Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

fans walked out tonight

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:38 am
Post subject: fans walked out tonightReply with quote

I stood in my usual spot tonight with 15 to 20
Pie fans.
By the second quarter they were throwing
their hands up in the air and a couple were saying
that was it - they were leaving.
by the end of the game there was me and one
other lone supporter.
The supporters are shattered
The collingwood cheer squad was half empty
The club really needs to have a brutal review
of the entire football department!
No one or nothing should be spared
get some independent observers to judge

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there but in the Olympic stand. Stayed to the end even though my daughter was ready to fall asleep, actually not too many down that end of MCG pissed off early. How could you not feel sorry for the boys tonight. I did say in another thread you couldn't blame anyone for leaving at half time.

Last edited by Johnno75 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:45 am

I was sitting in the Ponsford End and stayed until the end. I hate leaving early and giving the oppositions supporters the satisfaction of seeing us off.

I always wonder why I torture myself by sitting through a crap performance like that but my love and loyalty to the club is too big to stay away. For better or worse, we need to uphold the motto of side by side.

I don't really care if people leave early (they have that choice) but personally I hate it even though I'm a hypocrite for doing it in the 2011 Grand Final.

orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:46 am
Post subject: pies fans walk outReply with quote

My friends and I stayed to the end.

I think we were just numb.

I felt SICK...TO lose to a side like Brisbane by so much, was appalling, but there were some reasons for the loss,

But what was disturbing was the way our crowds have dropped off so much..

I personally think television has a lot to do with it, but the "side by Side " philosophy is looking pretty weak at the moment.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:47 am

Jezza wrote:
I was sitting in the Ponsford End and stayed until the end. I hate leaving early and giving the oppositions supporters the satisfaction of seeing us off.

I always wonder why I torture myself by sitting through a crap performance like that but my love and loyalty to the club is too big to stay away. For better or worse, we need to uphold the motto of side by side.

I don't really care if people leave early (they have that choice) but personally I hate it even though I'm a hypocrite for doing it in the 2011 Grand Final.
You are curious about why he or she torture him or herself by sitting a crap performance like that but his or her love and loyalty to the club is big to stay away.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:53 am

Yes the fans are really really deserting in big way!
There is absolutely no atmosphere walking into the ground.
The whole experience is just numb!
I feel more emotion walking into vic park to
watch the vfl.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:05 am

The atmosphere has been deplorable this year. Our performances have been poor and it's fair to say that this has explained the dullness of the crowd somewhat but the club's idea of supposedly 'enhancing' match-day experience such as the dance troupe, hug, dance and kiss cams and of course the loud-o-meter have destroyed the passion that has been existed amongst the club for so many years.

We definitely need a rejuvenation of some kind and these gimmicks to 'enhance' our match day experience is not the answer to the problem. Obviously improved match day performance will drive up the passion from the average member but outside the on-field performances we need a bigger and prouder cheersquad in my opinion to invoke more passion around the club as a whole. Considering the club of our size, we should have an awesome cheersquad that we're proud of instead of a small watered down one we have at the present time and the Ponsford End should be more accessible for our supporters in terms of the ticketing available in that area. It's always half-empty and it's not a pretty sight to watch unfortunately. I like the Ponsford end and I'd prefer we stay there but it needs to improve in regards to ticketing.

When the VFL atmosphere is better than the AFL's, then surely that must be the catalyst for the club to address the issue of our match-day experience. At the end of day, good performances by the team will invoke passion of the club the most in my opinion. We are without doubt one of the worst teams to watch at the moment as a spectacle and that makes people uninspired to sit through that every week.

Redlight 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:21 am

All those Sunday twilights have sucked the life out of the crowds. The AFL needs to understand that every time that they make it easier not to go to the footy that they're, in some cases, encouraging fans to break the habit of a lifetime. Every time you do that some of the regulars simply don't come back.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:22 am

Redlight wrote:
All those Sunday twilights have sucked the life out of the crowds. The AFL needs to understand that every time that they make it easier not to go to the footy that they're, in some cases encouraging fans to break the habit of a lifetime. Every time you do that some of the regulars simply don't come back.

Definitely another factor as to why the atmosphere has been poor this year.

Match scheduling has been atrocious this year with a Sunday Night match against our arch-rival in the middle of winter and three games in a row on Sunday twilight and yet we're supposedly the team with a favourable draw Rolling Eyes

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:48 am

I didn't walk but I have no issues with those who did. I spoke to at least 10 people who are members who won't be going to the Hawks game as they don't want to us us thrashed and put up with smug Dawks supporters. The club needs to admit this year they have let us down.
TheJonesBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:46 am

It's no great mystery.
It comes down to all the glory hunters and bandwagoners who jumped on when we were dominating in 2010-12 now slinking back to their lounge rooms the minute the going gets tough.
Every club has them, we are no different.
Fair weather supporters who can't grasp the concept you can win every week, nor can you win a flag every year.
But I'm sure they will be back in drives the minute we start winning again.
Nothing more certain.
It's like the late 90's all over again.
magpie1111 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:52 am

Getting home by 10.30 has got to be the high light of the my night
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:10 am

TheJonesBoy wrote:
It's no great mystery.
It comes down to all the glory hunters and bandwagoners who jumped on when we were dominating in 2010-12 now slinking back to their lounge rooms the minute the going gets tough.
Every club has them, we are no different.
Fair weather supporters who can't grasp the concept you can win every week, nor can you win a flag every year.
But I'm sure they will be back in drives the minute we start winning again.
Nothing more certain.
It's like the late 90's all over again.

this. always said it'd be interesting to see how our crowds would be when we did not perform. i guess we have found out sooner rather than later. whatever happened to the notion that our supporters would watch us even if we played on the moon?

i'd like to see if the tv ratings have maintained high numbers to counter the fall in attendances. for all the sooking about unfriendly game times this was a saturday night.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:13 am

ronrat wrote:
I didn't walk but I have no issues with those who did. I spoke to at least 10 people who are members who won't be going to the Hawks game as they don't want to us us thrashed and put up with smug Dawks supporters. The club needs to admit this year they have let us down.

waaaahhhh. woe is me. they call themselves supporters? win, lose or draw it's our team. why take the easy option when things are not travelling so well. it's times like this that make the victories all the more sweeter.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:13 am

3/4 time the desertion from around the cheer squad area was like the final siren when we win. Pretty disgusting.

15 players left not limping, players bent double because they were Knackered, players turned away from the interchange bench, because no one right to go on. It broke my heart. And that's why we stayed til the bitter end.

The mighty Pies have been there for me when I needed to rant and scream and cheer, my turn to be there for them.

I've left early before, when the players seemingly didn't give a shit.

But not last night. Bunch of kids out there, and they tried their hearts out til the final siren. Did no one see the much maligned young bent double trying to get breath for his shot on goal? Did no one see Blair dive in the bottom of a pack of lions, even though there was no one to pick up the pieces?

Did no one want to be there to see Luke ball trying desperately to turn something, anything? I'm guessing he will be gone at seasons end. I'll be there to watch him.

Life's a roller coaster, roller coasters are fun, and those gut wrenching, stomach churning, heart breaking troughs make the rush to the top seem all the more exhilarating. But you gotta be there for the whole ride.

Cheers, go Pies.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8   

Jump to: