Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

fans walked out tonight

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:46 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
The atmosphere has been deplorable this year. Our performances have been poor and it's fair to say that this has explained the dullness of the crowd somewhat but the club's idea of supposedly 'enhancing' match-day experience such as the dance troupe, hug, dance and kiss cams and of course the loud-o-meter have destroyed the passion that has been existed amongst the club for so many years.

We definitely need a rejuvenation of some kind and these gimmicks to 'enhance' our match day experience is not the answer to the problem. Obviously improved match day performance will drive up the passion from the average member but outside the on-field performances we need a bigger and prouder cheersquad in my opinion to invoke more passion around the club as a whole. Considering the club of our size, we should have an awesome cheersquad that we're proud of instead of a small watered down one we have at the present time and the Ponsford End should be more accessible for our supporters in terms of the ticketing available in that area. It's always half-empty and it's not a pretty sight to watch unfortunately. I like the Ponsford end and I'd prefer we stay there but it needs to improve in regards to ticketing.

When the VFL atmosphere is better than the AFL's, then surely that must be the catalyst for the club to address the issue of our match-day experience. At the end of day, good performances by the team will invoke passion of the club the most in my opinion. We are without doubt one of the worst teams to watch at the moment as a spectacle and that makes people uninspired to sit through that every week.

Post that to the club and address it to Eddie Jezza.

That encapsulates my feelings perfectly. Going to a Collingwood game used to get my juices pumping (yep even in the Shaw years I still loved the experience of a Pies game) now it is dull and boring and ruined by fukking bullshit tacky garbage like the bloody loud-o-meter and kisscam.

Whoever comes up with that bullshit needs to be removed forthwith and if Eddie signs off on it he needs a massive kick in the arse.

On field we are a rabble but as much as I hate it I'll tolerate it. But to totally remove all the passion, atmosphere, tradition and fun for the fans
by introducing distracting gimmicky shit and foisting on us a sterile handpicked cheer squad is unforgivable.

Make it good again Collingwood because you're fast losing your audience.
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:47 am

Who is responsible for the seating allocation? Yesterday at around 2PM I went to look at tickets online, it said Ponsord stand exhausted, category one seats couldn't buy 2 seats together. So we just got general admission and turned up with just over 30,000 people with empty seats everywhere.
What the fxck is going on?

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:15 pm

John Wren wrote:
TheJonesBoy wrote:
It's no great mystery.
It comes down to all the glory hunters and bandwagoners who jumped on when we were dominating in 2010-12 now slinking back to their lounge rooms the minute the going gets tough.
Every club has them, we are no different.
Fair weather supporters who can't grasp the concept you can win every week, nor can you win a flag every year.
But I'm sure they will be back in drives the minute we start winning again.
Nothing more certain.
It's like the late 90's all over again.

this. always said it'd be interesting to see how our crowds would be when we did not perform. i guess we have found out sooner rather than later. whatever happened to the notion that our supporters would watch us even if we played on the moon?

i'd like to see if the tv ratings have maintained high numbers to counter the fall in attendances. for all the sooking about unfriendly game times this was a saturday night.

I'm with you guys. And I think it's the attitude that some people have that the Club actually owes them something so they take losses as a personal insult. That's just ridiculous.

The Club doesn't owe any of us anything. We choose to barrack/support/be members. Nobody forces us. We want to be part of Collingwood, and that should include the good times and the bad.

When we talk about hardening up, I think it's more true for a lot of our supporters than it is for the 22 blokes who go out and bust a gut every week.

#SIDEBYSIDE

www.facebook.com/groups/knightsofabbotsford

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:18 pm

You gotta stay till the end if you go to a game like that. Football is agony and ecstasy. If you just want the ecstasy take a pill. If you stay till the end every time the ulimate triumph is all the sweeter. These are dark days. Winter is coming. You will wait for many years. Just like we did after 58, 90. Take the pain. Or I'd start to wonder if you're Collingwood enough.
matrix10 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:38 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Yes the fans are really really deserting in big way!
There is absolutely no atmosphere walking into the ground.
The whole experience is just numb!
I feel more emotion walking into vic park to
watch the vfl.

Bingo!

For the latter half of the year our games have been played in front of half (or less) filled satdiums (interstate games excluded).

when was the last time this happened so regularly?

The cheersquad is pathetic- really really pathetic.

For a club that boasts of 80k members- to have half empty grounds and a cheersquad that can barely muster a whimper- other than the occassional lame ' cooooolllllliiiiiiinnnnnngggwwwwoooooddd' that always seems to curse as just as the team is finding momentum- is unacceptable.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:51 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
think positive wrote:
Stinger wrote:
At least you stay positive. Give yourself a medal.

Not positive. Not at all. It was heart breaking.

But not as heart breaking for me as the kids on the field looking up to the stands at the three quarter siren to see the army leaving in droves.

There have been games this year, the suns game for a start, where I was totally pissed at the seemingly poor effort put in. Last night I watched our players drop like flies, I saw them turned away from the bench, I saw them bent double, I saw them trying to defend as the army yelled jump for (mates with) sake, when they could barely move.

I saw Swan limping, I also saw him do a gut breaking run trying to get the ball out of their 50 when the game was out in the bay, let alone down the toilet. I've bagged his attitude, his arrogance, but last night he was their for our kids.

Last night I really wondered, is this the end for Bucks? Should it be.

What I didn't wonder was should I chuck it in til the next sunny period? I have a lot of faith in our kids. Not in our game plan.

Those kids breaking their balls, young almost throwing up before he could take a shot, swan on one leg, Keefe desperately looking for someone on the kick out. Blair diving to the bottom of a pack. That's why I stayed. And why I will be back there next week.

You are a wanker!

Nice

your not a very nice person

Anything constructive?

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:17 pm

thompsoc wrote:
watch the vfl.

The rotten and shocking fixture we got this season has not helped at all in fan attendences, all those rotten sunday games at 4-40, the scum game late on a Sunday night for chrissakes, worst possible timeslots for fans to actually attend games, with families and kids. No bloody wonder attendences are well down, the League rooted the draw, for us an other teams too. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:23 pm

1970 wrote:
You gotta stay till the end if you go to a game like that. Football is agony and ecstasy. If you just want the ecstasy take a pill. If you stay till the end every time the ulimate triumph is all the sweeter. These are dark days. Winter is coming. You will wait for many years. Just like we did after 58, 90. Take the pain. Or I'd start to wonder if you're Collingwood enough.

WELL said Kieran, you take the good with the bad, and we have hit a very rough place right now, as happens with very young teams. Hell, ive seen 11 losses in GFs, against two wins, and the two wins were all the more sweeter for it, for the pain and heartbreak of those losses. They mean more in the long run. Bottom line is, you stick fat, no matter what, and it is, side by side, absolutely. Exclamation Wink

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
roar 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:20 pm

thompsoc wrote:
watch the vfl.

I agree and it's why I have attended more VFL than AFL over the last couple of years.

I initially thought I was sick of the game but it's the "competition" that has turned me off: the ridiculous fixture, the blatant cheating by HQ when they want to assist one of their pets, the changeable umpiring, the stupid phucking loudometer! It all detracts from the experience.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:29 pm

John Wren wrote:
collie dog wrote:
Redlight wrote:
All those Sunday twilights have sucked the life out of the crowds. The AFL needs to understand that every time that they make it easier not to go to the footy that they're, in some cases, encouraging fans to break the habit of a lifetime. Every time you do that some of the regulars simply don't come back.

Absolutely 100% correct. I never understood why an organisation would do everything it could to drive away its loyal customers on the flimsy basis of trying to pick up a few new converts. The AFL fixture this year has been an absolute disaster, and had it not been for the success of the Adelaide Oval footy would be in a major crisis. Interestingly the NRL clubs are complaining of the same issues.

Soccer will be the number one football code within 10-15 years. The demographics point to that with all the immigration and soccer's glamour as a true world sport. Mark my words.

spindog, we all know your views on this. if you are so enamoured by soccer why don't you crawl away and follow it. go hate somewhere else.

Where's the hate? Just stating the facts. The AFL is desparate to snare the New Australian support. That's why they have Multicultural Round, etc, etc. But the facts are that soccer will inevitably draw more support from immigrants because they will continue their support of a sport they have grown up with. Mums love soccer. I know, I used to coach junior soccer. More kids are playing it. The AFL has scandalously neglected its grassroots and now it is already too late. The promise of playing a truly international sport and earning unbelievable money is just going to be too tempting and you'll see more kids drifting away from footy - especially in country towns where it is easier to get 11 or 12 kids together rather than 20+.

Sorry, but it is inevitable that soccer will be the number one code in the future. The AFL has dropped the ball on this one.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:45 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
I was there but in the Olympic stand. Stayed to the end even though my daughter was ready to fall asleep, actually not too many down that end of MCG pissed off early. How could you not feel sorry for the boys tonight. I did say in another thread you couldn't blame anyone for leaving at half time.

I'm with you.

I stayed to the end and stood next the the race and clapped the boys as they exited the ground. Some made every effort. Before he went off Cloke was showing some real leadership. Armstrong despite having played 8 quaters of football for the day was still running and giving his best to the end. Despite all the dillustional crap from the usual suspects, if you cared to look the boys looked absolutely gutted.

If you think the players don't care, open your eyes and you might see reality, not what you want to see.
Stinger 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:48 pm

KenH wrote:
Yesterday at around 2PM I went to look at tickets online, it said Ponsord stand exhausted, category one seats couldn't buy 2 seats together. So we just got general admission and turned up with just over 30,000 people with empty seats everywhere.

Me too.
magirl Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:50 pm

think positive wrote:
Stinger wrote:
At least you stay positive. Give yourself a medal.

Not positive. Not at all. It was heart breaking.

But not as heart breaking for me as the kids on the field looking up to the stands at the three quarter siren to see the army leaving in droves.

There have been games this year, the suns game for a start, where I was totally pissed at the seemingly poor effort put in. Last night I watched our players drop like flies, I saw them turned away from the bench, I saw them bent double, I saw them trying to defend as the army yelled jump for (mates with) sake, when they could barely move.

I saw Swan limping, I also saw him do a gut breaking run trying to get the ball out of their 50 when the game was out in the bay, let alone down the toilet. I've bagged his attitude, his arrogance, but last night he was their for our kids.

Last night I really wondered, is this the end for Bucks? Should it be.

What I didn't wonder was should I chuck it in til the next sunny period? I have a lot of faith in our kids. Not in our game plan.

Those kids breaking their balls, young almost throwing up before he could take a shot, swan on one leg, Keefe desperately looking for someone on the kick out. Blair diving to the bottom of a pack. That's why I stayed. And why I will be back there next week.

Great post. Thanks.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:39 pm

ThankYOU Magirl,

And also member 7167, top post

Cheers guys

The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:32 pm

People just don't have time anymore to watch bad footy

The notions of loyalty and going to the game when the year is shot is gone for a lot of the reasons you've mentioned, but the passion to use free time spent and the ticket price paid to go watch a terrible side isn't there anymore - plus, like it or not, coming 8th is now seen as a waste of everyones time. Stood at a lot of bars and sat at a lot of games where the theme is "we're just making up the numbers" - people have dropped off to watch other sports where their teams have a chance.

I also don't blame anyone for leaving a flogging to go do something else, sitting through a 60 point flogging while a hug-cam comes on, I don't blame anyone at all...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8   

Jump to: