Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cheersquad 2001

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2001 6:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I respect anyone who turns up to any sporting event wearing the black and white.

I regret letting my sister talk me out of wearing the 2000 cap to the Kooyong tennis, there were two people right in front wearing theirs. I gotta admit the principle reason I did not wear mine, was that I was afraid that the predominantly black cap might fry my brain, but hey, I certainly respect the people who took the chance and went to the tennis as Collingwood supporters.

So the official cheer squad deserve respect for turning up in the black and white. I gotta admit though, on too many times I did not even realise where the Official cheer was, they do not seem very fanatical or vocal, especially when compared with the antics of the Unofficial cheer squad at the Ponsford end.

Even that guy with the "let's go magpies" chant deserves our respect for cheering for the magpies (he just loses a little for being so uninspirational and so monotonous). He could have spiced it up a bit (like I occassionally did if he started near me, HIM "Let's go Magpies, let's go" ME "From 16th to 15th Magpies" HIM "Let's go Magpies, let's go" ME "Forward, thats where the goals are" and so on).

Joffa often gives an inspirational speech just before we leave the Cricketers, to head to the game. It REALLY gets our blood going and leave the pub in high spirits and good voice, determined to urge the Pie's on to victory by the weight of our support.

In summary, change is good and the official cheersquad is in need of some. But the people who have and are the backbone of the cheersquad get my hearltfelt thanks and of course my upmost repect.

CARN THE PIES!
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2001 6:49 am

Oh, and I forgot to point out, that some of the more exuberant of our club's fan's would not be appropriate for children and some other's with sensitive tastes.

So there will always be some segregation (drinking vs non drinking areas take care of that).

The best result will be if the cheer squads compete against each other. The end result should be louder.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2001 10:58 am

well when those from the ponsford go to colonial sometimes your cheersquad is next to them joffa and i have seen your lot bagging kath too.
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2001 2:59 pm

Yes i have bagged her CQ but not on here for the world to see,i was just tryin to point out that her workload would of been tremendous and the bottom line is she is collingwood prolly a lot more than us two,and she is prolly someones mum so i think we should show some respect and leave it there.

------------------
There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.

nickim 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2001 11:20 am

I think it is about time that all of the Collingwood cheersquads joined together to make without a doubt the largest and the best cheersquad in the AFL. We are the most passionate fans in the league if we were to combine forces we would be explosive.

Lets not look back at the past, yes the official cheersquad does need some fresh ideas and maybe some new chants but this can be done. At the end of the day we are all there for the same reasons to watch the football, have fun and make our support known.

I hope to see everyone at the meeting on Thursday at 6.30, everyone is welcome and there will be a couple of players there to show there support.

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2001 5:41 pm

huh...players there?!? *Spidey's ears prick up*

COLLINGWOOD: TIME TO LIVE UP TO THE NAME

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2001 3:21 am

A small group from this site will be in attendance at tonites meeting,myself,SS11,miss magpie and emma and to be honest we are all looking foward to it.Its time to end the divisions that have existed between all cheer squads.I like to think we are all equal at pieland and in a group like fashion i think it will be fun to discuss and bring forward ideas in an attempt to make OUR cheersquad the most awesome cheer squad in this country.Whatever the outcome,at the very least may we all be prepared from this day on strive forward in an attempt to make this happen.Phew im sounding like JFK hope their aint any grass knolls around vicky park these days?

------------------
There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2001 3:27 am

ps,if anyone else from this site wants to come along please do
6.30 pm tonite thursday the 8th at vicky park.

This was a last minute decision thing to attend after having a chat with paula late last nite,So please if you wanna come along please do.

------------------

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2001 5:17 pm

So, how'd it go?
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2001 8:19 pm

Well it was excellent i was so impressed with the whole evening,i was made chant leader so please wish me luck i hope i dont dissapoint.I gotta tell yous this will be the biggest and loudest cheersquad of all time.I was a little nervous when i got there cause i did not want the others to think'ok move aside we are taking over'But we were welcomed in a big way and it felt good.Thanks to SS11,MISS MAGPIE AND EMMA for comming with me,I tell yous all this im as proud as punch to be a magpie,This club is on the move and im so excited.I wanna say this to the other cheer squads please get behind us, i havnt had a chance to tell you all personally of what took place tonite.But the days of division are over we are now one cheer squad like it or lump it thats the way it is,The official cheer squad have welcomed us with open arms the days of bagging shit out of our brothers and sisters are long gone,lets move on together and support the gratest club god ever put on this earth.A special thanks to paula and nicki and of course our much loved president and to all the wonderful collingwood people at tonites meeting.And to let you all in on a little goss we are going to try something never ever done at an afl game before and if it works it will simply be fantastic thats all im sayin at present.
Many thanks to all
joffa
ps,thank you mike our much loved leader of this site, for it was you that made some very frank observations which in a big way led to tonites events, your ok for an ex canterbury toff....LOL

------------------

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2001 8:52 pm

Just like to let everyone know that the Meeting for the Cheersquad went fabulously. We are all very excited.
Thanks to Joffa....... WE ARE ONE!!!!!!!!
and again thanks to all who have contributed here especially Mike who without this site none of this could have happened.
Thanks again please get behind us and we will be a force to contend with.
Roll on season 2001

GO PIES.....GO BUCKS

Paula
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2001 9:03 pm

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????????????

Joffa ... the "official" chant leader??????????

Has hell frozen over or something??????????

If this is true it's going to be an interesting season. Could this be the revival of the mighty Collingwood Official Cheer Squad?

I must admit I'm a bit sceptical. I can't see it lasting. I think Joffa's barracking style might be a bit too "colourful" for an OFFICIAL cheer squad.

Haven't the Cheer Squads got all sorts of regulations on their behaviour etc ... the A.F.L. Guidelines or some such thing? Isn't that why the division between the cheer squads (official and unofficial) existed in the first place?

What's going on?????????????

But if Joffa is chant leader I'm going to rejoin.
THIS I'VE GOTTA SEE.

------------------
**floreat pica**

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2001 4:52 am

From what I can work out, what was missing from the official was feral magpie. That's been rectified in fine style.

He's been recognised by the print and electronic media, publicly by the president and now takes his rightful place.

Now that the Club has taken over the management of the cheer squad, I hope that they can exercise some tolerance and allow the best thing that's ever happened to it to strut his stuff and get The Noise happening.

ps. from one ex Canterburyite to another Joffa, I need to remind you that at least I didn't live in a mansion.
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2001 4:56 am

Thanks Alf
Look i just got to point out that im not cheer squad leader im a chant leader and to make it work even better we will need at least 3 chant leaders.I believe we can be ferral and loud but we got to remember two things we are official representatives of the collingwood footy club and we have to be mindful of the fact that young kiddies will be sitting amongst us so colorful language will not be tolerated and i appreciate that.Some of the ideas that came up in the meeting last night were sensational.I cant go into a lot of them on here as i have to be respectful that im not the leader(i just wish i could remember the ladies name that is)cause she is fantastic.But there will be plenty of flags it will be a sea of black and white.The impression i got from last nights meeting is that everyone wants to be loud,Together we want to be the best and loudest cheer squad in
this country.The young kiddies will be encouraged to stand and yell for there collingwood our collingwood,There is no shame in barracking loud for our magpies either 10 goals up or 10 goals down.From the way i see things now, if your in the cheer squad and go home after a game not buggered you have let the squad down.The one thing im gonna enjoy is revving up the kiddies before each game.I have so much respect for our younger maggies who in tough times have remained so loyal.Look i know some people are goin to say what the hell is this moron joffa doin in the official cheer squad the guy thats's been dragged over the fence by the cops,the guy who rarely see's a last quarter cause he's been evicted,i say to these people im sorry for giving your club and my club a bad name.We gotta move with the times,the common catch phrase at last nights meeting was 'that was then this is now'Lets all get behind the revamped official cheer squad,lets all together make it the best bloody thing ever seen in football.Pass it around tell the kiddies and anyone else who wants to join that this cheer squad will be the place to be,ring the club for details on how to join now.

------------------

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2001 5:11 am

Hey mike your kinda destroying my persona 'if thats the correct way of spelling it'What will they think now? to know that i once lived in a mansion in canterbury....LOL

------------------

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: