Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

re last nites cheer squad at colonial

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2001 5:19 am
Post subject: re last nites cheer squad at colonialReply with quote

I could not be happier it just went so well considering it was the first time we all had the chance to sit together and cheer for our pies.And you know what its gonna get better, last night was nothin'you aint seen nothin yet'for those who did not sit with us i wanna know what did you think like could you hear us and did you like our chants?It's so important to get feed back as its kinda hard sitting there amongst all the noise and trying to figure out how we went,And please if any of you guys who sat with us last night liked what you saw please ring the club and join now ok.Me well i was stuffed well into the 1st quarter i reckon i lost 2 kilo's last nite not to mention not having a voice at the moment.Before the start of the game we went around the cheer squad area and told people they have got to cheer and join in the chants and the response was so positive i hope it kinda showed during the match.We will get better and we will get louder...we gotta be loud and proud and if last night was an indication i believe we will.A special thanx to all of you in the cheer squad who have made us so welcome and a special thanx to my mates who have come across with with me and the good thing about last night is the rules of the cheer squad were strictly adhered to and that is no foul language and no bringing beer into cheer squad area and we have a great leader in kerri baptist she is such a legend it was a great night and it was fun and thats what it's all about so come on if you wanna cheer your guts out and not be ashamed to show your love for the great collingwood football club please join ok every one will be made extremely welcomed.
And once again a special thanks to all!!!
ps for those who watched it on telly we want yuour feedback as well,did we look the part and could you hear us also?

------------------
There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.

magpie24 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2001 6:32 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Joffa i have just watched the video.
Just one question Joff,whats your contract at channel 7 worth cos they seem to no where your standing lol.

HALLS A WANKER LOL GO PIES
dave_ray 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2001 6:33 am

Joffa,

The cheer squad was great last night - well done. You could tell that it was very much a unified front. Keep it up.

One question - does "Hall is a wanker" count as bad language (LOL!). I'll have to come and sit down your end next time and join in.

Must admit I couldn't hear all of your chants as I was in the other half of the stadium (Docklands side on the flank). Strange ground Colonial - the sound disperses outward so if one isn't in the half of your side of the stadium, it's hard to hear what's going on.

Oh, another question - why didn't we have a banner?

Good old Collingwood forever

Davey

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2001 6:50 am

Hey Joffa,
Yep i watched it on telly. I was impressed with the way we played. The cheer squad were great, whenever we took a great mark in the forward line (eg Tarrant early in the 1st quarter in the goal square)I could see all of the cheer squad jump off their seats with their arms up in the air! I was doing that too on my couch whenever we took a good grab or great goal, like our first goal. Bucks 50 metres out on the run, straight through the farking middle! Who else was impreassed with Mark Richardson in the back line? Tarrant and Molly were great, and so was O'bree. And Bucks picking up a lazy 34 possesions.Hey Joffa,Mags,Spidey,Miss Magpie etc: could one of you give a indepth report of what you did before the game, after etc? Thanks guys. SHITE HERE COME THE MIGHT OF THE BLACK AND THE FARKING WHITE!!!!!! HERE WE GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

------------------
"Good 'Ol Collingwood Forever"
Broadie 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2001 6:58 am

Saw Joffa on the tube as well - you're looking a little greyer, mon frer.

Trying to emulate MM?

------------------
Broadie
eMmA 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2001 7:18 am

I have nearly gone through a thing of soothers and still my throat is soar!!!

but anyway..well done boys!!! and especially well done to the cheer squad,it was so good to see all the collingwood family come together and sing and chant as a whole!!!Kerry....your a star!!!..i look forward to many more enjoyable games with the collingwood official cheersquad.

ah and......"GO ANTHONY & LEON"

LATERZ

------------------
SAV&ANTHONY R SEXY-->36/23 UNTIL FOREVER-->ROCCA BOYZ ROCK MY WORLD!!!

ed healey 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2001 10:18 am

I watched on tv and was impressed with the bloke with the black and white face.
Who was that?
Looked great in a sea of collingwood jumpers.
Good win,but not overly impressed as the aints are not much chop.
The ruck could be ok as stunning steve may be joshs back up if he can keep that up.
I like the back line but burns and steinfort will fit in at expense of who?
Too many handballs at times when a kick would have been more appropriate,but they looked to be a very quick team,lets hope theres not too much wet weather to slow us up.
Clement looks good and molloy and tarrant have to work out who is going for the mark.
Bucks was great as usual and I think MM may be getting somewhere with the list.
Wet toast got flogged last night and we can flog them nextweek.
gopies

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2001 10:34 am

well i didnt hear the cheersquad cos i was at the other goals (after finally getting in, bloody ridiculous lines!). though i could SEE the cheersquad and it was bloody never still!
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2001 12:16 pm

I was rapt with last night's effort by the Cheer Squad. But there's a lot of improvement needed to make it truly great.

See my comments and criticisms on the "Cheer Squads" forum.

------------------
**floreat pica**

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2001 1:19 pm

Oh what a night it was it really was such a night.........
I had the time of my life as for the cheersquad..... Ive been dreaming of such a cheersquad for the last couple of years and finally we are on the road to becoming one of the greatest.....
Thanks Joffa..... without your help I don't think we could've done it... this is only the start and we'll only get better....
All of you will have to excuse the lack of equipment but a lot has to be sorted out and got into gear. what we had last night was the best we could manage. As for the banner there will be none for the Ansett Cup series unless we make the finals.
Will let you know more as I find out........
Thanks again everyone and we'll see you back at Colonial in a fortnight.........

GO PIES.......GO BUCKS
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2001 3:12 pm

well now that ive thought about it that was one of the most farkin finest nites at the footy. I might join the 'gay official' now lol We will see if i can strike a good deal with the chik in charge...wots her name again lucky bitch got a kiss off Eddie! Is she on here...cheersquad lady where r u? Well done everybody ah and Alf do u have an earache from sittin behind all us little groupies. Ay Miss Magpie how did you manage to get on TV so much u..i got on twice (u may have noticed the footy slut hair lighting up the whole of Colonial stadium!)lol

#11~GO OBIE~#11

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2001 3:52 pm

Cometh the hour cometh the man,

Yesterday at Colonial the man returned (beanieless) but the roar and the passion was still the same. Yes folks it was Joffa.

Joffa you did the Collingwood football club proud. The Cheersquad finally entered the 21st century. In previous years it was like an RSL Club for old people.....lol

I think half the crowd was surprised that they could actually hear the cheerswuad this year. It was also great to see Joffa in the Locker Room enjoying some beers. By the way Joffa its your shout next game.

All in all well done but i want it to be even louder next game. But it was a good first up effort.

JLC
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2001 4:15 pm

hmmm is this the same man who begged me to come back to the Ponny stand cheersquad hehe JLC join the new official mate!

#11~GO OBIE~#11

Spooker 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2001 7:29 pm

yeah go the cheersquad joffa u did a good job and too the lady who is running it this year (very sorry i have forgottne your name) you did an excellent job it went really well our chanting was hear a mile away wich is what we want. and the barry hall chants were good and effective i am sure he heard them and cracked the shits! go pies

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2001 11:17 pm

Regarding the Hall is a wanker chant, I have heard people with Barry's hobby described as having a self stimulatory obsession. Work that one into a chant Joffa!
Sounds like you folks may all be at the start of something big! Keep it up!
I'm off for my winter sun in Jamaica for two weeks so I hope the pies can keep the form whilst I'm guzzling cold lager in the heat (Dipper, remember what heat and the sun are mate?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: