Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Umpires and Collingwood.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:50 am
Post subject: Umpires and Collingwood.Reply with quote

I have to mention Collingwood in my thread heading, even though this is not my real discussion, i just dont want this to be put into the nicks graveyard by our zealous mods, never to be seen again. This is not reallly about the Pies per se, well kinda, but more about what i witnessed last night.

Last night, for the first time in my life, i witnessed a game of League football, as a neutral fan, that was undoubtedly decided by the umpires, beyond any shadow of a doubt. Last night the dockers got not only royally screwed by them, they got reemed, shafted, and crushed by the maggots. Never have i seen such a shocking and vile exhibtion of such blatantly biased umpiring, never ever. At half time the maggots had given the cats, down at their dump ground in the unemployment capital of the Nation, something like 24 frees for, and only 8 againts, shortly to blow out to 30-10, even the commentators were aghast, it was just so bad. Led by our old enemy, stevic, they literally handed the cats four goals, and thats the lead the cats had at half time. Only when, and perhaps that weako wayne campbell must have rang them up at three quarter time screaming, only when the stopped these insane mammoth frees to the pussies, last qtr, did the game turn into a real contest, and the dockers nearly pinched it.

Now being a Piesman, and a neutral observer, this is not sour grapes on my behalf, cos it wasnt a Pies game, it was a great game totally ruined by maggot idiots like stevic, who should be banned from umpiring for life, never let him and his moron honchos near a League ground again. how on earth LYON held his temper post game and blast them is beyond me, and i noticed even cats coach Scott looked very sheepish about it post game,as well he should have, he knew the umps decided the match. Its high time the league did a top level investigation of the shocking standard of umpiring, as i now believe that corruption and betting could be creeping into umpiring, the system is or could be corrupted, and its time it was dealt with, or fans will stay away in droves, as is happening now. I got onto a bigfooty site post game, and many neutral fans, hawks, blues, dons, saints, were all saying it was the worst most biased exhibition they have ever, ever seen. It was a damn disgrace, we get screwed week after week, something must be done now.
Exclamation Exclamation Idea Exclamation Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

For some time I have thought that one thing that could be done to bring scrutiny to bear on umpires and umpiring is for someone with the know how to set up a web site called 'Maggot Watch' (a la 'Media Watch' on ABC TV).

It would chronicle a game-by-game analysis of free kicks and when in the game and where on the ground they are paid. But also where and when they are not paid. There should also be personal profiles on each umpire.

This data bank needs to be built up over time so an established body of informed data can be used to identify trends and repeat offenders.

Analysis would need to be fair and objective, and conducted not just by Collingwood supporters but by respected supporters from other clubs. And it needs to be sponsorship-free to avoid any hint of commercial bias.

I see no reason why umpires should not be held to the same standards of scrutiny that players and coaches are subjected to.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:45 am

it happens week after week after week, and for some reason its the pussies who get the best of it. they were getting frees that should have gone the other way that were not even close to 50/50s, blatant holding on in there back line, constantly going to ground like they were shot in the leg and just getting a free ride all over the ground. the constant cheating at the top level within this competition needs to be investigated. disgusting, blatant, shameful.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:50 am

Woods wrote:
For some time I have thought that one thing that could be done to bring scrutiny to bear on umpires and umpiring is for someone with the know how to set up a web site called 'Maggot Watch' (a la 'Media Watch' on ABC TV).

It would chronicle a game-by-game analysis of free kicks and when in the game and where on the ground they are paid. But also where and when they are not paid. There should also be personal profiles on each umpire.

This data bank needs to be built up over time so an established body of informed data can be used to identify trends and repeat offenders.

Analysis would need to be fair and objective, and conducted not just by Collingwood supporters but by respected supporters from other clubs. And it needs to be sponsorship-free to avoid any hint of commercial bias.

I see no reason why umpires should not be held to the same standards of scrutiny that players and coaches are subjected to.

bring it on.

and justice for all.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:32 am

I was on here whinging about that exact same thing last night before my thread was moved to the graveyard but you're right. Those little lime green maggots and that whistle happy (stevic) saved the cats from what should have been a dockers win last night. Even watching it as a neutral observer I found myself shouting at the tv as I would if I was watching the Pies play. Yes, that's how bad the umpiring was last night. To think that those maggots have the power to decide a game is scary people and if that was us instead of the dockers then we'd want blood and rightly so. It was out of control. It makes you wonder whether there is a conspiracy at play here and question why some teams get treated favourably over others. The pussies always accrue a large amount of free kicks because they play for them. I saw head ducking at its highest level. They'd all get a gig on home and away they were that good...(bad). Watching them last night, they milked it time after time after time. Sandilands was manhandled and bearhugged ala Cloke, but nothing, no reward. Same thing happens to that human Ken doll down the other end and the scump couldn't have blown his load... ooops sorry, whistle quick enough. They pricks could cheat their way to the GF and that makes me sick but if enough hoo ha is made about this, then it could be stopped.
The-Den Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:53 am

I didn't watch the game last night but gee it must have been bad given i have seen 3 threads regarding it. The umpiring has really turned me off footy. I use to watch neutral games every week and I think this season I have probably only watched 2 game that haven't involved us. Its gotten to the stage where every time a player is tackled there is a chance a scump may call it holding the ball when clearly its not there. Players being held when trying to win a contested ball. Trav getting mauled every week. The AFL would want to do something about it pretty quick or they're going to lose a lot fans if they haven't already with their joke of a schedule.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:18 am

What I should do at this point is roll out a bunch of the hackneyed chestnuts you've served up to me over the past six years PnC. Only the weak blame the umpires. Have you forgotten?

That was the first time in your life you saw the umps dictate the outcome?

It happens pretty much every week.

At least four times this year Geelong have been assisted in victory.

Last year it was Hawthorn obviously benefiting week after week.

In 2010 it was us. You didn't notice did you? Watch Anzac Day 2010. Those poor Bombers. I felt sorry for them that day.

Welcome to the enlightenment. It sucks. Rips the pleasure right out of the footy, so it does.

Getting less and less lonely each week though, and I haven't had anyone question my sanity in ages.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:19 am

Do you think everyone will agree?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:33 pm

ALL I know is, beyond any doubt, that Stevic is going to cost a team a Premiership, very soon, and all hell will break loose at the G, and who can blame the fans ??

matrix10 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:42 pm

Agree with OP.

watching the game I sat bewildered at how completely different rules were applied to each team.

When 30-10 popped up on screen- I could not believe it- surely this has to be a record free differential??

In a game decided by 2 points- it is not to much of a strecth to say Freo were well and truly cheated out of a victory.

Stevic is a rotten cheat.
E 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:54 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
I was on here whinging about that exact same thing last night before my thread was moved to the graveyard but you're right. Those little lime green maggots and that whistle happy (stevic) saved the cats from what should have been a dockers win last night. Even watching it as a neutral observer I found myself shouting at the tv as I would if I was watching the Pies play. Yes, that's how bad the umpiring was last night. To think that those maggots have the power to decide a game is scary people and if that was us instead of the dockers then we'd want blood and rightly so. It was out of control. It makes you wonder whether there is a conspiracy at play here and question why some teams get treated favourably over others. The pussies always accrue a large amount of free kicks because they play for them. I saw head ducking at its highest level. They'd all get a gig on home and away they were that good...(bad). Watching them last night, they milked it time after time after time. Sandilands was manhandled and bearhugged ala Cloke, but nothing, no reward. Same thing happens to that human Ken doll down the other end and the scump couldn't have blown his load... ooops sorry, whistle quick enough. They pricks could cheat their way to the GF and that makes me sick but if enough hoo ha is made about this, then it could be stopped.

their president is a former AFL commissioner of some authority. Colin Carter is his name!

I have noticed that the cats and Hawks always seem to do well by the umpires. In other eras it has been the blues. interesting that these three teams essentially RUN the AFL.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:02 pm

Certain teams always seem to get the run of the green, it has always happened, will always happen.

Agree Freo got reamed last night but it's a bit of payback for the armchair ride they get at Subi.
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:10 pm

Geelong player ages at time of Round 1 2015.
Enright 33y 6m, Johnson 31y 7m, Bartel 31y 5m, Kelly 31y 4m, Lonergan 30y 8m, Mackie 30y 6m, McIntosh 30y 5m, Rivers 30y 4m, Stokes 30y 3m.
Maybe dads army are getting pensioners discount on their frees.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:29 pm

DADS Army for sure, they are an old side, and its their old bastards that get em over the line, time an time again. Their few kids, outside Guthrie and Murdoch, are pretty average too. Cant wait for a couple of years, when all their old pricks are gone, and the absolute arse falls outa them, ala what happened to the scum and Lions years ago. Cats are the direct opposite to us, an elderly side, few kids, and old players hanging on far too long. They will be buggered soon, and cannot wait for that day !! Razz Exclamation

virgomag 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:48 pm

I could not agree more Piesnchess, watched the game with my father and we were absolutely gob-smacked, anyone (apart from a Geelong supporter) would have thought they were dragged onto the ground to umpire the game straight from the blue and white cheer squad !!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: