Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies can be premiers: Elliott

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:
jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Do I think we can win the flag? Absolutely yes.

Do I think we will win the flag? Absolutely not.

You see when we bring our A game to the contest and apply fanatical pressure we can beat anybody anywhere anytime. Unfortunately, there is little evidence that we are going to do that sufficiently to make the finals and win 4 consecutive finals. But as long as we're in the contest there is still hope. Here's hoping. Confused

Remains a possibility, irregardless of probability, until it is no longer a possibility.

What the what?!?!?!

I'll use smaller words for you next time
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:07 pm

jackcass wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

You see when we bring our A game to the contest and apply fanatical pressure we can beat anybody anywhere anytime. Unfortunately, there is little evidence that we are going to do that sufficiently to make the finals and win 4 consecutive finals. But as long as we're in the contest there is still hope. Here's hoping. Confused

Remains a possibility, irregardless of probability, until it is no longer a possibility.

What the what?!?!?!

Is irregardless an actual word? How does it differ from regardless? I'm not being a pedant, but it's one of those words I just don't get.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:52 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

What the what?!?!?!

Is irregardless an actual word? How does it differ from regardless? I'm not being a pedant, but it's one of those words I just don't get.

Me too.

I was thinking the very same thing RB.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:15 pm

If a player does not go into every game with the possibility of winning it in his mind he will never be truly successful. It is part of being a competitive professional sports person.

One thing for sure, the chances of winning a game when a team goes in and thinks it cannot win are very remote. The results last weekend prove that anything is possible if the odds are stacked against you.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:28 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

What the what?!?!?!

Definitely a word although does draw contraversy because of the double negative. I was always told it's interchangable with regardless. I'll restrict my use in future so that we can focus on footy instead of english lessons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:36 pm

Ah hah! Richard Sheridan rides again. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mrs._Malaprop
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:32 pm

Love the optimism of youth, but too win it, we needed an uninjured season, our best side in, and fourth spot at least. None of that will happen, but if we make the eight, win a semi, then im reasonably happy. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:16 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Love the optimism of youth, but too win it, we needed an uninjured season, our best side in, and fourth spot at least. None of that will happen, but if we make the eight, win a semi, then im reasonably happy. !

Come on Piesnchess. If we don't win a premiership each year the team is crap, Buckley is crap and must be fired, the fitness staff are no good and should be sent packing and Pert and McGuire must go. Anything less is sheer complacency. Be realistic for a change.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:20 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Come on Piesnchess. If we don't win a premiership each year the team is crap, Buckley is crap and must be fired, the fitness staff are no good and should be sent packing and Pert and McGuire must go. Anything less is sheer complacency. Be realistic for a change.

So glad that other respected posters like you get this member 7167. The "perceptive fellow"' thinking in a nutshell.
Please also refrain from Sunshine and lollypops whatever you do..... Twisted Evil Razz
MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:32 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

What the what?!?!?!

One of my pet hates this word.
I don't believe it is a word.

Irregardless is a word commonly used in place of regardless or irrespective, which has caused controversy since the early twentieth century, though the word appeared in print as early as 1795.[1] Most dictionaries list it as "nonstandard" or "incorrect" usage, and recommend that "regardless" should be used instead.[2][3][4]

Contents
Origin
Appearance in reference books
Prescriptive vs. descriptive
References

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:49 pm

I like his attitude but to borrow a line from a famous Aussie movie

"Tell em he's dreaming"

Hopefully all his teammates can bring the attitude shown at the presser to the MCG Sunday afternoon.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:31 pm

MJ23 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
jackcass wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
jackcass wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

What the what?!?!?!

Irregardless is a word commonly used in place of regardless or irrespective, which has caused controversy since the early twentieth century, though the word appeared in print as early as 1795.[1] Most dictionaries list it as "nonstandard" or "incorrect" usage, and recommend that "regardless" should be used instead.[2][3][4]

Contents
Origin
Appearance in reference books
Prescriptive vs. descriptive
References

OT.

Yeah, I think people mistakenly write irregardless when they really mean irrespective (which is an accepted word).

Carry on.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:02 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

So true Member. If success is measured by premierships alone then there aren't many successful clubs out there. 2 in 20 years? Not as successful as some but more successful than most.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:25 pm

Win every game between now and the end of September and we're a red hot chance!

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:13 am

MJ23 wrote:

I didn't believe Tony Abbott would ever be Prime Minister of Australia...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: