Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Has the fox got your tongue Ed?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^How does lack of FTA affect Collingwood's finances?
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:22 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:

Sponsorship.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:29 pm

Defender wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Sponsorship.

Ah of course. Maybe that's why we need Maxwell to go around in a Holden Very Happy.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:33 pm

John Wren wrote:
Brenny wrote:
Considering our crowd numbers are only down by approx 5k per game... it's not a complete huge disaster.

it'd be interesting to see what the attendances are for collingwood members and supporters. this would give us a better indication as to whether our supporters are dropping off or other teams' supporters are simply not going.

Well I'm not going, again. Haven't been to a game since probably Hawthorn. Sunday late arvo games suck and I'm not going.

i've been to less games this year than any of the last 5-6. I've had pay TV for the best part of 20 years so no problems for me staying home at watching it, I'd spend as much on booze at a game as almost a months foxtel payment anyway so I might as well stay home and save money.

Redlight 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:49 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Defender wrote:
Redlight wrote:
I suspect that the FTA broadcaster would get first say about which games they broadcast. Odds are that if they weren't on Foxtel that they wouldn't be on at all.

Rubbish, this is how it works, C7 can only show games in certain timeslots (Friday night-Saturday arvo/night-Sunday), the AFL fixture us to play 4.30 on a Sunday meaning C7 can't show the game, why do you think we've suddenly started getting that slot? It's all about giving Foxtel a leg up.

A big part of the last rights deal was Foxtel getting more "blue chip" games. That's the reason why Collingwood is being shown more on Foxtel, not because FTA doesn't want them or no one wants to watch. Seriously, in what world does that even make sense?

I see what you're saying but Channel 7 didn't actually broadcast every single game live before Foxtel came along.

Collingwood isn't the only 'blue chip' club so I doubt that Foxtel insisted that it had to be the Pies in a particular spot, that would be the AFL's doing.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:51 pm

stui magpie wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Brenny wrote:
Considering our crowd numbers are only down by approx 5k per game... it's not a complete huge disaster.

it'd be interesting to see what the attendances are for collingwood members and supporters. this would give us a better indication as to whether our supporters are dropping off or other teams' supporters are simply not going.

Well I'm not going, again. Haven't been to a game since probably Hawthorn. Sunday late arvo games suck and I'm not going.

i've been to less games this year than any of the last 5-6. I've had pay TV for the best part of 20 years so no problems for me staying home at watching it, I'd spend as much on booze at a game as almost a months foxtel payment anyway so I might as well stay home and save money.

It is pretty sad to see committed Pies supporters like yourself not going to games due to the greed of the AFL and the chasing of TV rights money at the inconvenience of the true supporters.

It's a bloody disgrace. They should hang Dimmy from the Ponsford End goal posts and stick a camera up his wharzoo so we can get a good replay from 30 angles.

Really pizzed me off
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:20 am
Post subject: HeyReply with quote

How dare you bag the great Ed. He is the fans President. Under Ed we have gained so much. Vastly better than the overcrowded games at Victoria Park. At least you can get a seat now lol
SuperStar Beams Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:47 am

The all over the place fixturing of our season is the reason why we have more foxtel games, saturday and sunday twilight arent shown on FTA and neither is Sunday Night apart from when we played Essendon. Ed wouldnt have much to say about getting us games on FTA cause the leagues £$%$ed us up with the fixture
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:20 am

No Foxtel is a major reason for our all over the place fixturing.

We would play more Sunday twilight games for example because of a Foxtel request to the AFL.

Ed is an employee of Foxtel and has been conspicuously silent on the matter.

He's got a conflict of interest when it comes to our fixturing IMO if as our President he's not prepared to take a swipe at the number of and placement of all our games to be shown on Foxtel this season.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:32 am

Redlight wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Defender wrote:
Redlight wrote:
I suspect that the FTA broadcaster would get first say about which games they broadcast. Odds are that if they weren't on Foxtel that they wouldn't be on at all.

Rubbish, this is how it works, C7 can only show games in certain timeslots (Friday night-Saturday arvo/night-Sunday), the AFL fixture us to play 4.30 on a Sunday meaning C7 can't show the game, why do you think we've suddenly started getting that slot? It's all about giving Foxtel a leg up.

A big part of the last rights deal was Foxtel getting more "blue chip" games. That's the reason why Collingwood is being shown more on Foxtel, not because FTA doesn't want them or no one wants to watch. Seriously, in what world does that even make sense?

I see what you're saying but Channel 7 didn't actually broadcast every single game live before Foxtel came along.

Collingwood isn't the only 'blue chip' club so I doubt that Foxtel insisted that it had to be the Pies in a particular spot, that would be the AFL's doing.

Crap, Foxtel (IMO) we're given assurances they would receive a certain amount of exclusive Collingwood games, remember Victoria had a low PTV subscription rate prior to the latest broadcast deal compared to NSW-QLD, Foxtel knew it was going to get minimal subscriptions in SA-WA due to their home teams being live on FTA week in-week out, fact is we got £$%$ed, big time.

Quote:
A FRIDAY night Collingwood-Hawthorn blockbuster looms as the likely opener to the final round of the home and away season.

Club bosses and the MCG are yet to be informed, but its understood final discussions are underway between the broadcasters Channel 7, Foxtel and the AFL as to the make up of round 23.

A Pies-Hawks showdown is most likely for a number of reasons, including giving teams higher on the ladder a longer break heading into the finals.

Collingwood has five weeks straight of games on pay television, meaning Channel 7 is expected to be keen to get the AFL's biggest club back on its screens before the home and away season is out.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-18/round-23-taking-shape

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:14 pm
Post subject: Re: HeyReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
How dare you bag the great Ed. He is the fans President. Under Ed we have gained so much. Vastly better than the overcrowded games at Victoria Park. At least you can get a seat now lol

Nice one Ed.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:15 pm

I am sure I can.
Adz 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:31 pm

Hope we get more Foxtel games next year.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:10 pm

Yeah,don't worry about the 75% of us who don't have Foxtel^
Redlight 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:30 pm

Defender wrote:
Redlight wrote:

Crap, Foxtel (IMO) we're given assurances they would receive a certain amount of exclusive Collingwood games, remember Victoria had a low PTV subscription rate prior to the latest broadcast deal compared to NSW-QLD, Foxtel knew it was going to get minimal subscriptions in SA-WA due to their home teams being live on FTA week in-week out, fact is we got £$%$ed, big time.

Quote:
A FRIDAY night Collingwood-Hawthorn blockbuster looms as the likely opener to the final round of the home and away season.

Club bosses and the MCG are yet to be informed, but its understood final discussions are underway between the broadcasters Channel 7, Foxtel and the AFL as to the make up of round 23.

A Pies-Hawks showdown is most likely for a number of reasons, including giving teams higher on the ladder a longer break heading into the finals.

Collingwood has five weeks straight of games on pay television, meaning Channel 7 is expected to be keen to get the AFL's biggest club back on its screens before the home and away season is out.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-18/round-23-taking-shape

Thanks for the link but how does that quote support anything about the conspiracy you're claiming? The scheduling is negotiated between Channel 7, Foxtel and the AFL. That's not news, we all knew that.

Are you suggesting that Foxtel said 'We're having all these exclusive Pies games' and Channel 7 and the AFL just cowered and nodded meekly?

I mean, really?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: