Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

McMonkey and DT56 threads about umpires.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:07 pm
Post subject: McMonkey and DT56 threads about umpires.Reply with quote

Let people have their bloody say!!!! It gets lost on page 784 of the game day thread.

There is a very good reason we're all so ropable about that display of maggotry today.

Team was lacklustre at times, and we didn't deserve to win, but the anger is justified today..........

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

dirty lime green maggots should be all hung drawn and quartered.
McMonkey 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:13 pm

Thanks KM.

Id encourage everyone that's livid about the blatant cheating we copped today to write to the club.

Let them hear ya!

info@collingwoodfc.com.au

DT56 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:14 pm

Thanks KM
DT56 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:15 pm

As I said this is not a case of sour grapes

There is only one sporting contest in the world where officialdom are not held to scrutiny
DT56 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:17 pm

McMonkey wrote:
Thanks KM.

Id encourage everyone that's livid about the blatant cheating we copped today to write to the club.

Let them hear ya!

I have and thanks for the link .. absolutely livid atm .. we played bad, no argument, but quite frankly is was not a fair contest
McMonkey 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:19 pm

That's it DT.

I've come to grips that we are an ordinary side this year, you can't win them all, blah, blah, blah.

But, today's game was the most vile display of outright cheating, over 4 quarters I think I have ever witnessed!

The umps usually even it up after they have murdered us in the 1st quarter!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:19 pm

DT56 wrote:
McMonkey wrote:
Thanks KM.

Let them hear ya!

I have and thanks for the link .. absolutely livid atm .. we played bad, no argument, but quite frankly is was not a fair contest

Had it been umpired fairly, we still would have lost, but by around four goals, in my humble opinion. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
DT56 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:23 pm

My OP in the thread that was deleted ... MESSAGE TO CFC ...

There is one thing I will not take and that is cheating from those officiating the game of AFL. Every week umpires are looking for frees against us while letting the opposition get away with same. Today's exhibition, resulting in a free kick count of 10-27 was out and out cheating to say the least. Numerous frees were not given to us yet easily picked out for the opposition.

I will not stand for the AFL not calling this for what it is.

If the Pies don't make an issue of this my 2015 membership is not there. This is not a case of sour grapes .. it is a case of being shafted week in week out and the club must stand up for its supporters.

Having a rabble for a football team is one thing but not being given an even chance in the contest is another.
McMonkey 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:24 pm

Couldn't agree more P&C, we would of lost regardless.

Looking forward to Buckley's presser, he usually has a subtle dig if it's warranted.

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:24 pm

Umpires mostly are very meek individuals, when confronted by home crowds demanding free kicks they cave in. Last night at Kardinia Park and today at West Coast were prime examples. Nothings going to change. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Victoria Park needs to be re-developed, so we can have our own fortress.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:27 pm

DT56 wrote:
My OP in the thread that was deleted ... MESSAGE TO CFC ...

There is one thing I will not take and that is cheating from those officiating the game of AFL. Every week umpires are looking for frees against us while letting the opposition get away with same. Today's exhibition, resulting in a free kick count of 10-27 was out and out cheating to say the least. Numerous frees were not given to us yet easily picked out for the opposition.

I will not stand for the AFL not calling this for what it is.

If the Pies don't make an issue of this my 2015 membership is not there. This is not a case of sour grapes .. it is a case of being shafted week in week out and the club must stand up for its supporters.

Having a rabble for a football team is one thing but not being given an even chance in the contest is another.
I will tell them.
DT56 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:30 pm

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:
Umpires mostly are very meek individuals, when confronted by home crowds demanding free kicks they cave in. Last night at Kardinia Park and today at West Coast were prime examples. Nothings going to change. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Victoria Park needs to be re-developed, so we can have our own fortress.

As I said previously Bruce going out with a mindset of not paying 50% of the obvious frees is not a case of being meek .. that is called cheating .. and that is what happened today .. Goldsack being whacked in the face, Broomhead being ridden like a horse and Sidey's illegal disposal (while not paying the numerous throws and dropped ball from the opposition) are just some examples .. they look closely for all the frees they can pay against us but don't officiate the same offences by the opposition under the same rules.
McMonkey 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:33 pm

Very true Bruce, they are 'meek', I could think of a few other adjectives too.

Funny how all other professions, well most, have some accountability though.

It's not rocket science, if umps get swayed by home crowds, sack them and bring in umps that can do the job.

The AFL is gutless and disallowing freedom of speech when it comes to these maggots only makes it worse.

DT56 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:18 pm

A point to consider, which I think may have been mixed by some, is that the Eagles coaching staff would have known that the chances of the Pies winning the free count was not measurable on any Richter scale. A push in the back, holding on, etc would have less than 50% chance of being paid, ball would even have less chance. With that in mind you don't hold back .. in for the contest and chances you'll get away with it. Pies don't have the same luxury.

Not making excuses but they are the consequences of a biased uneven contest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: