Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Not even the Age believes Andrews

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:05 am
Post subject: Not even the Age believes AndrewsReply with quote

Not looking good for Daniel Andrews if the Age doesn't even believe him.

That's OK maybe the ABC will support him.

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/the-age-editorial/oh-and-then-they-destroyed-the-recorder-20140728-3cpsv.html
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't be like Labor to do their best to lose an unloseable election now, would it? Laughing
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:32 pm

David wrote:
Wouldn't be like Labor to do their best to lose an unloseable election now, would it? Laughing

Ain't THAT the truth................. Rolling Eyes
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:04 pm

Nothing in this whole story reflects well on anyone.

Aged journo allegedly recording people without telling them. Not illegal but not highly ethical.

Politicians thinking they're having "off the record" conversations with a journo

Same Journo not following up to try to find the dictaphone when it was lost.

Security at the convention. The dictaphone apparently had a fairfax sticker on the back, wouldn't take a great deal of grey matter to check how many aged journos had been there.

labor for making the same dumb call. Instead of just contacting fairfax and saying "hey, we found a dictaphone, any of your people at the conference lose one?" which would have been easy, no they have to listen to it and copy the contents before (supposedly) destroying everything. Potentially illegal acts.

Andrews response. Geezus dude, you can't be that stupid. Man up and admit that it somehow got from Labor to a Lib email distribution group. It's not a hanging offence, the longer you dither around denying shit the longer this drags. man up, say sorry, move on.

Libs factions circulating the stuff around, not exactly high class actions.

All involved should hang their head with there actions.

sixpoints 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:09 pm

You should never use your dictaphone.
Better off using your fingers.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:12 pm

The bulk of the General Public couldn't care less but the media are beating it up for all they're worth, trying no doubt to get their LNP mates back into power!
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:18 pm

1061 wrote:
The bulk of the General Public couldn't care less but the media are beating it up for all they're worth, trying no doubt to get their LNP mates back into power!

It is the Age which is running hard on this story, not the Australian. The Age is no friend of the Libs.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:20 pm

Tell me more about Age which is running hard on this story not the Australian.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:25 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
1061 wrote:

It is the Age which is running hard on this story, not the Australian. The Age is no friend of the Libs.

The Age, 3AW, 7, 9 Fox and of course the Hun.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:56 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
1061 wrote:

It's hardly a critical policy issue, is it? The sooner we accept that all politicians are, by nature, lying, cheating scum, the sooner we can focus on the real issues. Here and there one gets picked off and jailed but it hardly matters in the scheme of things. I assume you're not going to try to suggest seriously that the LNP has some monopoly on relative virtue?
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:32 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:
1061 wrote:

It's hardly a critical policy issue, is it? The sooner we accept that all politicians are, by nature, lying, cheating scum, the sooner we can focus on the real issues. Here and there one gets picked off and jailed but it hardly matters in the scheme of things. I assume you're not going to try to suggest seriously that the LNP has some monopoly on relative virtue?

What I am suggesting is that it is not some sort of conspiracy to get the Libs back in.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:26 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
It is the Age which is running hard on this story, not the Australian.

Indeed it is. The Age is repeatedly screaming like a horse-stuck virgin and everybody else is vaguely mentioning it mostly 'coz the Age did. The Age is desperately trying to beat it up as a shock-horror-Labor-bastards story because the reality is that The Age itself is seriously at fault and bears a lot of the responsibility. They hope that if they scream loudly enough about the bad things other people did, no-one will notice how much blood is on their hands. Very very poor quality journalism, first to record an off-the-record conversation, second to fail to keep it safe and secure, and third to try so hard to shift the blame elsewhere and pretend they did nothing wrong.

Dr Pie 

Dr Pie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:58 pm

In the long run the biggest loser may be Age political reporter Farah Tomazin. She has been exposed as taping people without their permission and being unable to look after confidential information. I can't imagine why any politician, Liberal, National, Labor or Green would want to talk her again. I predict that the Sunday Age will have a new chief political correspondent well before the elections and Farah will be covering flower shows.

That said, I agree with Stui that nobody comes out of the affair looking good. Labor's apparatchiks need to be reminded that if you have good policies and present them well you should not need to indulge in dirty tricks. Daniel Andrews criticised Peter Ryan for failing to control his staff. Turns out Daniel can't control his either. Ted Baillieu has been around long enough to know the risks of leaking against members of your own party and Kevin Andrews is so stupid and right-wing that he is prepared to risk a State Government from his own side merely to settle scores. And everything that big Ted said about that odious creep Bernie Finn is true.

And you wonder why I vote Green. Some of them may be naive but none of them are as unprincipled as the party hacks from both major parties.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:09 am

^ Top quality posting there, Dr Pie. I agree with you on every point. Not one person comes out of this well.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:06 am

Dr Pie wrote:
In the long run the biggest loser may be Age political reporter Farah Tomazin. She has been exposed as taping people without their permission and being unable to look after confidential information. I can't imagine why any politician, Liberal, National, Labor or Green would want to talk her again. I predict that the Sunday Age will have a new chief political correspondent well before the elections and Farah will be covering flower shows.

That said, I agree with Stui that nobody comes out of the affair looking good. Labor's apparatchiks need to be reminded that if you have good policies and present them well you should not need to indulge in dirty tricks. Daniel Andrews criticised Peter Ryan for failing to control his staff. Turns out Daniel can't control his either. Ted Baillieu has been around long enough to know the risks of leaking against members of your own party and Kevin Andrews is so stupid and right-wing that he is prepared to risk a State Government from his own side merely to settle scores. And everything that big Ted said about that odious creep Bernie Finn is true.

And you wonder why I vote Green. Some of them may be naive but none of them are as unprincipled as the party hacks from both major parties.

However, Big Ted can be forgiven to some extent. We are talking Bernie Finn of Corey Bernardi persuasion that is, the extremist rabid religious right wing nutters that have infected the Liberal party. I'm at one with Ted here.

Bernie Finn - see what happens when you allow first cousins to have children.

Then again it's only a theory.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: