Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Libs link pregnancy termination to breast cancer

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:25 am
Post subject: Libs link pregnancy termination to breast cancerReply with quote

This is the filth we are dealing with.

Eric Abetz - if he wasn't already a nasty little to turd to begin with quotes some cockamamie discredited idea from the 1950's (go figure) that allegedly linked termination of pregnancy with breast cancer

Of course like (non) intelligent design it's only a theory.

Next week the intellectual giants: Bernie Finn & Kevin Andrews will tell us that smoking being linked to cancer & heart disease is only a theory too.

First it was pissing off the savages at the IPA, now the Neanderthals are given a platform by state & federal politicians from the rabid religious right that have infected the once half decent Liberal party.

I'm pissed off because I want this to happen in the last year of the current shambles of a government not the first year.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/eric-abetz-draws-link-between-abortion-and-breast-cancer-before-world-congress-of-families-20140807

http://www.news.com.au/national/eric-abetzs-breast-cancerabortion-link-sparks-fierce-backlash/story-fncynjr2-1227017433424

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

All that stuff about abortions NOT causing breast cancer is absolute crap!

Just don't ask the AMA, they didn't read the (a) 1950's study ,so what would they know?

This is another example of the ABC''s obvious left wing bias!* Evil or Very Mad

* Wink

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:36 am

Many who post in VPT Voted for the LNP KNOWING exactly what type of people they were voting in.

I hope they're happy now.

I noticed last night the only state with growing employment is SA, the only state with the ALP in power.

*thanks tannin*

Last edited by 1061 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:47 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:11 am

http://www.theshovel.com.au/2014/08/08/link-found-between-eric-abetz-and-totally-stupidity/

Quote:
Scientists have discovered a link between Employment Minister Eric Abetz and total $$%^%%$ stupidity.

The link was first identified in the late 1950s, but was confirmed with overwhelming evidence in a comprehensive study undertaken this week.

Wed always suspected there was an association between the two. But this latest study puts the question beyond doubt, the studys lead scientist said today.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:11 am

You may want to edit that post, 1061, I think you meant EMployment rather than UNemployment.

Quote:
Queensland suffered the biggest loss of jobs in July, with unemployment in the northeastern state jumping from 6.2 per cent to 6.8 per cent. New South Wales unemployment rose from 5.7 per cent to 5.9 per cent.

Victorian unemployment lifted 0.4 percentage points to 7 per cent, Tasmania jumped from 7.3 per cent to 7.6 per cent and Western Australia's jobless rate inched higher to 5.2 per cent.

South Australia recorded the only improvement, however unemployment still remains high, falling from 7.3 per cent to 7.2 per cent.

These are the latest figures, out only yesterday: http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-economy/unemployment-jumps-to-more-than-10year-high-20140807-101a9n.html

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:29 am

Tannin wrote:
You may want to edit that post.

Reality, facts and the truth aren't relevant when dealing with some people...
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:45 am

From a tweet I read online:

BREAKING: Australia draws a link between Eric Abetz and stupidity.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:47 am

While there are certainly some dissenting scientists on the issue (largely pro-lifers trying to find a certain result), and studies out of China show a correlation between induced abortion and breast cancer, it's not something a politician should be weighing in on. There are many problems with trying to isolate singular causal links for cancer, unless there is something statistically overwhelming (smoking -> lung cancer), and even then it will be a while for the science to settle on the issue (Nazi Germany first made the link, wasn't until the 60s that it became common knowledge and was acted upon).

Additionally if there is an obvious bias on an issue like abortion, and this goes both ways, then perhaps he should avoid discussing things like this that he obviously doesn't have an understanding of. Ignorance of an issue coupled with a bias isn't going to lead to an accurate outcome except though sheer luck.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:52 am

3.14159 wrote:
Tannin wrote:
You may want to edit that post.

Reality, facts and the truth aren't relevant when dealing with some people...

I don't think you want me to start on you about "dealing with some people" do you?

Lets just enjoy this place rather than bitching and snipping like schoolgirls OK.

It's YOUR choice!
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:05 pm

stupid rant.

Last edited by 3.14159 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:48 pm; edited 19 times in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:06 pm

Abetz is merely emphasizing what a lot of women despised about the Mad Misogynist Miners Monk.

What a week for the Liberals:

1. Joe Hockey: why doesn't anyone like my Budget;
2. George Brandis: 18 c & his inability to explain metadata;
3. Christopher Pyne - another shocker in the 7.30 report - exposing their utter insightlessness to the plight of the less well off;
4. Christopher Pyne for being well Christopher Pyne;
5. Corruption par excellence in NSW ICAC hearings;
6. Prize recruit Kathy Jackson - more alleged corruption;
7. The spending of over 117,000 in legal expenses in Vic to prevent employees claiming $17,000 in relocation allowances - thank you Dennis Napthine a case the Government lost - Dennis might soon be fit enough to govern NSW.

& Now Eric the turd Abetz.

Keep it up, I'm loving it. Laughing Laughing

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:12 pm

The problem is wpt, there is talent in the liberal party. Turnbull & Bishop come to mind, and yes they get decent ministerial posts, but all the wangs seem to have the power.

Compare Howard + Costello to Abbott and Hockey, I mean it's just sad. The Liberals lost a lot of talent after the Howard years and not many of the best of them hung around.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:13 pm

I assume you mean our current problem.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:34 pm

Wokko wrote:
The problem is wpt, there is talent in the liberal party. Turnbull & Bishop come to mind

Which Bishop are you talking about? It couldn't be the one who is universally judged the worst, most biased, most unfair Speaker in the history of the Australian parliament, could it. And it couldn't be the heartless, evil scum-woman who made a living in courts denying help for dying asbestos victims and doing everything she could to hold up and delay the due compensation payments until the victims were dead and couldn't claim them anymore? The nasty bit of work who doesn't even seem to be ashamed of her appalling past? Must be some other Bishop. I didn't know that there were three of them.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:36 pm

3.14159 wrote:
I'm not sure what your getting at ^^^ but...
Speaking of idiots...

I'm almost 50 I do not now what "my generation" is in your mind but that is how old I am.
I enjoy a beer or other drink but I'm a cheap drunk so 2 or 3 and I can feel a bit tipsy so I stop. My partner of 10 years is a Meth addict, I do not condone drug use although he is clean atm he is still an addict and always will be. Only last week I read the riot act to him after he stayed out all night but said he was just down the beach thinking .... I wanna believe him but I know better.
My avatar is just that an avatar, if I put a pic of Elle McPherson up would you think I either wanna be with her or am actually her. Neither is true but I'd die for her body...

Re; Elle Mac, So would I (3.14...etc), but that's another story.

P.s I'm dealing with my problems.
If you don't want to get any higher up on my shit list
I suggest you read my signature!

I really should take Joe's advice!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: