Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Future Still Looks Bright

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:49 pm
Post subject: Future Still Looks BrightReply with quote

Drafting by getting 1st Rounders last 2 seasons have Brought these Good Young Prospects:

Grundy - Has shown he has the Goods but still a very young ruckman

Kennedy - Has really come on late and showing his potential as a Possible Match Winner

Broomhead - Has really shown in the AFL that he could be 1 of out Better Skilled Players

Scharnaberg - Has finally come back from Injury and looks very Poised and Makes Right Descions

Freeman - Is a Burst Clearnce player we need

Langdon - Been a Big Surprise of being a Defender and really has hold his own most of the Season

Marsh - Has improved all season

Then you also add Adams who has shown he can be a Gun Inside Grunt Midfielder.

Then Adding Darcy Moore in this years draft.

You see that we do have some good young Talent coming Thru

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the playing list that is the concern at our club.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it does look a bright future Dave, but we need to take off the rose coloured glasses. We need to move a few players along.
Mooney, Clarke, Hudson, Yagmoor & Lynch are obvious candidates. We get nothing for them except that they free up the list.

We need to move along some of our players that may be attractive to other clubs. We have too many small, slowish types that do OK but are not the players to take us higher up the ladder. Kyle Martin, Sam Dwyer & Josh Thomas should be looked at. None of these blokes, although highly rated by many in Nick's, have been able to cement positions after being given plenty of opportunities. My opinion is that none of them are really good enough. Perhaps we can get something for them.

Now to the player who has plenty of talent and will interest plenty of other clubs who have a gap to fill: Alex Fasolo. I'd like to be proven wrong on this bloke, but although blessed with elite skills, he has failed to cement a position at either end of the ground, fails to have impact in big games and displays consistently inept decision making. Give something to get something is the jargon and I reckon we offer up Alex.

Then there's the conditioning crew; this department needs to be restructured. Yes we have had knee recos and there's nothing anyone can do about those, but the last two years have seen Beams, Reid and Freeman miss virtually full seasons with what appeared to be 4-5 week injuries. Either they can't correctly diagnose or they are not good enough. This department at Collingwood has failed miserably. Clean out needed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: