Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

fans walked out tonight

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
3/4 time the desertion from around the cheer squad area was like the final siren when we win. Pretty disgusting.

15 players left not limping, players bent double because they were Knackered, players turned away from the interchange bench, because no one right to go on. It broke my heart. And that's why we stayed til the bitter end.

The mighty Pies have been there for me when I needed to rant and scream and cheer, my turn to be there for them.

I've left early before, when the players seemingly didn't give a shit.

But not last night. Bunch of kids out there, and they tried their hearts out til the final siren. Did no one see the much maligned young bent double trying to get breath for his shot on goal? Did no one see Blair dive in the bottom of a pack of lions, even though there was no one to pick up the pieces?

Did no one want to be there to see Luke ball trying desperately to turn something, anything? I'm guessing he will be gone at seasons end. I'll be there to watch him.

Life's a roller coaster, roller coasters are fun, and those gut wrenching, stomach churning, heart breaking troughs make the rush to the top seem all the more exhilarating. But you gotta be there for the whole ride.

Wow! I had no idea you could write like that. I can't imagine anyone saying it better. And that comes from the perspective of someone who leans more in the "we were crap, why wouldn't you walk out?" side of the debate, so I'm not just cheering you on 'coz I agree with you.

But you know what? After reading your post, I don't see it that way anymore. You have changed my mind, TP, with as honest and persuasive a post as I have seen here.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:22 pm

think positive wrote:
Stinger wrote:
At least you stay positive. Give yourself a medal.

Not positive. Not at all. It was heart breaking.

But not as heart breaking for me as the kids on the field looking up to the stands at the three quarter siren to see the army leaving in droves.

There have been games this year, the suns game for a start, where I was totally pissed at the seemingly poor effort put in. Last night I watched our players drop like flies, I saw them turned away from the bench, I saw them bent double, I saw them trying to defend as the army yelled jump for (mates with) sake, when they could barely move.

I saw Swan limping, I also saw him do a gut breaking run trying to get the ball out of their 50 when the game was out in the bay, let alone down the toilet. I've bagged his attitude, his arrogance, but last night he was their for our kids.

Last night I really wondered, is this the end for Bucks? Should it be.

What I didn't wonder was should I chuck it in til the next sunny period? I have a lot of faith in our kids. Not in our game plan.

Those kids breaking their balls, young almost throwing up before he could take a shot, swan on one leg, Keefe desperately looking for someone on the kick out. Blair diving to the bottom of a pack. That's why I stayed. And why I will be back there next week.

Great post TP. And yes, it was heart breaking.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:34 pm

Never left a game before the final siren yet.
I don't care what anyone else says or does says that's just the way I support the team.

nomadjack 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:03 pm

magirl wrote:
think positive wrote:
Stinger wrote:

But not as heart breaking for me as the kids on the field looking up to the stands at the three quarter siren to see the army leaving in droves.

There have been games this year, the suns game for a start, where I was totally pissed at the seemingly poor effort put in. Last night I watched our players drop like flies, I saw them turned away from the bench, I saw them bent double, I saw them trying to defend as the army yelled jump for (mates with) sake, when they could barely move.

I saw Swan limping, I also saw him do a gut breaking run trying to get the ball out of their 50 when the game was out in the bay, let alone down the toilet. I've bagged his attitude, his arrogance, but last night he was their for our kids.

What I didn't wonder was should I chuck it in til the next sunny period? I have a lot of faith in our kids. Not in our game plan.

Those kids breaking their balls, young almost throwing up before he could take a shot, swan on one leg, Keefe desperately looking for someone on the kick out. Blair diving to the bottom of a pack. That's why I stayed. And why I will be back there next week.

Great post. Thanks.

Fantastic post Jo. Nothing like a bit of adversity to sort the wheat from the chaff...
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:04 pm

Dp
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:49 pm

Thanks guys,

Go Pies

Side by Side

Always

orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:48 pm
Post subject: fans leavingReply with quote

Tannin wrote:
think positive wrote:
3/4 time the desertion from around the cheer squad area was like the final siren when we win. Pretty disgusting.

15 players left not limping, players bent double because they were Knackered, players turned away from the interchange bench, because no one right to go on. It broke my heart. And that's why we stayed til the bitter end.

The mighty Pies have been there for me when I needed to rant and scream and cheer, my turn to be there for them.

But not last night. Bunch of kids out there, and they tried their hearts out til the final siren. Did no one see the much maligned young bent double trying to get breath for his shot on goal? Did no one see Blair dive in the bottom of a pack of lions, even though there was no one to pick up the pieces?

Did no one want to be there to see Luke ball trying desperately to turn something, anything? I'm guessing he will be gone at seasons end. I'll be there to watch him.

Life's a roller coaster, roller coasters are fun, and those gut wrenching, stomach churning, heart breaking troughs make the rush to the top seem all the more exhilarating. But you gotta be there for the whole ride.

Wow! I had no idea you could write like that. I can't imagine anyone saying it better. And that comes from the perspective of someone who leans more in the "we were crap, why wouldn't you walk out?" side of the debate, so I'm not just cheering you on 'coz I agree with you.

But you know what? After reading your post, I don't see it that way anymore. You have changed my mind, TP, with as honest and persuasive a post as I have seen here.

Well said both of you.. I was in the legends stand which was pretty empty and the group around us stayed till the end. We were proud to see that, as the players came off , people had come to the fence and were clapping them...Just trying to be supportive inspite of the incredibly disappointing result. No matter what we think or feel, imagine how the boys felt.

They spent the whole night playing a game of keepings off, just chasing tail and dissolving into disarray.

orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:49 pm

Tannin wrote:
think positive wrote:

Well said both of you.. I was in the legends stand which was pretty empty and the group around us stayed till the end. We were proud to see that, as the players came off , people had come to the fence and were clapping them...Just trying to be supportive inspite of the incredibly disappointing result. No matter what we think or feel, imagine how the boys felt.

They spent the whole night playing a game of keepings off, just chasing tail and dissolving into disarray.

orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:49 pm

Tannin wrote:
think positive wrote:

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:54 pm

Only temporarily.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:18 am

magirl wrote:
think positive wrote:
Stinger wrote:

Great post. Thanks.

Yes, top post, well said, but the trolls and sad sackers will bite back with more bile and crap, monty. Just ignore them, or put them on ignore button. Wink

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
slangman 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:22 am
Post subject: Re: fans leavingReply with quote

orie wrote:
Tannin wrote:
think positive wrote:

I always stay to the end but I don't clap and accept mediocre performances

dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:46 am

think positive wrote:

Cheers, go Pies.

Well said!

I left early - It just hurts too much to watch.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:42 am
Post subject: Re: fans leavingReply with quote

slangman wrote:
orie wrote:
Tannin wrote:
think positive wrote:

I always stay to the end but I don't clap and accept mediocre performances

So what exactly are you saying slangman.

In your opinion didn't "OUR" players deserved to be recognised for their efforts by their own "SUPPORTERS" Does our own disappointment at seeing us loose and distress over having seen our star players being injured justify us to simply ignore them.

Just because we lost in difficult circumstances does not mean that the boys didn't do their best. It was obvious that many of our players who were pretty much exhausted by the end of the game we doing their utmost to the final siren.

Armstrong played 8 quarters of football in a day with the last game having little opportunity for interchange.. Doesn't he as a minimal standard deserved to be clapped for giving his all.

The disappointment and distress was obvious on our players faces as they slowly exited the ground. At least we didn't turn into Bitchmond and boo them.
Member 7167 Leo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:43 am

dillo_09 wrote:
think positive wrote:

Cheers, go Pies.

Well said!

I left early - It just hurts too much to watch.

On rare occasions I have done the same. Sometimes it just hurts too much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: