Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

All the Sidey baggers here....get off his back

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

yin-YANG wrote:
And your comment is so thoughtful Tannin...

I'm a very nice bloke. Ask anyone.

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:26 pm

Hahahah, come on u losers I'll have ya
Suck it pies won. Suckers
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:56 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Elite runner
not an elite kick
Věry good game tonight
but needs to get to beams standard
to become an A grader
He is certainly capable

Sidebottom is one of our best kicks. He's a better field kick than Beams and is able to do it off both sides.

And his dinky kicks? They're often quite and effective option when under pressure, better than blindly bombing the ball. The other times they are used effectively is when Steele chips a kick and then runs on to receive again.

Steele's consistently been in our top 5 players this season and will be a chance to again finish top 3 in the Copeland. I'm not sure you can ask a whole lot more.

uncanny 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:36 pm

always presenting and bobbing up to kick crunch goals
it happened again tonight Steele
keep doing what you do

Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:45 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
THE "perceptive fellow" wont respond, they are too busy moping around now, as is their want after a gutsy win under Bucks. !

Agree old stager, all the "perceptive fellow" who have no idea about Sidey's value to our side should join you in the nursing home Wink
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:48 pm

He is an A grader.

An A minus is still an A

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:00 am

No way he's A grade. He is a potential A-grader, no question, but he has a fair way to go before he can lay claim to equal standing with the genuine A-grade stars of the game. At his best, he plays well enough to be ranked alongside the Pendleburys of this world, but a genuine A-grader plays like that every week, not just every now and then. Right now, Sidebottom is a B-grader with A-grade talent He still has to convert. You can't award a player with a status just because you think he might be good when he hits his straps. He has to prove it with consistent performances, week in and week out.

I reckon he's pretty close to being able to do that, but he certainly hasn't done it yet. 2015 might be his year, he's nearly ready to break through. He has the talent, he has the fitness, he has the work rate, he has the skills. All he needs to do now is eliminate the last few weaknesses from his game - slow, counter-productive disposal with short helicopter kicks is the biggest one - and he will rightfully take his place alongside players like Swan, Pendlebury, and Beams. Right now, he's on the next rung below those three - which makes him unquestionably a good B grade player looking to step up.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:25 am

Tannin wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
I've been a knocker of sidey not for his ability but more with his consistency this season. Today he played much better and his football sense to get to the back of the pack and kick the vital goal shows what he is capable of. My only wish is he would kick the dang thing long at times instead of looking backwards (he is not the only guilty party) just with his skill he could be so much more damaging for mine.

^ This. He was excellent today, the ABC callers (usually very good judges) said he was clearly BOG. Many of the complaints about Sidey only happen because we see the immense talent he has and then we see the number of ordinary games he puts in. If a Goldsack or a Blair or even a Macaffer played to Sidebottom's typical standard, we would all applaud and say "well done son". But we expect more from the Man of Steele. We expect him to be a genuine A Grader and play like one. We expect Sidey to play somewhere around about the level of a Pendlebury, a fit Swan, or a Beams. This week, he did just that. We don't expect BOG every week - no player can do that, not even GAblett - but we want to see him performing like the A Grade player he can be and should be. And this week he did just that.

This is what I was coming to post.

Well said Tannin.
DT 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:25 am

Sidey may well be leading our b&f. Has had a great season and plays with great heart, effort and skill. Even better he is a real onfield "leader" much as that term is overused. He is a bit of a Kevin Bartlett in his ability to crumb off the pack. How often is he in the back 50, then links up or is seen on a wing in the same passage of play then up in the forward line. If we can just get him more support so he isn't a gap filler watch out. He could then be deployed as more of a forward weapon.

Beams played a top game yesterday too. Yes, Beams is a better kick at goal but Sidey is a better one on one player. What was really pleasing about Beams yesterday was that his defensive game was excellent. He tackled well and contributed in one percenters. I think if there is a knock on Beams for my perspective it is that his defence is quite often not so good.

The good thing with Beams and Sidey is that they are different players so they play different roles. It was great drafting to get two gun players in the same draft. Remember that Sidey is a year younger than Beams.

To summarise Sidey is having a very consistent year. We win against the Dogs is he had played.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:14 am

Brenny wrote:
Tannin wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
I've been a knocker of sidey not for his ability but more with his consistency this season. Today he played much better and his football sense to get to the back of the pack and kick the vital goal shows what he is capable of. My only wish is he would kick the dang thing long at times instead of looking backwards (he is not the only guilty party) just with his skill he could be so much more damaging for mine.

^ This. He was excellent today, the ABC callers (usually very good judges) said he was clearly BOG. Many of the complaints about Sidey only happen because we see the immense talent he has and then we see the number of ordinary games he puts in. If a Goldsack or a Blair or even a Macaffer played to Sidebottom's typical standard, we would all applaud and say "well done son". But we expect more from the Man of Steele. We expect him to be a genuine A Grader and play like one. We expect Sidey to play somewhere around about the level of a Pendlebury, a fit Swan, or a Beams. This week, he did just that. We don't expect BOG every week - no player can do that, not even GAblett - but we want to see him performing like the A Grade player he can be and should be. And this week he did just that.

This is what I was coming to post.

Well said Tannin.

Yep good to see all that talent on show instead of just patches of it. He's standing up, taking some leadership. As is Harry. 2 players who have copped more than their share of crap, with so many out, they are both showing the kids, leading by example. Even when Steele stuffed one up, he came right back and fixed it.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:21 am

Only knock I've ever had on him is his consistency in performance and disposal. Both have been better this season. Definitely an A grader and in the top 5 players at the club as will be borne out Copeland night.

PS: StKilda game suspension only real negative on his 2014 season.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:41 am

WHEN hes hot, hes really hot, when hes not, well hes not. But, I love him all the same !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:45 am

Tannin wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Clearly BOG? Lol, Beamer says hi.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:57 am

Defender wrote:
Tannin wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Clearly BOG? Lol, Beamer says hi.

Beams for me as well.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:43 pm

not me, I expect more from Beams, hes average for him right now
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: