right in the middle for a six.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:03 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
die4pies wrote:
1061 wrote:

Well then Majority don’t know what is Happening at the Club as we are don’t work there or are in the Inner Sanctum

Precisely Dave.
And the rest, as they say in the classics, is just conversation.

BTW. It is a club, like any other club. The doors are open to anyone who has got something constructive offer.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:57 am

Jezza wrote:
Redlight wrote:
All those Sunday twilights have sucked the life out of the crowds. The AFL needs to understand that every time that they make it easier not to go to the footy that they're, in some cases encouraging fans to break the habit of a lifetime. Every time you do that some of the regulars simply don't come back.

Definitely another factor as to why the atmosphere has been poor this year.

Match scheduling has been atrocious this year with a Sunday Night match against our arch-rival in the middle of winter and three games in a row on Sunday twilight and yet we're supposedly the team with a favourable draw Rolling Eyes

By Sunday night I'm in no mind for footy or much else; it has half ruined the bleeding season for me. Disgraceful scheduling.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:44 pm

think positive wrote:
15 players left not limping, players bent double because they were Knackered, players turned away from the interchange bench, because no one right to go on.

Bunch of kids out there, and they tried their hearts out til the final siren.

Life's a roller coaster, roller coasters are fun, and those gut wrenching, stomach churning, heart breaking troughs make the rush to the top seem all the more exhilarating. But you gotta be there for the whole ride.

Cheers, go Pies.

Pretty good ride tonight guys! How's everyone's heart rate?

Next week, MCG, Friday night special, no excuses.

Eh, what's that? We gunna get our arses kicked? So what? Did you see that? Did you see that effort? Did you see that desperation?

See it? Shit I felt it! Right down in my deep dark soul!

Why should you go to the MCG next week? Because those kids will be there.

Cheers

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:46 pm

think positive wrote:
think positive wrote:
15 players left not limping, players bent double because they were Knackered, players turned away from the interchange bench, because no one right to go on.

Life's a roller coaster, roller coasters are fun, and those gut wrenching, stomach churning, heart breaking troughs make the rush to the top seem all the more exhilarating. But you gotta be there for the whole ride.

Cheers, go Pies.

Eh, what's that? We gunna get our arses kicked? So what? Did you see that? Did you see that effort? Did you see that desperation?

Cheers

i will be there. am looking forward to it, win, lose or draw.

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:47 pm

That's it TP.
It's a "feeling", not something that's flashing brightly in front of you......

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."

www.facebook.com/groups/knightsofabbotsford

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:24 am

Coming in late here but I second everything Shane said above with regards to the KOA. Our 'ideology' for want of a better expression was pretty simple.

We got answers to most of our questions at the time, agreed to disagree on some other issues and were made to privy to some things that we can't disclose under pain of death!

Ed was man enough to admit we were right about some of the governance stuff. He also used a turn of phrase that day I will never forget as long as I live. It's a classic.

I am happy with the perspective I have on it. We stood up for what we believed in. I believe it made a modicum of difference. Nothing more. Nothing less.

The end.

Stinger 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:00 am

think positive wrote:
think positive wrote:

Cheers, go Pies.

Cheers

Now that's what I'm talking about. 100% effort by all, not just by some.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: