Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cheersquad 2001

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2001 7:54 am
Post subject: Cheersquad 2001Reply with quote

Hi all,
as a member of the Collingwood Official Cheersquad (COC) I would like to know and understand why such animosity exists toward us.

We all bleed Black & White so why can't we all unite in voice?
All together we could be a cheering force to rival all others
(and wouldn't that make Eddie happy!)

I would also like to inform you that this year the COC is under the management of the Collingwood Football Club and a meeting has been called for Thursday 8th inst at 6.30pm on the Second Floor. All interested parties welcomed.

I challange leaders of the break-away groups to attend and see
what can be worked out.

See www.collingwoodfc.com.au for further details.
*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2001 9:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont get it either, Mags is probably gonna jump down my throat for saying this, but I don't see anything wrong with the official squad.. sure I wouldn't join it.. it's not my scene, I love the unofficial it's mad fun.. but the official are just a bunch of passionate one eyed pie supporters too, just like us
Imagine if all the cheersquads put their voices together and chanted as one (not likely) it'd be an almighty roar, give the guys a lot more confidence.
that's what i reckon anyway....but nevermind.......
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2001 9:52 am

Ok i think its about time we did unite,but the official cheer squad is aimed at recruiting magpie youngsters and i think that is good.As a member of the unofficial cheer squad i wanna point out a few things,your cheer squad needs motivation it needs to be told that it's ok to cheer when we are getting our arses kicked.I needs to be more vocal there was a time when your official cheer squad was feared cause it would as a group never surrender.At many games in the past the young ones in your cheer squad would just sit there and look at us while we are goin off our nut,they look to scared to bloody fart just in case some anti collingwood moron rings the club on a monday to complain.
Our cheersquad is vocal,we have fun we are non violent and we generally like sticking it up the opposition players and supporters,In the last 12 months we have had your members telling us how much they want to sit with us,your chants and songs are outdated as group you only cheer when your cheer leader stands up and says its ok to do so.I want to see passion in your cheersquad i want to see your cheer squad cheer until they are knackered,Its embarrassing to say cause we are not a huge group but at times we have had to stand and scream and beg for your cheer squad to cheer.We hold no hatred or grudges towards you.But i for one would like to give yous all as a group a pep talk.Its easy to cheer when we are 10 goals up, the real test of a cheer sqaud comes when its ten goals down and im sorry to say you have failed miserably.
my email is joffa@mighty-magpies.com
if you are genuine please email me.

------------------
There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2001 10:13 am

I just clicked on that link cobood
Nothing at all to do with what you were talking about!!
infact im a little dissapointed in you as i believed you sounded quite sincere.

I suggest the next time you come by to advertise for new official cheer squad members you treat us all with a little more intelligencewhat you have just done has done nothing to unite all cheer squads there a 3 cheer squads at collingwood at present,and as far as i see things they will continue,so i suggest you go and find your much needed revenue elsewhere.

------------------
There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2001 3:11 pm

hhhhhhhhahahahahahaahahahha basically coz the old chik in charge is known as the biggest bossiest powertrippin bitch outta all the official cheersquads, their chants r gay as and their clapping looks retarted, u cant swear ya head of with them let alone even move outta ya chair, when u wanna go to the race they grease u off as if u r leavin early, they r the biggest tightarses with lettin ppl do the banner, they give us greasies when we hang over the fence like they own the frikken MCG...as if ha ha they think every inch of Collingwood is theirs man ive never even seen them at training or club functions! and the rest I cant even be bothered goin on about it when its obvious but yeh sometimes they r ok to sit with like there are a few nice ppl there but yeh just not to sit with every week i think!

COLLINGWOOD: TIME TO LIVE UP TO THE NAME

[This message has been edited by Spidergirl (edited 02 February 2001).]

Spooker 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2001 7:11 pm

The spook agrees with you Joffa. the official cheersquad really needs to learn how to chant and support. so when richmond play a home game at the g go and sit next to them and listen and learn. their cheersquad is probably the best going around. but if we did join voice it would probably be ok. but that "come on the woods" and "lets go magpies lets go" sound more like primary school chants at a sports day.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2001 7:30 pm

One of the Clubs perennial problems is the divisions that exist in all areas, from the Board down. Divisions will always exist, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't make the most of every opportunity to break them down.

The notice on the official site reads:
quote:

Do You Want to Join the Cheersquad?

WELL now's your chance!

With the players back and training and the footy season fast approaching, it is time once again to prepare the Collingwood Cheersquad for what promises to be a fantastic year.

The club is holding a special meeting at 6.30pm on Thursday February 8, 2001, to discuss cheersquad activities for the season and how we, as a team, can make it the best in the AFL.

We will conclude the meeting with a free sausage sizzle.

All are welcome.

Date: Thursday the 8th of February
Time: The meeting will begin at 6.30p.m
Venue: 2nd floor of the Collingwood Football Club, Lulie Street Abbotsford.
RSVP: Please register your attendance with Nicki Malady on 9473 4262.

I don't see much that's misleading or confronting in that.

What I see is an opportunity for Pies fans (yes we are all pies fans - don't forget it) to get together and attempt to make something work. If that doesn't happen, for whatever reason, at least the effort has been made.

New season, lots of new players in a young team, relatively new Board, administration and coach. 2001 should see a reborn Collingwood. Lets not start it off with the old shit.

Joffa, Spidergirl - you are born leaders. It's people like you who are given a unique opportunity to influence and change. Please don't throw that opportunity away without at least making the effort. If you can't do that yourself, please don't discourage those that listen and are influenced by you. I really admire and envy your ability to convey passion with almost everything you say - it's very powerful and I would love to see it used to unite and motivate as many cheer squad members as is absolutely possible.

I know I'm talking from a long way away, and don't have your 'hands-on' experience with the cheer squads, but distance sometimes gives a perspective that's lost when you're too close.

What I suppose I'm saying is: please don't let the politics get in the way before you even know what can be achieved.
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2001 4:36 am

Mike your comments do make a lot of sense maybe i was a bit off track with my accusation that paula was simply canvassing for more cheersquad members(and to be honest there is nothing wrong with that) and before reading your post mike i had allready emailed paula to apologise.So on this public forum i want to apologise to you paula and please respond to the email i have sent you.But i wont be moved on my negatives towards the official cheer squad of recent years and i know paula would agree to some of those points.
I basically told paula in my email to her that of recent times we have felt that on many ocassions we have been snubbed.And i told her the obvious that we are all collingwood and if we cant sit together we should still be able to help one another out.
The official collingwood cheer squad should be the loudest and biggest in this country by a mile.I say lets become innovative
lets do things that no other cheer squad does,lets have people say 'gee they are fantastic'so i say in closing once again to paula i am sorry,lets get together and figure things out,lets help one another,let us all sing that greatest song on the earth together'GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD FOR EVER'

------------------

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2001 12:03 pm

spot on spidey! those chants are really gay, they are also inappropriately timed. that guy who always starts the chants looks like a complete idiot because he starts the chants DURING play, when everyone is caught up in the match and he is like an annoying mozzie and everyone is thinking 'will you shutup, we're trying to watch the game'. this is why i dont sit with them, also because there is some dumb bitch that is in it threatening to kill me, amie apologised for her but thats not the point. yeah speaking of amie shes about the only civil one in it who doesnt think shes all that, unlike the rest. anyway i will continue to sit with my mates and the yobbos in the ponsford stand (seeing as you actually know BEFORE the game that that stand wont be reserved unlike everywhere else).
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2001 12:56 pm

I know CQ that retard dude who all he ever says is lets go Magpies lets go hahhahahaah! Ah well they try and lets not forget they do put in a lot of effort with the banner as protective as they r of letting ppl help with it.

Still i think the main problem is that Cheersquad is living in the past, very outdated!!! Most are. Melbourne has the best official one they r all young and welcome everybody to do the banner and they let u go in the rooms they r the best.

Somehow i dont think i would be able to join any official cheersquads anyway because every game we have a war with the cheersquads now hows it gonna look if im in the Dees one say then the next week Pies full on brawl with them!

Ah and CQ next match point out this bitch giving u trouble i will "have a little word to her"

[This message has been edited by Spidergirl (edited 03 February 2001).]

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2001 8:20 pm

Joffa your apology is accepted.....no hard feelings........
Thanks for the email now lets see if we can achieve something that we all can be proud of..........
Mags Spidergirl and CQ I would like to let u know that the Cheer leader this year has taken a hike so we wont have to sit there and listen to (cringe) Lets go Magpies lets go......now wont that be something to write home about.
Thanks to all who have responded to this thread

Paula.

GO PIES......GO BUCKS
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2001 5:27 am

ok paula email me or get back on here and lets start talking.

------------------

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2001 3:50 pm

ah kewl wheres that bitch gone to...if u don't mind me askin? (a nursing home we can only hope)

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2001 5:47 pm

yeah spidey i was gonna have that same 'chat' with her but she was too gutless to actually (try) and carry it out, isnt that unfortunate...

im glad that guy left he was a dickhead. (and spidey says 'now for the old bitch') its funny to mock her when shes spastically clapping saying 'collingwood' then the hand flys up, who doesnt mock that one?

footy costs too much these days, i dont want to pay even more money just to be in the OFFICIAL cheersquad.
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2001 5:06 am

HEY GUYS

WE ALL KNOW THAT FOR SOMETIME THAT THE CHEER SQUAD HAS NOT BEEN THE BEST AND I BELIEVE IT WILL GET BETTER,WELL IF PAULA GETS HER WAY IM SURE IT WILL.BUT I FIND IT OFFENSIVE THE WAY YOUS GUYS ARE HANGING SHIT ON CATH,OK AT TIMES SHE MIGHT HAVE BEEN A LITTLE RUDE BUT OTHER TIMES I FOUND HER TO BE QUITE NICE AND I BELIEVE SOME OF THE BLAME HAS TO GO TO COLLINGWOOD,RUNNING A CHEER SQUAD WOULD BE BLOODY HARD WORK ITS NOT A JOB FOR ONE PERSON,SHAME ON YOU COLLINGWOOD TO EXPECT ONE PERSON TO DO WHAT CATH HAD TO DO EVERY WEEK.i HOPE THE NEW RUNNINGS OF THE CHEER SQUAD WILL INVOLVE MANY PEOPLE.I SUGGEST IF YOUS WANNA BAG CATH
OK WELL DO IT VIA PRIVATE EMAILS TO ONE ANOTHER PLEASE NOT HERE ITS MAKING US ALL LOOK KINDA SILLY.

------------------

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: