Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Not your Average Joe!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2012/s3511601.htm

You and your employment team are average Joe's so your age of entitlement is over.
Unless off course you get knighted, ie "en-titled".
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:08 pm

3.14159 wrote:
http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2012/s3511601.htm

You and your employment team are average Joe's so your age of entitlement is over.
Unless off course you get knighted, ie "en-titled".

OK.

A, That's from 2012. and is critical of Gillard.

B. Under the law people on a 457 Visa have to be paid the same as an Australian employee. There is serious penalties for an employer who tries to pay a 457 person less.

Check out the immigration dept website. http://www.immi.gov.au/Pages/Welcome.aspx

Where the union would be pissed is if there's a bunch of 457 visa employees it would mean they can run a non union site and the union misses out on the memberships.

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:45 pm

I think we need an investigation, maybe even a Royal Commission into these serious CFMEU allegations into Gina Rienhardts use of 457 visas...

The Australian AUGUST 12, 2014 said...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/industrial-relations/michaelia-cash-dragging-feet-in-457-probe-at-gina-rinehart-project-cfmeu/story-fn59noo3-1227021032190?nk=ef4737fe835f888b00af3c49fca9c4ed

UNIONS are accusing the ­government of dragging its feet on an investigation into allegations workers on 457 visas were exploited at Gina Rinehart’s $10 billion Roy Hill iron ore project in the ­Pilbara.

Four months ago the Construction Forestry Mining and Energy Union alleged up to 200 workers on temporary visas were being “grossly unpaid and made to work excessive hours’’ by contractor Samsung C & T on the project.

The government launched an investigation, but CFMEU national secretary Michael O’Connor said yesterday the union could not comprehend why the process was taking so long. He argued it raised concerns about the integrity of the visa system.

In its complaint in April, the CFMEU alleged the imported workers were not being used in the occupations nominated for their 457 visas, and were instead doing low-level clerical work.

“We raised these issues about one of the biggest iconic projects in the country and we hear nothing, we hear crickets. I would have thought it’s pretty hopeless all round,’’ Mr O’Connor said.

“You would have thought there would be a lot of public interest to ensure that the 457 scheme is working appropriately.’’

In a letter last week to Assistant Immigration Minister Michaelia Cash, he said that “previous and similar cases had been resolved much quicker and we comprehend what the delay is in finalising such an important investigation’’.

“As you know, the entire integrity of the 457 visa scheme is being questioned and not swiftly investigating such serious allegations further ads to the criticism that the monitoring of the scheme is not taken seriously,’’ he wrote.

A spokesman for Senator Cash said the department was taking appropriate action, but “for ­privacy and operational reasons, it does not disclose the outcome or status of its investigations’’

Clarke and Dawes take on these "operational reasons"...
http://mrjohnclarke.com/media/tag/clarke-dawe/
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:02 pm

CFMEU making allegations against an employer.................

no further comment.

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:19 pm

The CFMEU Built and builds this country!
They can't be dealt with like the Auto workers Union because WE NEED them!
So instead this government (for want o f a better word) slaps them into a kangaroo court where every so-called damning detail is leaked to the press (such as it is) before the Union has a chance to even look at the allegations!
That's Gutter tactics!!!
It's members work hard and long and if they want to fight for their right to exist and get paid as well as they can be that's exactly FINE by ME!

That article from my previous post was from THE Australian btw
Murdoch has been well paid off so he's giving his troops so time off for good behaviour!
Read more...
http://www.smh.com.au/business/tax-office-forced-to-pay-rupert-murdoch-880m-20140217-32weo.html

That's how many car industries we could have saved, I make it 16 + change.

Your an intelligent man Stui, it's time you pulled your head out of the sand and smelt the bullshit these roses need to thrive in.

This is Aussie manufacturing and good Aussie workers being sold down the sewer at every opportunity!
Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by 3.14159 on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:33 pm

3.14159 wrote:
The CFMEU Built and builds this country!:

Mate, no they didn't. The CFMEU built nothing and build nothing.

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:39 pm

What on Earth does that mean? ^^^
I was a member of a Mining Union and I dug and I built things!
My Men's shed is full of blokes that built things and even taught things (like welding, carpentry and dozens of other things but they don't work any more because these skills are in industries this gumnut doesn't like...employing unions.
Most of the bloke's in my shed are in their 50's-60's and can-not get a job anywhere doing any thing!
I'd like nothing better than to join up again and work in Forestry but I can't, my injuries and constant need for breaks and special diet are something any employer would run from like a hungry lion!

Like I said, manufacturing is being hunted down and killed because it employs Unions!
What you just said is a real insult to the workers of this country!

Next time ask me what I really think!

Last edited by 3.14159 on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:49 pm

^ Quality posting, Three.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:56 pm

Thanks Tannin...
The olde tools I find and love were fired in a furnace and forged with sweat!

My brush with stupid councils, crazy neighbours and vexatious Litigation has put me under the blow-torch.
I can feel some good hard steel being re-forged in every part of my soul.

TODAY! Not your average Joe tells ME I don't need to drive a car!!!!!

Enough is enough!!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:12 pm

3.14159 wrote:
What on Earth does that mean? ^^^
I was a member of a Mining Union and I dug and I built things!
My Men's shed is full of blokes that built things and even taught things (like welding, carpentry and dozens of other things but they don't work any more because these skills are in industries this gumnut doesn't like...employing unions.
Most of the bloke's in my shed are in their 50's-60's and can-not get a job anywhere doing any thing!
I'd like nothing better than to join up again and work in Forestry but I can't, my injuries and constant need for breaks and special diet are something any employer would run from like a hungry lion!

Like I said, manufacturing is being hunted down and killed because it employs Unions!
What you just said is a real insult to the workers of this country!

Bullshit. You just insulted the workers who built all that stuff by giving the credit to the CFMEU.

Check those pr1cks out. I have respect for the workers who build things, I've worked with them. I've been a labourer on a building site. I have zero respect for the CFMEU.

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:48 pm

So basically you tried working on a site but opted for mid-managment where your paid better and get to gripe about Unions because they hurt your hurt your bottom line?

For the last 4 years very time a member of this government opens it's mouth about the economy it starts blaming people like me!
They feel that people like I don't deserve welfare and if I/we do get it they'll make sure I jump through every hoop to stay on it and don't expect a pay rise anytime soon but keeps giving all their mates a very free, very huge luncheon buffets!!
*etc etc etc ad nausium!
translation^^^* it's making me feel sick!

I was a Unionist and I can assure you I insulted none who happily toils in sun or where-ever!

Unions do the same thing as everyone else with at least 1/2 a brain does.
Try and get as much money for their labour/brains as they possibly can!
Unionists worked out a long time ago where it's strength is and they do their level best to exploit it!
It's called capitalism!
btw...
I remember you bitching and griping about how Rudd was going to take your middle management FBT car away, (actually all he wanted to do was make people more accountable) but wtf?
The facts aren't important when your wallet was under potential threat!

Drop this obsession with CFMEU and the total denial of the billions being stolen from average Australians like you and Me!
It does you little credit,
...and leaves me feeling insulted.

Last edited by 3.14159 on Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:03 pm

Three, cut Stui some slack. In some ways, he's not too bright. Specifically, he cannot get into his brain the simple fact that the union is the workers. Unions are democratic organisations made up of and representing and working for their members - ordinary workers like you and me.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:39 pm

3.14159 wrote:

I warned him. Rolling Eyes

And yes I will cut him some lack.
I do like him and I am sorry I go so worded up.

No excuse's but I've been having a stressful time lately.

Shake hands Stui?
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:06 am

3.14159 wrote:
3.14159 wrote:

Shake hands Stui?

I have to say I agree with you, Stui is a good bloke but seems to have too much hatred for the unions. I too worked on construction sites and give me well run union site any day. Not all unionists are good people but I believe the majority are!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:06 am

3.14159 wrote:
3.14159 wrote:

Shake hands Stui?

Happy to shake hands mate, no issues from my perspective, just don't expect me to change my opinion of the CFMEU.

What Tannin can't get through his head is that i don't hate unions.

i don't agree that the union is the workers, that is a philosophical stance that is utterly divorced from reality. there's plenty of unions that i do respect. CPSU and ANMF to name just 2. The CFMEU is not one of them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: