Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dean Cox

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Az wrote:
Was just reading an article about Coxy which stated he hasn't yet signed a contract to coach at the Eagles next year, and is open to coaching elsewhere. Time to make him an offer he can't refuse I say!

Do you have a Link?

That all of a Sudden gives us a Chance

Az 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:43 pm

I don't unfortunately mate. It's on my footy live app, so not an actual web page.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:47 pm

Thanks for the information.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:05 am

Big T wrote:
Cox is almost as good as Ceglar Smile

Big Cox or biggest Cox?
Beast 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:09 am

Would only consider getting Cox to the Club if we're willing to ship off Witts while he's still worth something.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:09 am

Az wrote:
Was just reading an article about Coxy which stated he hasn't yet signed a contract to coach at the Eagles next year, and is open to coaching elsewhere. Time to make him an offer he can't refuse I say!

Your assuming that Hudson isn't a good coach, that Cox is significantly better, and that we should just dump a big turd on the people's beard and his coaching career.
Az 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:58 am

jackcass wrote:
Az wrote:

Your assuming that Hudson isn't a good coach, that Cox is significantly better, and that we should just dump a big turd on the people's beard and his coaching career.

Huddo already has his own business set up for coaching, he's not out of a job if we do decide on Cox. I'm saying maybe we could draft him, have him in support like we did with Huddo. And Lycett and Nic Nat seem to be going alright with him coaching them, so I don't see how it could be a disadvantage.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:33 am

Az wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Az wrote:

Huddo already has his own business set up for coaching, he's not out of a job if we do decide on Cox. I'm saying maybe we could draft him, have him in support like we did with Huddo. And Lycett and Nic Nat seem to be going alright with him coaching them, so I don't see how it could be a disadvantage.

Yeah I realized what you were suggesting. We can only judge Hudo on the progress made by Witts and Grundy have made this year and on that basis I think he's doing okay.

I'm not a fan of recruiting stop gap players, said as much about Young, White, Lynch, Russell, even Leroy Brown. Different case with the Jolly, Ball, and Krakouer types. They have better history. Different case with the Adams and Karnezis types, they're young and have upside. Cox fall into the group with Young etc. not because he isn't a great player, purely because of his age.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:20 am

Agree with Jackcass. Huddo has also agreed to play for us when he had already retired to help us out. He originally applied for the ruck coach job. Would be a low act to move him on now just because an unproven coach like Cox is available. Witts & Grundy are coming on just fine under Huddo. I don't see that development skyrocketing just because Cox will be the one giving instructions instead of Huddo. I like having our ruck coach having some mongrel in him.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:20 pm

Defender wrote:
I'm not sure where his home town is, if it's WA I wouldn't imagine him leaving for a ruck coach gig, might depend on the coin offered.
He comes from Dampier in the Pilbara and still has family there and I believe he still has brothers playing in the local comp up there. I am currently a FIFO to WA and you get to read about ALL things WA and Cox has said he is NOT going anywhere and would love to be an assistant at the wee gals and eventually ,head coach.I don't think money would come into his calculations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: