Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 18 - Collingwood vs Essendon at Victoria Park

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Called in today to take a look. Went and met the man himself Magpie Bat (genuflect) and said G'Day.

Genuinely nice to meet you squire, and Alfred as well. Wink

I don't seem to watch the game in a way that I can give votes or reel off who played well or not.

Anyway, some comments.

Best game I've seen Grundy play for a while. Aggression was harnessed, he was using his brain and also using his agility. Very nice one two handpass for a running goal in the 3rd.

My boy Gault looked good. Dropped a few marks he should have taken but got in the right spot and got hands on the ball. When he had a chance, he can kick long and straight and is quite quick and agile. I was particularly impressed with the improvement in his ruck work. He's never going to be a No.1 Ruck but more (IMO) a westhoff type who can take a turn but is better used as a mobile tall.

PK for mine just didn't do enough. I really hope we give him a full on pre season, get some fitness in him and make him learn to run with repeat efforts 2 ways, not just when the ball is in his area.

Darcy Moore. The chosen one. The second coming. (insert other over the top descriptions)
This kid is a keeper. I was impressed. Played down back when he was on and exudes class and leadership. Runs just like his old man, hunched forward with the top half of the trunk and long strides, deceptively tall (doesn't look that tall until you get a sighter of him right next to someone else tall and he stands up straight) nice leap and a team player.

If you can get a hint of someone's attitude from watching them play one game, I like what I saw. Confident without being cocky, happy to make the sacrifice play for the team, hard at the ball and man without being an enforcer type. Think Gavin Brown rather than Milane.
I like.

exciting times, looked the goods and got his first Gatorade shower, just gotta get Faz to stop prank calling his house now

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:01 pm

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:24 am

Terrific game of football and I really enjoyed watching it from home.

Fantastic performance by Grundy and it's the best I've seen him play all year in both the AFL and VFL so very pleasing to see him dominate this game. About time he had a breakthrough game this year.

I loved seeing Scharenberg and Moore play and while the boys have a long way to go in their development I really like what I see. Moore isn't afraid to in hard at the contest and Scharenberg shows so much poise and class. I really can't wait to see these two play in the future.

Good performances by Ball, Thomas, Mooney and Sinclair and very pleasing to see the big Q Stick have a solid game as well.

The only sour note of the day I observed was Jonathan Marsh's injury. Very sad to see him get injured like that considering he'd been playing good football lately in the reserves.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12   

Jump to: