Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Has the fox got your tongue Ed?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Defender wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Big T wrote:
Soulless sell out club. Buggers me how any of u r surprised.

That's not a fair comment. Collingwood doesn't determine how many of its games are on Foxtel, the A.F.L determines that.

It's a double whammy for us, we get less exposure due to this new broadcast deal, and our crowds are being affected from being scheduled to play in graveyard slots, yet not a whimper from Edd, it makes me wonder, we're obviously getting something out of it.

Maybe we should a clear definition on who "we're" is?
serendipity 

The Road to Glory.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:05 am

Hmmm...wonder which is worse...Brucie on FTA....Wallsy on AW.....Pies on Foxtel.....or Sunday night games....or maybe ALL four???
Warbler 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:23 am

Foxtel won't force me into one of their overpriced packages .

It's much cheaper for me to wander down to the RSL & watch - the 1/2 dozen schooners I drink don't come anywhere near what Foxtel want & the I get the courtesy bus home .

Don't get me wrong , I still think the AFL has shafted us - or should that be the Foxtel tail that wags the AFL dog has shafted us on FTA .

But I refuse to let Foxtel benefit .

GO PIES
Brenny 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:29 am

Personally, I don't really blame Ed for this.

I remember, and I've posted this before, the AFL have said they purposefully put all these games on Fox as Collingwood generally have a big supporter base who go to the games week in, week out and will watch no matter what. The AFL have also said they need to give some smaller teams they want to try and make financially viable more FTA and better time slots... at our expense.

It's garbage and Ed did crack the shits over it last October when it was released; as did Pert.

It's not a TV rights deal thing, otherwise ch9 would have had all Collingwood games live, it's the AFL trying to help other teams at our expense. It's a form of equalisation.

As a single bloke I have Foxtel, but I go to the games mostly. I find the money I pay for fox a month is a 'cheap' form of entertainment rather than going to movies or something like that.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:38 am

Brenny wrote:

I remember, and I've posted this before, the AFL have said they purposefully put all these games on Fox as Collingwood generally have a big supporter base who go to the games week in, week out and will watch no matter what. The AFL have also said they need to give some smaller teams they want to try and make financially viable more FTA and better time slots... at our expense.

It's garbage and Ed did crack the shits over it last October when it was released; as did Pert.

It's not a TV rights deal thing, otherwise ch9 would have had all Collingwood games live, it's the AFL trying to help other teams at our expense. It's a form of equalisation.

As a single bloke I have Foxtel, but I go to the games mostly. I find the money I pay for fox a month is a 'cheap' form of entertainment rather than going to movies or something like that.

Agree on all except Foxtel, can better use my $$$s.
Holbrook Bloke Aries

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:38 pm

Brenny wrote:

All of the above.
We're experiencing what other lower profile clubs have put up with for years. The only difference is the crowd they get in more family friendly timeslots isn't that much bigger whereas ours has dropped considerably. I expect us to receive more friendly timeslots next year because the AFL like to crow about their crowd numbers which have clearly been hurt by absurd fixturing.

Camelia Grove Hotel - The best AFL pub in Sydney all season, not just the finals.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:11 pm

Not sure this is anything Collingwood has any control over. The AFL controls the fixture and this is what has screwed Collingwood this year. We have been scheduled in every possible experimental time-slot and the supporters have spoken.

The AFL announced this week that all late Sunday time slots are off the table. I hope Collingwood lists a series of requests for the 2015 draw and asks for some decent compensation considering the shafting we received this year.

It's typical of the AFL's attitude to Collingwood; use us as guinea pigs anytime that want to experiment, screw us with the draw, take our hard earned money to prop up the clubs that can't run a chook raffle and take every possible opportunity to rub our noses in it a la the Team of The Century.

I've mentioned this a few times, but I am unable to get Foxtel in my block; they want each landlord to fork out $600 and none will. No wonder the overseas illegal streams are so popular and thank goodness for them.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:21 pm

Sadly I am not sure there is anything Ed could have done, the AFL clearly wanted to try and improve their ratings in the more unpopular start times. The AFL had said as much that they were looking at improving Sunday Twilight games.

I do not think anyone at Collingwood were particularly pleased with the AFL fixture, and the AFL suggests they're going to change that next season but it seemed any public outcry will and has gone unnoticed many times before.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:31 pm

Probably made a bit of noise and stepped on a few toes but he has chosen as Collingwood President, Foxsports Presenter and Media Contractor to Foxtel to say ZIP!
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:34 pm

Hopefully next time they have a meeting he and Pert send some unpleasant emails to the AFL HQ about this shitty fixture this season.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:35 pm

Considering our crowd numbers are only down by approx 5k per game... it's not a complete huge disaster.
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:39 pm

My only real issue is I am not a fan of Sunday Twilight games, otherwise I've no massive issues.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:40 pm

^ I agree. The next few weeks will be interesting to see where our average ends up.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:53 pm

Brenny wrote:
Considering our crowd numbers are only down by approx 5k per game... it's not a complete huge disaster.

it'd be interesting to see what the attendances are for collingwood members and supporters. this would give us a better indication as to whether our supporters are dropping off or other teams' supporters are simply not going.

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:45 pm

I got an email for Eddie a week ago who swore that next year's fixture for us 'would look more like the 1990 one'. He said he had gone really hard on this issue a while back with the AFL: all these Sunday games and the problem will be fixed starting with the 2015 fixture.

I just wonder what this pathetic scheduling and the lack of us on FTA is doing to our finances and will do to our membership next year. It is a huge concern and the Club are right on to it. They never wanted this crazy fixture but it was rammed down our throats.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: