Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 8 is still a chance 50/50 - analysis

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisjjj 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even care about this season anymore, I've lost all interest in the AFL. The sooner our top 8 chances are over the sooner I can move on. This match was the first one this year where I didn't bother going or watching it. I just can't bring myself to watch such consistant butchery of the ball, poor decision-making and awful goal kicking.
chrisjjj 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:47 am

I don't even care about this season anymore, I've lost all interest in the AFL. The sooner our top 8 chances are over the sooner I can move on. This match was the first one this year where I didn't bother going or watching it. I just can't bring myself to watch such consistant butchery of the ball, poor decision-making and awful goal kicking.
shwany 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:09 am

Big T wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
I don't think we'll lose another game this year. Danger games will be against Brisbane, who are going well, and Hawthorn if they need to win the last game. I think we'll win at least 4 out of 5.

Wow that optimism.

We'll be the underdogs next week, lose that and it's season over I'm afraid if it aint already.

Port coming off the bye and with players coming back, and moving out of their mid season slump. Yeah, we will be raging favourites.

Yeah because that worked so well for us coming off the byes...
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:05 pm

I'm more interested in our VFL team this year TBH.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:07 am

Looking at the ladder, I can realistically see us finishing as low as 12th. That could be a masterstroke if we could manage it.

What was our last flag built on? A minor tank which netted us Thomas and Pendlebury. If we could manage to sign both Moore, and a first round pick in the top 6, it would be a major win. Lose 4 or 5 of our remaining games and it could happen. We'd then be entering next season with 4 players rated top 10 in their drafts who have yet to debut. Even without this miracle, 3 will be nice to have anyway.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:13 pm

Adelaide losing yesterday to West Coast makes things interesting now. If we win today it makes up for the loss last week in terms of being in the top 8.
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:26 pm

Jezza wrote:
Adelaide losing yesterday to West Coast makes things interesting now. If we win today it makes up for the loss last week in terms of being in the top 8.

Good point.
Even though we are in a rut, never lose sight of how crap some other sides can be. Seriously; GC, Adel, Ess, NM are all capable being equally (and in many cases more) inept than us.
All we need to do is win..........
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:30 pm

sixpoints wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Good point.
Even though we are in a rut, never lose sight of how crap some other sides can be. Seriously; GC, Adel, Ess, NM are all capable being equally (and in many cases more) inept than us.

Precisely mate.

We need to take advantage of the losses that Adelaide, Essendon and North Melbourne have had by winning today. It's in our hands today.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:05 pm

Jezza wrote:
sixpoints wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Good point.

Precisely mate.

We need to take advantage of the losses that Adelaide, Essendon and North Melbourne have had by winning today. It's in our hands today.

Agree but difference between us and the other 3 clubs is ?? We are and have been playing kids for the majority of the year. Making finals with this group this year would be a bonus IMO ATM.
Side note again just turned over to watch the pre match on Fox and see Leigh Matthews with the stats sheet in his hands studying it and talking to Leppich. Commentators saying what a great mentor for a rookie coach. Now who is Bucks mentor who he can go to and talk to when things get tough ? Eade ? Please he isn't a coaches butt hole. Look at what the dumb a$$es at Essendon did at least they thought in advance and appointed Thomspon who had a proven track record in the modern game and experience in building a young list to be a premiership list.
Please Eddie go and get us a Chocco Williams or someone like that to be Bucks mentor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: