Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Probably the best political interviewer in the land:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:10 pm
Post subject: Probably the best political interviewer in the land:Reply with quote

Sarah Ferguson has just completed a temporary role filling in for Leigh Sales on the Half past Seven report (7.30 report) Leigh Sales is on maternity leave.

They should keep her on permanently

She doesn't take bullshit from anyone & presses them no matter what side of the political fence they sit.

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/the-best-of-sarah-fergusons-730-interviews-20140806-101259.html

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

There's the problem with maternity leave. What does a company, even a government owned one, do when the temp is better than the staff member on leave?

edit: Any long term leave really, it's happened in radio a few times too when presenters have taken leave and the fans all go nuts for the new guy.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:44 pm

Wokko wrote:
There's the problem with maternity leave. What does a company, even a government owned one, do when the temp is better than the staff member on leave?

edit: Any long term leave really, it's happened in radio a few times too when presenters have taken leave and the fans all go nuts for the new guy.

It is like the staff rotation policy the public service fell for in the 90s. Everyone tried to get rid of a dud while poaching the good ones from other areas. A moving feast of treachery.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:59 pm

Wokko wrote:

Seems like a fairly natural process for mestand-in gets some experience, impresses, and then when it comes time for the old hand to move on they have a readymade replacement.

Speaking of Ferguson in general, she is an excellent interviewer. Need a few more headkickers like her to keep the bastards as honest as possible.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:23 pm

I've only seen her a few times on my rare forays to Australia. She seemed to me unnecessarily aggressive and chippy rather than forensic, as I think the best political interviewers are. Pass.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: