Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

PLEASE get rid of the stupid "loud-o-meter"

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprised. This type of bs will continue in a land with no soul..
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:57 pm

Jezza wrote:
The club should get rid of it on top of the bloody dance troupe who are embarrassing to watch and the kiss, hug and dance cams. I'm sick of this crap to 'enhance' match-day experience.

I'm with you on the dancers and the loud-o-metre. I can live with Kiss Cam, although it's completely different if you've witnesses this kind of stuff in an indoor stadium (That isn't Etihad).

Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:01 pm

We stand for nothing... Attack all u wish as per last time I said it but it be true. And this thread simply confirms it.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:52 pm

The person/people who is /are employed by the Collingwood Football Club that implemented this nonsense, seriously should be moved on.
They are not in touch with the people they're trying to engage.
A degree in marketing does not mean you are good at marketing.

These reckless people have ruined the connection people felt to the club.
Eddie, Gary, you really need to step in and do something before you lose all of us.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:58 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

The MCG has always been a joke. Compare this to the ultimate crowd experience at Victoria Park. Fans made the entertainment. It was awesome. I call on Pies fans to start boycotting the MCG. It is an insult and a joke. Run by game day dopes who think they can mass control the audience. Dickheads with a microphone.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:59 pm

Jezza wrote:
It's horrendous. Hearing the natural crowd noise after a goal was beautiful until this loud-o-meter kills all of that!

The club should get rid of it on top of the bloody dance troupe who are embarrassing to watch and the kiss, hug and dance cams. I'm sick of this crap to 'enhance' match-day experience.

The single best thing to enhance Collingwood supporters' match day experience would be to schedule EVERY single game at 2.10pm on a Saturday afternoon. Thank you very much! Evil or Very Mad

So come on Mr Most Powerful Man in Victorian footy. Get onto it. Put a stop to these putrid Sunday timeslots the AFL have given us. If not, expect our membership to plummet to 50,000. [It would be much much worse if the club was honest and posted its actual full memberships, not these silly three game, one game or pet memberships! Grrrr.]

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:39 pm

collie dog wrote:
Jezza wrote:
It's horrendous. Hearing the natural crowd noise after a goal was beautiful until this loud-o-meter kills all of that!

The single best thing to enhance Collingwood supporters' match day experience would be to schedule EVERY single game at 2.10pm on a Saturday afternoon. Thank you very much! Evil or Very Mad

Sounds terrific but let's be serious that won't happen. As long as we have more Saturday afternoon games and less Sunday twilight games I'll be happy in regards to next year's fixture.

The fixture has been poor this year in terms of the timeslots we've received.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:45 pm

I tell ya I'm more angry about this thing than losing the game.

I'll be letting the club know tomorrow via email and I implore everyone else to do the same thing.

This crap along with all the other gimmicky lame crap dreamed up by some tosser in a suit is not needed and more importantly is not wanted.

Wake up to yourself Collingwood for allowing it to occur at our games.

You're destroying the soul of our great game and club with this shit.

If you can't hear the barrackers are shouting Ed then what's the point of us all?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:52 pm

Yeah, sounds like shit. I was called up for work at the last moment today and had planned on attending the game—knowing this now, I'm glad I didn't go.

For me, this is even worse than the dance troupe and other rubbish, because it sounds like it's probably something Holden have paid for. Can anyone say "captive audience"?

Andrew17 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:26 am

I have read this forum for years and never felt inclined to post anything until I read this thread.

I live interstate now and only go to one game a year which is ANZAC day. When I lived in Melbourne I was a Legends Member and before that, when I was growing up, I was a VFL Park Member and we also had reserved seats in the outer at Vic Park. The footy today is nothing compared to what it was like in the 80's and early 90's.

This is what I think kids of today are missing out on and will probably never experience.

No early game to watch the future stars, to warm up your voice and to eat your pie, chips and peanuts, no peanut man. We used to get in early to get a good seat at VFL park and rarely went to the MCG because we didn't have an area, although we stood in the outer in the Northern Stand a bit. Imagine making lots of people to stand at the footy now. OH&S!

No metal signs on the fence to smack when we kick a goal, no streamers, no audible chants from the cheer squad, just fake rubbish from speakers.

The records used to be cheap and cool, not some glossy magazine. You read them to find out where players came from and what their favourite movie, music and TV show was. You marked the score in them and you kept them... as a record.

If you were keen you could run on the ground after and have a kick after the game. I watched this go downhill and we are partially to blame because we almost killed the umpires and Warrick Capper after the Swanettes beat us at Victoria Park in the late 80's.

It all started going downhill in the late 90's. No more reserves, the idiot 'voice of the G', most home and away games at the MCG, reading the score out at the end of the quarter. The 'cams' they have nowadays are just a rip-off from America and that's the path we're taking. The marketing people at Collingwood will continue to go there and bring back the latest fad and it's pretty sad. The music that plays right up until the bounce of the ball that copies basketball is just ridiculous. There's nothing better than the quiet before the storm and then the siren goes and all hell breaks lose.

The other sad thing is that we don't seem to be able to do anything about it. We could all stop going or watching it on TV, but I've been addicted for 37 years and I just can't kick the drug, no matter how far away I am.

The game is almost unrecognisable to what I grew up with and I think that's a shame. I can't see someone in 30 years time reminiscing about when they used to see Kiss-Cam and Loudometer on the old 2D Colour Flat Screen in the mid-'teenies'

I wouldn't be surprised if they introduce a quiet-o-meter for next years minute silence at the ANZAC game. Where can I patent that?
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:34 am

Thank you for your post.

Sums it up perfectly.

Ed are you listening?

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:39 am

Andrew17 wrote:
I have read this forum for years and never felt inclined to post anything until I read this thread.

I live interstate now and only go to one game a year which is ANZAC day. When I lived in Melbourne I was a Legends Member and before that, when I was growing up, I was a VFL Park Member and we also had reserved seats in the outer at Vic Park. The footy today is nothing compared to what it was like in the 80's and early 90's.

This is what I think kids of today are missing out on and will probably never experience.

No early game to watch the future stars, to warm up your voice and to eat your pie, chips and peanuts, no peanut man. We used to get in early to get a good seat at VFL park and rarely went to the MCG because we didn't have an area, although we stood in the outer in the Northern Stand a bit. Imagine making lots of people to stand at the footy now. OH&S!

No metal signs on the fence to smack when we kick a goal, no streamers, no audible chants from the cheer squad, just fake rubbish from speakers.

The records used to be cheap and cool, not some glossy magazine. You read them to find out where players came from and what their favourite movie, music and TV show was. You marked the score in them and you kept them... as a record.

If you were keen you could run on the ground after and have a kick after the game. I watched this go downhill and we are partially to blame because we almost killed the umpires and Warrick Capper after the Swanettes beat us at Victoria Park in the late 80's.

It all started going downhill in the late 90's. No more reserves, the idiot 'voice of the G', most home and away games at the MCG, reading the score out at the end of the quarter. The 'cams' they have nowadays are just a rip-off from America and that's the path we're taking. The marketing people at Collingwood will continue to go there and bring back the latest fad and it's pretty sad. The music that plays right up until the bounce of the ball that copies basketball is just ridiculous. There's nothing better than the quiet before the storm and then the siren goes and all hell breaks lose.

The other sad thing is that we don't seem to be able to do anything about it. We could all stop going or watching it on TV, but I've been addicted for 37 years and I just can't kick the drug, no matter how far away I am.

The game is almost unrecognisable to what I grew up with and I think that's a shame. I can't see someone in 30 years time reminiscing about when they used to see Kiss-Cam and Loudometer on the old 2D Colour Flat Screen in the mid-'teenies'

I wouldn't be surprised if they introduce a quiet-o-meter for next years minute silence at the ANZAC game. Where can I patent that?

Fantastic post! Even though the 80s are before my time you sum up the thoughts of many brilliantly and this post just reminds me that I really wish I could have witnessed the 70s, 80s and early 90s when footy was at its best.

You should post more often mate! That's a great post.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:49 am

Jezza wrote:

Yeah I gotta say I stuck up for the dancers at first, but they are pretty average, junior did more advanced stuff at he jazz ballet classes she did til year 11! and their costumes are so bogan Collingwood I cringe. Dare I say give me the old Carlscum blue bird half naked outfits any day!

And thanks for telling me it's a car revving, thought it was just noise! Guess the tacho pi should have told me that though!

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:14 am

Loud o meter doesn't bother me. If I want to be loud I will, I don't a meter to tell me.

However the kids seem to have fun with it.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:34 am

Johnno75 wrote:
Loud o meter doesn't bother me. If I want to be loud I will, I don't a meter to tell me.

However the kids seem to have fun with it.

whilst us adults don't much like it i guess it is the kids who they are targeting with things like this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7   

Jump to: