Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 8 is still a chance 50/50 - analysis

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shwany 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:04 am
Post subject: The 8 is still a chance 50/50 - analysisReply with quote

I think tonight we showed a lot of improvement, Im not writing our season off just yet.

I'm not saying we can win the grand final but I'm hoping we can still make the 8 and win one final.

Clokes in form, Reid will get better, there were glimpses tonight of our best, if we can build each wee we should be able to win 4 of the last 5.

we are equal with Adelaide on wins but about 4 goals behind on percentage, 1 win and 4 goals behind essendon and about one win and 8 goals behind north.

Adelaide:
West coast
Brisbane away
Richmond
North away
St Kilda

Probably equally as hard as our draw, should win 3 or 4. Richmond and lions games will be crucial. Percentage will be the key between us and them.

Essendon:
Sydney away
Richmond
West coast
Suns
Carlton

Probably a harder run home than us, no easy wins.

North:
Geelong
Giants
Adelaide
Bulldogs
Melbourne

Should win 4, highly unlikely we will catch them.

Collingwood:
Port
West coast away
Brisbane
Giants away
Hawthorn

Essentially we could get either crows or bombers spot, west coast, Richmond and Brisbane will probably be the deciding factors.

We have to beat port, I saw enough tonight to think we should, we had no injuries today in afl or vfl, should be a more settled side next week.

Another thing we would want to happen is a dead rubber result for hawthorn, which will likely happen if they beat geelong or Fremantle. If they can lock in top 2 before round 23 they will probably rest knowing we will be playing for our lives.

I think it's 50/50 of us still making it. If WC beat Adelaide, swans beat essendon and geelong beet north and we have a big win over port we could even be 6th, it's not that far out of the question.

Bo-lieve!!!!

Last edited by shwany on Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we'll lose another game this year. Danger games will be against Brisbane, who are going well, and Hawthorn if they need to win the last game. I think we'll win at least 4 out of 5.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:12 am

When does the cricket start?
shwany 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:13 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
I don't think we'll lose another game this year. Danger games will be against Brisbane, who are going well, and Hawthorn if they need to win the last game. I think we'll win at least 4 out of 5.

Works out well having Adelaide play them the week before
shwany 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:18 am

Port will likely finish 5th, if we can finish 8 I wouldn't mind playing them in week 1
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:20 am

AN_Inkling wrote:

Really depends on whether we're able to beat Port next week. They've been playing badly, but hardly worse than us. I reckon we'll win 3 out of 5, which would unfortunately see us just miss out.

shwany 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:24 am

Clinton youngs dropped mark may haunt us
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:38 am

If we make it I'll be pleased and it'll be great to see whether we can defy the odds and win the Elimination Final but if we can't make it then we don't deserve to and I really hope that's a wake up call to the coaching staff and the club in general that we seriously need to improve next year. Either way it doesn't bother me now if we make it or not. Personally I think it'll be a bonus considering today was a do or die game so to speak.

All games are winnable for us apart from the Hawks who have been our bogey team for ages but who knows we may catch them at a good time especially since they'll have one eye on the finals and they'll be cautious about injuries. I think we could beat Port on the form they're displaying at the moment next week. A few weeks ago I would have said we were no chance against them but we can beat them if we play at our best, but Hinkley has outclassed Bucks in the coaches box twice though as we saw last year.

melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:39 am

Make the finals. Don't make the finals. It really isn't the point ATM and a waste of energy. Playing better/good basic footy is. The rest will take care of its self. Playing for future years is where our aim should be.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:59 am

With Adelaide's easy draw,we've virtually got to win our last five games now.Impossible.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:29 am

AN_Inkling wrote:

Wow that optimism.

We'll be the underdogs next week, lose that and it's season over I'm afraid if it aint already.

shwany 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:30 am

doriswilgus wrote:
With Adelaide's easy draw,we've virtually got to win our last five games now.Impossible.

I rather our draw over Adelaide,

They play north and Richmond who are looking alright.

We play hawks
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:59 am

doriswilgus wrote:

If we end up in the running at all, our battle is more likely to be with Essendon than Adelaide (who I agree will probably finish higher than us). The Bombers have a much tougher draw. North are no certainties either.

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:23 am

shwany wrote:
Clinton youngs dropped mark may haunt us

May???????

Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:42 am

swoop42 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Wow that optimism.

We'll be the underdogs next week, lose that and it's season over I'm afraid if it aint already.

Port coming off the bye and with players coming back, and moving out of their mid season slump. Yeah, we will be raging favourites.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: