Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Umpiring, specifically number 26.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure naming and shaming umpires is the way to go fellas. As much as I love a good conspiracy theory I would lean towards the "blind" explanation (perhaps that's the optimist in me).

No question on Sunday they were paying every tiggy touchwood free in the book - it was quite literally, by the book.

I thought Reid got manhandled even worse than Clokey on Sunday and I don't think he got a single free kick. He wasn't even grappling and I thought that was the key to the new interpretation. If both players are holding, let it go, but in Reid's he seemed to be 100% focused on the ball and had two arms around him and yet nothing given.

Something has to be done about simplifying the rules. At the end of the day the muppets (yep I'll call them names!!) are "trying" to umpire according to the rules. Prior opportunity was the single most destructive rule change in the history of the game if you ask me. It called into question so many of the fundamentals and has caused so much of the confusion around holding the ball.

Worst bit was that 2-3 weeks ago it looked like they had tightened up on players just dropped the ball when tackled and then you watch Sunday's game and wonder what happened.

Bloody frustrating.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: