Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I can't hear you!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2000 6:56 am
Post subject: I can't hear you!!Reply with quote

Sorry guys but what has happened to the Cheer Squad?

I can see the floggers but cannot hear a thing! It doesn't cost anything to cheer, no fees are required, no meetings are necessary! I'm not a member of the squad so I know you are all going to go "Don't complain if you aren't going to fix it", but I am only making a comment that the Collingwood squad can hardly be called a cheer squad if there is no cheering going on.

I can faintly remember when the whole Sherrin stand used to be cheering "Collingwood" and now there is nothing and it was so enjoyable to go to a game and know that it was going to seem as if the club had some presence in the crowd.

*drops 2c*

------------------
--
Good old Collingwood forever! Smile
Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2000 8:30 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I agree with ya. I sometimes sit next to the cheer squad and u can bearly hear them. Also where abouts in the Sherrin stand did u used to sit on?

Nick Davis kicks ASS!!!!
MAGPIE MANIAC 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 1:07 pm

YOU CALL IT A CHEER SQUAD!!! WE CAN'T HEAR THE CHEER SQUAD SING - LET'S GO MAGPIES - LETS GO! THEY MAY AS WELL GO ALRIGHT - OUT THE BLOODY GATE BECAUSE WE CAN'T HEAR A *#@^ THING. UNFORTUNATELY I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM HEARING OTHER TEAMS CHEER SQUADS SO HOW ARE WE GONNA' GET OUR ONE BACK UP TO ONE WHICH WE CAN BE PROUD OF!!! C"MON GUYS WE REALLY DO WANT TO HEAR YOU AND I BET THE PLAYERS DO TO!!!
Dillo 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2000 5:37 pm

hey guys,

I hear what you are saying but give them a break - membership has been steadily declining in line with the teams performance over recent times, and I dont care what you say, collingwood supporters can be just as fickle as any other teams supporters and they drop off when we are not going well - just look at this years memberships figures compaired to last year.

And I will say it - dont criticise them unless you are prepared to get in and help - I bet there are a hell of a lot of people in the cheer squad spending more time than yourselves, during the week and on match days doing things for the club and the players.

Why not get involved and support the cheer squad? Enthusiasm is contageous and I am sure a few extra hands and voices would make all the difference. Put your money where your mouth is!!!!

If your not prepared to support them dont give them a hard time!!!

Cheers

Dillo

Go Pies 2001

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2000 11:40 am

Good call Dilllo.
JBJ 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2000 12:59 pm

Good on you Dillo, the Cheer Squad does a great job, but they definitely need younger, LOUDER, voices and some original chant ideas.....I cringe every time they chant "let's go Magpies, let's go".....if all the knockers out there joined the Cheer Squad all the hard work that's usually done by the same few could be shared around more AND we'd be the loudest Cheer Squad in the league.....

Come on guys ring the Club (or get in touch with Kath) and join up for next year....
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2000 6:52 pm

The trouble with the Collingwood Official Cheer Squad (and most of the other Official Cheer Squads, for that matter) is that they are over-regulated. It's a kind of sweet-heart deal with the AFL. Behave yourself and don't rock the boat and you'll get an allocation of finals tickets if your team makes the finals. That's basically why they don't chant. Because all the good chants have been banned.

The Cheer Squads have had the soul ripped out of them ever since they formed the Cheer Squads' League.

In the 1960s and early 1970s the Cheer Squads were the cutting edge of football fan culture. And the Collingwood Cheer Squad was the best. Now there is no football fan culture. It's all consumerism now. And the Collingwood Official Cheer Squad is just a tool of Collingwood Inc.

Sure, they work hard. But most of their efforts go into banner-making. That's something I really can't understand. They'll spend all day Thursday and Friday making a banner. And then, after the players have run through the banner (in 3.75 seconds)they all go back to their seats and you don't hear a peep out of them for the rest of the day.

I just don't get it. They're supposed to be a "cheer" squad, but all they're interested in is making the banner.

I used to be a member of the Official Cheer Squad but I got sick of being made to feel like some sort of freak because I was the only person barracking. I'm sure if I'd stayed in the Cheer Squad it would have only been a matter of time before I would have been banned. I often felt I was skating on very thin ice.

So, if you're looking for a nice quiet life in the service of Collingwood Inc., then join the Cheer Squad.

But if you're looking for an over-the-top ballistic experience of good old-fashioned feral barracking then you'd be better off seeking out Joffa and Co.

I think it's fair to say they're not hard to find. Check them out before they're banned.

------------------
**floreat pica**

Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 6:23 am

From what you say Alf, it’s a no-brainer to follow Joffa and his gang. Perhaps a bit more debate to ascertain the truth of this strategy and then figure out how best to implement it.

What inspired me to contribute was the comment you made about the passion and energy from those earlier days. The G used to shake, the old stands at VP used to rattle and roll.

I don't agree that there is no current footy culture, it's just changed that's all. Perhaps we can selectively incorporate some of the good traditions which have been left behind but don't have to be.

eMmA 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 4:40 pm

Hey,hey,hey

That no-brainer happens to be my DAD!!!!!LOL

LATERZ

SAV IS SEXY-->36 UNTIL FOREVER-->ROCCA BROS ROCK MY WORLD!!!!!!

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2000 7:35 pm

The problem today is the society we live in now is soft and piss weak.And it is true to say that football crowds are soft and piss weak well a majority anyway.Ever since we became a nation of dobbers and it is your right to dob attitude,Men became sissies the people who govern us are not men,The people who run football are not men they are all middle to upper class bastards.
Thank goodness there are still a lot of us whom were bought up in the old backyard meaning that you dont dob,you dont get offended easily and if u have a problem with someone you dont go running to the coppers who i am afraid to say also are governed by sissies.There is a hidden agenda in football today and that simply is sit down shut up and dont offend.We as a group dont bring attention to ourselves its the continual presence of the police that bring us attention and why cause some over zealous hypocrite thinks it is his or her right to dob because they dont feel comfortable.I apreciate the fact that there are many types of supporters but isnt it trivial to pick on a group of supporters that are loud and passionate must we all become society puppets.I believe there is room for all and to those sissies that are offended by us GET A LIFE FOR GODS SAKE.

Broadie 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2000 2:19 am

Maybe the new stand is so they can fit him in.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2000 6:47 am

haha. good one, hey mavro where u been lately??
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2000 12:54 pm

yeah like dumb sluts who dress up like theyre going to metro and they are going to the footy, it is ridiculous!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: