Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Never seen a government lose its base so fast

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
So, Sussan Ley is now in cabinet.

Just another silver spooner obviously.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/sussan-ley-from-punk-rocker-to-health-minister-20141222-12c643.html

Credit where credit is due, we'll see how Ley lies but one decision out of 100 does not make a good strike rate - I wouldn't be putting money on it (yet) Wink Razz

Mind you if the overall policy is f*cked the saleswoman ain't gunna fix it.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:11 am

Morrisons calculated cruelty is his legacy:

All things considered, the immigration portfolio will improve by losing Morrison, who has shown himself to be a hypocrite, willing to harm innocent people for political purposes.

It will be interesting to see how much damage he can do to pensioners.

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/scott-morrisons-calculated-cruelty-is-his-legacy-20141222-12c05g.html

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:15 am

Oh a web page.
partypie 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:17 am

watt price tully wrote:

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/scott-morrisons-calculated-cruelty-is-his-legacy-20141222-12c05g.html

Tony Abbott has labelled Morrison's new portfolio as "a ministry for economic participation". I find this amusing.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:27 am

partypie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Tony Abbott has labelled Morrison's new portfolio as "a ministry for economic participation". I find this amusing.

Amusing indeed! Perhaps the entire nation is invited to participate in a decline in real wages and a black ban on the media reporting of bad economic newsin the interests of national security!

partypie 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:07 am

pietillidie wrote:
partypie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Amusing indeed! Perhaps the entire nation is invited to participate in a decline in real wages and a black ban on the media reporting of bad economic newsin the interests of national security!

There will be original poliie speak such as "work makes you free" eminating from the nation's capital
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:11 am

Thanks for telling me your opinion.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:25 pm

watt price tully wrote:

Don't get the fact of Walkley awards get in the way of not reading her Joel. Wink

A brave journalist Joel - She's got balls mate.

The amount of time I've seen her repeat incorrect information in numerous articles on my industry would make me rich if I was given a dollar each time.

She may have "balls", but my problem is when she goes gung-ho at something which she clearly has limited knowledge about. She'll probably win an award for these same articles too.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:39 pm

If you didn't laugh at the unparalleled insult of the Effing Moron making himself Minister for Women, and then announcing his 1950s "achievement" of helping women balance the family budget by repealing the carbon tax, you'd have to smash your head against the glass ceiling until it bled:

http://www.dailylife.com.au/news-and-views/dl-culture/the-best-reactions-to-tony-abbotts-top-achievement-as-minister-for-women-20141223-12cmxm.html

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:15 pm

Dailylife feminists using twitter posts as news *yawn* #thanksfairfax
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:41 pm

You miss the point, Wokko. Those Twitter posts are not just very funny (in a sad way) but they also show what people in the real world think of that 1950s creep Abbott.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:55 pm

I'd hesitate to label the left wing twitterati as either the real world or people. They're also not really what I'd call funny either.

One thing about Abbott is he's certainly not quick on his feet. When he gets blindsided, he's not like a Keating or Kennett who would have some glib response on the tip of their tongue, he's a slow, deliberate kind of fellow.

This leads to great fodder for journalists, but if there's one thing I hate about politics in this country it's the constant quest for 'gotcha' moments and the inevitable crowing when one arrives. This is one of those moments, and all it does is make me even more cynical about political discourse.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:14 pm

You'd be right .... if this was an isolated incident. But it isn't. It's a consistent, repetitive pattern which, coming as it does over and over and over again, demonstrates beyond doubt that this really is the way this man still thinks. Of course people laugh at him gaffes, you have to laugh 'coz otherwise you'd cry to to think that this nation is led by man who is (a) so hopelessly behind the times and (b) so unintelligent as not to be able to cover it up despite (presumably) having been told by his media minders how much of an electoral disaster it is. He tries to cover it, he goes out of his way to mislead and pretend that he gets it, but he just hasn't got what it takes to keep the effort up day in and day out.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:26 pm

Museman wrote:
Wokko wrote:
, he's a slow, ----------- kind of fellow.

All fixed.

lol, pay that.

I actually think Tone would make a decent wartime leader. He seems to perk up when shit's going down. I think the day to day minutiae of government and a 24 hour media cycle just isn't his cup of tea.

Was a pretty fine parliamentary attack dog too, I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more enthusiasm for actual government though.
Museman 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:57 am

Wokko wrote:
Museman wrote:
Wokko wrote:
, he's a slow, ----------- kind of fellow.

All fixed.

lol, pay that.

I actually think Tone would make a decent wartime leader. He seems to perk up when shit's going down. I think the day to day minutiae of government and a 24 hour media cycle just isn't his cup of tea.

Was a pretty fine parliamentary attack dog too, I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more enthusiasm for actual government though.

On the front line....I would agree.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 14 of 20   

Jump to: