Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

fans walked out tonight

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stinger 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
Did no one see the much maligned young bent double trying to get breath for his shot on goal?

No - but I did see him kick out of the D50 on his right foot. I can't believe that on a night filled with so many negatives that more is not being said about this miraculous feat.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:01 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
Never left a game before the final siren yet.
I don't care what anyone else says or does says that's just the way I support the team.

That's your problem right there.

Most people these days think 'support' is something you do with your credit card.

And what about the Level 2 Legends waiting list?
If a reserved seat holder on L2 does not scan their membership for at least 80% of home games they should forfeit their seat next season to those of us waiting in the Southern Stand who scan our memberships for 100% of home games. Simple.

They 'support' their team by not turning up or even worse turning their backs and walking away when the going gets a bit rough? Under no definition I know can that be called 'support'. Ipso facto they are not 'SUPPORTERS'.

When to 'support'?

The degree to which the team needs 'support' from the terraces has a direct inverse correlation to the performance of the team on the park.

The need increases as the performance decreases.

When the team is performing well they need less support as the situation is well in hand, morale is high and things are working. Likewise, when the team is performing badly they need more support to boost morale, intimidate the opposition, etc.

The opposition love nothing more than to hear our fans eating our own and then to walk away well before the game has ended. That is a guaranteed way to lift the opposition to really smash our boys into the ground.

Last edited by die4pies on Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:07 pm
Post subject: Re: fans leavingReply with quote

Member 7167 wrote:
slangman wrote:
orie wrote:
Tannin wrote:
think positive wrote:
3/4 time the desertion from around the cheer squad area was like the final siren when we win. Pretty disgusting.

15 players left not limping, players bent double because they were Knackered, players turned away from the interchange bench, because no one right to go on. It broke my heart. And that's why we stayed til the bitter end.

The mighty Pies have been there for me when I needed to rant and scream and cheer, my turn to be there for them.

I've left early before, when the players seemingly didn't give a shit.

But not last night. Bunch of kids out there, and they tried their hearts out til the final siren. Did no one see the much maligned young bent double trying to get breath for his shot on goal? Did no one see Blair dive in the bottom of a pack of lions, even though there was no one to pick up the pieces?

Did no one want to be there to see Luke ball trying desperately to turn something, anything? I'm guessing he will be gone at seasons end. I'll be there to watch him.

Life's a roller coaster, roller coasters are fun, and those gut wrenching, stomach churning, heart breaking troughs make the rush to the top seem all the more exhilarating. But you gotta be there for the whole ride.

Wow! I had no idea you could write like that. I can't imagine anyone saying it better. And that comes from the perspective of someone who leans more in the "we were crap, why wouldn't you walk out?" side of the debate, so I'm not just cheering you on 'coz I agree with you.

But you know what? After reading your post, I don't see it that way anymore. You have changed my mind, TP, with as honest and persuasive a post as I have seen here.

Well said both of you.. I was in the legends stand which was pretty empty and the group around us stayed till the end. We were proud to see that, as the players came off , people had come to the fence and were clapping them...Just trying to be supportive inspite of the incredibly disappointing result. No matter what we think or feel, imagine how the boys felt.

They spent the whole night playing a game of keepings off, just chasing tail and dissolving into disarray.

I always stay to the end but I don't clap and accept mediocre performances

So what exactly are you saying slangman.

In your opinion didn't "OUR" players deserved to be recognised for their efforts by their own "SUPPORTERS" Does our own disappointment at seeing us loose and distress over having seen our star players being injured justify us to simply ignore them.

Just because we lost in difficult circumstances does not mean that the boys didn't do their best. It was obvious that many of our players who were pretty much exhausted by the end of the game we doing their utmost to the final siren.

Armstrong played 8 quarters of football in a day with the last game having little opportunity for interchange.. Doesn't he as a minimal standard deserved to be clapped for giving his all.

The disappointment and distress was obvious on our players faces as they slowly exited the ground. At least we didn't turn into Bitchmond and boo them.

Yep, exactly

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:12 pm

die4pies wrote:
Dark Beanie wrote:
Never left a game before the final siren yet.
I don't care what anyone else says or does says that's just the way I support the team.

That's your problem right there.

Most people these days think 'support' is something you do with your credit card.

And what about the Level 2 Legends waiting list?
If a reserved seat holder on L2 does not scan their membership for at least 80% of home games they should forfeit their seat next season to those of us waiting in the Southern Stand who scan our memberships for 100% of home games. Simple.

They 'support' their team by not turning up or even worse turning their backs and walking away when the going gets a bit rough? Under no definition I know can that be called 'support'. Ipso facto they are not 'SUPPORTERS'.

When to 'support'?

The degree to which the team needs 'support' from the terraces has a direct inverse correlation to the performance of the team on the park.

The need increases as the performance decreases.

When the team is performing well they need less support as the situation is well in hand, moral is high and things are working. Likewise, when the team is performing badly they need more support to boost moral, intimidate the opposition, etc.

The opposition love nothing more than to hear our fans eating our own and then to walk away well before the game has ended. That is a guaranteed way to lift the opposition to really smash our boys into the ground.

Yep and that's why it pissed me off.

You can't tell me those kids weren't trying.

As for the comment above about young, watch it again. He bent double, not once, not twice, three times, he was toast, gees you must love slanging Cloke off for his misses, when not under the pressure young was under.

I coach kids. We once lost a grand final in over time by a goal. With tears streaming down my face I turned to the parents looking so forlorn, and said, clap, I want to hear it and hear it loud, cos those kids just did everything they could to win that game.

You don't just applaud the wins, you applaud the guts to keep fighting. I didn't see anyone quit. Name me a player who did. Oh right, the negative nellies, wouldn't know, they were half way home, or switched over to a satueday night rerun.

Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:21 pm

You cant seriously believe people leaving early has any effect on how we, or the opposition, play.

I call myself a supporter. I left 10 minutes in the last quarter.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:28 pm

I hear a lot of "I" and "me" from early leavers. #justsayin

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:38 pm

Lone Ranger wrote:
You cant seriously believe people leaving early has any effect on how we, or the opposition, play.

I disagree. The crowd noise and presence can really give a team a boost. I am sure the Lions players loved hearing their supporters chant when they were well on top and I am sure that it was disconcerting to our players.

For players to look up and see the supporters exiting and the Ponsford stand thinning out would be demoralising.

I have often heard the positive comments by our players remembering the Collinwood chant when we beat the Cats in the prelim in 2010. It was the loudest game I have every personally experienced.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:42 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:

I disagree. The crowd noise and presence can really give a team a boost. I am sure the Lions players loved hearing their supporters chant when they were well on top and I am sure that it was disconcerting to our players.

For players to look up and see the supporters exiting and the Ponsford stand thinning out would be demoralising.

I have often heard the positive comments by our players remembering the Collinwood chant when we beat the Cats in the prelim in 2010. It was the loudest game I have every personally experienced.

Such a great memory!

And yes, them stealing our chant in the last was just horrid. I just wish there was enough of us left to out chant them.

And Shane, that's bloody awesome!

magirl Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:44 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:

It was exhilarating. And the grand final that year towards the end when the boys were kicking it to each other and each time one of them got it the crowed cheered to show their appreciation. You can't tell me they did not value that.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:47 pm

I have left early around three times, once, we were getting smashed by the scum, and I cant stand their shit teamsong, then at Waverley we got smashed by the dawks, and their arrogant fans enraged me, and some years ago, v the Lions, we were 93 points down at three qtr time, and some Lions shithead kept kicking my seat from behind, everytime they got a goal. ! Why stay and go thru purgatory and mental anguish, and see the joy and hate on other fans faces. ??

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:08 pm

To each there own. When I get to the game, I stay the journey, but it's a personal choice. Couldn't get to the game Saturday so went to the local and watched it on Foxtel among a very hostile anti-Collingwood (bit like Nicks) crowd and stayed till the final siren. Others can do as they see fit.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:17 pm

Personally I don't like leaving early but I don't judge those who do. Everyone has different emotions to cope with a bad loss and some feel that leaving early is the best way to demonstrate to the club that the performance is unacceptable. Personally I find just having a presence at the game even if you're silent is a sign of support and solidarity.

I stayed until the end but I was out of the ground as fast as you could see me when the siren went. I was too upset to stick around to see the players off and we all know that they're hurting but so are we as well.

In the past I've left on two occasions early. One was the 2011 Grand Final and the other was against Carlton when no effort or heart was shown against the arch-enemy.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:21 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:

Would those same Lions supporters be chanting if they were 8 goals down?

Would we if we were 10 goals down against the cats in the 2010 prelim?

No I thought not.

You're not comparing apples with apples.

All supporter groups go quiet when they're getting thrashed and many would leave early.

It's the way it is and always will be.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:25 pm

think positive wrote:
Stinger wrote:
At least you stay positive. Give yourself a medal.

Not positive. Not at all. It was heart breaking.

But not as heart breaking for me as the kids on the field looking up to the stands at the three quarter siren to see the army leaving in droves.

There have been games this year, the suns game for a start, where I was totally pissed at the seemingly poor effort put in. Last night I watched our players drop like flies, I saw them turned away from the bench, I saw them bent double, I saw them trying to defend as the army yelled jump for (mates with) sake, when they could barely move.

I saw Swan limping, I also saw him do a gut breaking run trying to get the ball out of their 50 when the game was out in the bay, let alone down the toilet. I've bagged his attitude, his arrogance, but last night he was their for our kids.

Last night I really wondered, is this the end for Bucks? Should it be.

What I didn't wonder was should I chuck it in til the next sunny period? I have a lot of faith in our kids. Not in our game plan.

Those kids breaking their balls, young almost throwing up before he could take a shot, swan on one leg, Keefe desperately looking for someone on the kick out. Blair diving to the bottom of a pack. That's why I stayed. And why I will be back there next week.

Great post and it pretty much sums up how I feel as well TP!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:29 pm

I actually stayed to the end of the game and that is after I watched the VFL and TAC Cup games down at Geelong
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8   

Jump to: