Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dees get Pick 3 as compo for Frawley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:33 pm
Post subject: Dees get Pick 3 as compo for FrawleyReply with quote

What a joke. That aside, it now means Brisbane can only offer pick 5. All the more reason they need to get creative if they want Beams.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Phark me.

That's a bummer.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:40 pm

System is a joke. Hawks got 19 when they lost Buddy. The best player in the AFL.

That aside this really weakens Brisbanes position. All the more reason they need to bring a third or even 4th party in to make this deal fly. If Collingwood roll over on this I'll be pissed off big time.

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:54 pm

I thought the AFL said "no" when Melbourne asked for a priority pick.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:53 pm

What a lot of hooey by the AFL. Frawley pick 3 & I'm a nobel prize winner Rolling Eyes
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:53 pm

The AFL did say " no " to a priority pick because that was a proposed pick that a club can be eligible for just for being crap and not being able to run a football club. I thought the Dees had a bullet proof argument actually.
Pick #3 is a compensation pick for Frawley ( free agency ) and the dees cant believe their luck.
So obviously the lions go back to pick # 5. I have a different take on them drifting out to # 5. The lions have tried to convince everyone all along that # 4 is a fair trade for beams ( which it isnt ) Now that it has just become # 5, they have shot themselves in the foot by saying that if # 4 was close to the mark, then pick# 5, is now not good enough. There is a big difference between #4 and # 5 in this draft. I actually think that the lions with pick # 5 to offer, has virtually guaranteed that we will now get a bit more, either directly ot through a third party deal. I still think the dees are going to play a part in the beams deal as a third party. Watch this space.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:01 pm

Damien wrote:
System is a joke. Hawks got 19 when they lost Buddy. The best player in the AFL.

That aside this really weakens Brisbanes position. All the more reason they need to bring a third or even 4th party in to make this deal fly. If Collingwood roll over on this I'll be pissed off big time.

geelong got two picks for ablett, THE best player in the comp.

it's a flawed formula that calculated frawley's worth.

anyway, only another four days to wait.

Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:02 pm

I don't get all of the hoo haa about why they got the pick.
The equation the AFL use is pretty simple.
It is based on the age of the player and the amount they are paid.
Then it comes down to which round in the draft.
We got a 1st round pick for Daisy who is a cripple.

Free agency favours the more successful clubs. This is one small was that the process can offer some equalization from a process that diminishes the strength of weaker clubs.

Move on Rolling Eyes

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:00 pm

It's pretty simple: we've said from Day that pick 4 ain't enough, so pick 5 definately ain't.

It's like making an offer of $1 million on a house and the vendor says no and then you come back and offer $800 thousand.

I would rather run the risk of having Beams with us next year unhappy, than getting pantsed by them and seeing him blitzing in their colours.

I still reckon if he is forced to stay he will fall into line and who knows, may even have a change of heart.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:11 pm

Damien wrote:
It's pretty simple: we've said from Day that pick 4 ain't enough, so pick 5 definately ain't.

It's like making an offer of $1 million on a house and the vendor says no and then you come back and offer $800 thousand.

I would rather run the risk of having Beams with us next year unhappy, than getting pantsed by them and seeing him blitzing in their colours.

I still reckon if he is forced to stay he will fall into line and who knows, may even have a change of heart.

Yep! Sounds logical to me!
themonk 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:16 pm

Damien wrote:

Beams is not Dustin Martin, he has made up his mind to go. Apparently Brisbane have now raised the stakes by extending the contract offered, the intention is to place added pressure on to us, if we hold our ground it may work in our favor.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:30 pm

themonk wrote:
Damien wrote:

Beams is not Dustin Martin, he has made up his mind to go. Apparently Brisbane have now raised the stakes by extending the contract offered, the intention is to place added pressure on to us, if we hold our ground it may work in our favor.

The contract length is irrelevant if He wants out anyway.

This is about getting a fair deal or it's no deal.

Stuff him. Is he gunna sit out the year and not play? Or will he play and take advantage of our preparedness to accomodate his pressing issues at home. (So pressing that he's sitting in a pub in Kew instead of being with his Daddy).

So he leaves anyway in 12 months time. If we are gunna be as bad next year as some on here reckon, our compensation pick will be top 5!

I like any of these scenarios, just not the one where we settle for pick 5 only.

Last edited by Damien on Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:30 pm

Increasing the contract, if they have, is only to keep Beams from looking elsewhere.

We have no obligation to get him to the Lions. There are 16 other clubs out there that aren't Collingwood. If the Lions won't deal, Dayne needs to start considering them.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:38 pm

Damien wrote:
The contract length is irrelevant if He wants out anyway.

This is about getting a fair deal or it's no deal.

Stuff him. Is he gunna sit out the year and not play? Or will he play and take advantage of our preparedness to accomodate his pressing issues at home. (So pressing that he's sitting in a pub in Kew instead of being with his Daddy).

So he leaves anyway in 12 months time. If we are gunna be as bad next year as some on here reckon, our compensation pick will be top 5!

I like any of these scenarios, just not the one where we settle for pick 5 only.

No compo if he just up and leaves at the end of next season, just goes into the ND or PSD as an uncontracted player or agrees to a trade.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:00 pm

I thought he became a restricted free agent?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: