Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Block take 3!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:36 pm
Post subject: The Block take 3!Reply with quote

Can't find the other 2 threads

So tell me, why would anyone think having a shower up a couple of stairs, like a fricken stage, with no sidings to stop you falling in the bath or down the stairs, and hey, soap and conditioner make the floor slippery, not to mention, have they never cleaned a shower?

Where is all that shampoo and conditioner that gets tossed around going to go.

$£$%^%%$ stupid. Looks stupid. Stupid idea.

Wonder if they have a big mirror in there.

Fat mumma or dada can check themselves out in the shower, hey look at me, I'm not the biggest loser this week! Just fricken bizarre

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

These kind of investments must be where the money is rather than a house with front and backyards.

Whats the old saying "it's got up for gigs"!
The foreman is an idiot plan and simple but at least we didn't get another series of those moronic twins from Adelaide who eat with their mouths open which seems to be an SA tradition.

I love the underfloor heating if it's instant. I'm not the high end millionaire market they are aiming for so although I'm watching it I'm not fussed about it.

A block in Sunshine, Thomastown, Boronia, Noble Park or Seaford won't bring the same profit so it's not aimed at normal people.

Dee I'm not sure about but Darren seems to know his shit.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:48 am

1061 wrote:
These kind of investments must be where the money is rather than a house with front and backyards.

Whats the old saying "it's got up for gigs"!
The foreman is an idiot plan and simple but at least we didn't get another series of those moronic twins from Adelaide who eat with their mouths open which seems to be an SA tradition.

I love the underfloor heating if it's instant. I'm not the high end millionaire market they are aiming for so although I'm watching it I'm not fussed about it.

A block in Sunshine, Thomastown, Boronia, Noble Park or Seaford won't bring the same profit so it's not aimed at normal people.

Dee I'm not sure about but Darren seems to know his shit.

Ha, funny I said exactly the same thing to junior last night,the bitchy twins arnt on! Thank God!
I wonder how long the under floor heating does take, good question.

The expense thing is the part that gets me, how well are these things put together? How well can you build something in a week? How much rework is there?

We owner built and did a lot of the grunt work ourselves, to get a decent finish takes time, and it takes skilled workers, who take their time, how many tiles fall off the wall, how about plaster cracks? People who have that much money generally are pretty shrewd, you'd think, can't see anything shrewd about buying a place built by ameuters.

Don't watch it all the time, the weekly shows are pretty same old same old, the first series, when they actually did the work was better. But I like the room reveals, and I did happen to catch good ol Jolls tantrum the other day!

Mate the mess they made, I would have been first up cleaning it up, I just couldn't work like that. Our builders all commented our site was the cleanest site they had ever worked on! I even had blue and spray in the builders toilet.

Really happy the pair that won got it this week, by far the best ideas and looks. Except those ugly green towels! Like the cubby hole cupboard with the towels another couple had, that was a good idea. Missed the first room reveal, so only seen glimpses of the rooms. The couple vote idea is obviously just to cause drama, that's just never going to work!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:37 pm

Just saw Wakes as a potential buyer judging the places.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:39 pm

So was that Shane and Ligita Wakelin in tonight's episode? Hope he did the right thing by giving Jolly full points to help out a Collingwood brother.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:16 am

Pretty sure Max Hudghton was there too.
#SIDEBYSIDE
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:19 am

wasn't home, and forgot to tape, who won the extra dosh?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:20 am

mandy wrote:
Pretty sure Max Hudghton was there too.
Pretty much, eh?
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:21 am

Max and Karstan.
#SIDEBYSIDE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:26 pm

Glad you posted that Mandy, I would have but it would have been a waste of time TP has me on ignore LOL.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:54 am

mandy wrote:
Max and Karstan.

Cheers, thanks for that

Really is cheers with the wine rack!

I preferred the winners one, more practical, and you could use under the staircase as a playpen! Lock the kids up! don't like the black stairs on max and karstans, you'd need to put a steel strip on the end of the treads, or you'd break your neck. And who's idea is the glass? Well I guess if you can afford to pay that for a place, you pay a cleaner!! Same as the white rises on jollys stairs, they would get marked pretty quick.

One I'll say for jolly, he at least works hard, some of the others barely touch tools.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:27 pm

Hmmm none of the apartments do it for me but I especially hate the lights that Jolly's Mrs picked Shocked

And I cant have Jenna and Chris - especially Chris he seems a bit lazy and petulant!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:58 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Hmmm none of the apartments do it for me but I especially hate the lights that Jolly's Mrs picked Shocked

And I cant have Jenna and Chris - especially Chris he seems a bit lazy and petulant!

Yeah you reckon a cabinet maker would come up with something better than that awful set up in the laundry/bathroom!

Not loving any of them either, and dare I say I miss the bitchy twins, they had personality!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:36 am

Man they sure are getting desperate with the publicity for the show. "The BIG news a couple of weeks back, "why did Dee have to leave?" And the headline next to it "cheating on the block" yeah stick two and two together, and you don't get a sick child in hospital. Personally if I was the Jollys, I'd be pretty pissed off that my family's crisis was used like that.

Now the budget scandal. Hell every year something strikes me as bullshit. Some of the prices quoted for some very dodgey "artwork!".

It's a shame the building and designing and the personalities of the show can no longer sustain it without the scandalous headlines. Haven't watched it much this year, for one I don't reckon there was long enough between this and last season in the leave them wanting more train of thought. Still enjoy the reveals, but really, it's a design competition now. And with the multi million dollar price tags, probably be a good thing. Don't know that I'd want something built in a few weeks by total amateurs!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:04 pm

Gees I reckon this blocks a bit of a flop!

Dare I say it but Jolls and the missus are the only ones with a bit of practicality, and taste, through all their rooms.

Seriously feeling sorry for Jenna, but I get the judges points, pretty average. If Chris is self employed as a cabinet maker, he will go broke after this show!

Haven't watched it much during the week, but doesn't appear to have the personality of past shows.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: