Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies are still a chance in a year of upsets

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flashman 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Defender wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Defender wrote:
Flashman wrote:
The only light at the end of the tunnel for people with the outlook and demeanour of Defender, Collie Dog and co can only be provided in the form of a vacuum cleaner hose and an idling car.

We would enjoy installing that for the likes of you.

No you wouldn't. You're incapable of enjoying anything. Razz

I enjoy giving weight loss tips to ya mama.

You'd need a Ouija board to do that. Crying or Very sad
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:16 pm

Don't you just love the child-like innocence of those who still believe Collingwood has a snowman's chance in hell of winning the 2014 flag?

Whatever chance we had died at around 5 PM on the day we played Footscray. Since then we've managed to beat the utter train-wreck that is Carlton, and not by much either!

I know for an absolute fact that we have the best list in the game, and yet the West Lilydale under 12s can beat us...Why? Can't be the players, pretty sure it ain't the lunch ladies, must be the Coaching staff!

Obviously this puts me in the ""perceptive fellow"' category, and yes, watching us go down to the likes of Essendon & the Goldy makes me incredibly sad, it always has and always will, but my primary emotion is anger. We could & should be 4th or better, but we're not, we're going to be out of the 8 the next time we lose, and that will likely be this week or the week after.

All the coach can do is offer his standard line "It's the players, not me". That's really not good enough. As an example look at the way players imported from other clubs performed under the previous coach and compare that to how players imported under this coach have performed. Mick brought in guys like Jolly, Leigh Brown, and Luke Ball. They were brilliant for us. Bucks has had guys like Jordan Russell, Quentin Lynch, and Jesse White. In most cases they've started wonderfully then fallen away after a few weeks under Buckley's influence. Dasher Young has at least maintained a spot in the Ones, but is hardly setting the world on fire. Personally I'd rather see some of our kids in his place. The other big import is Adams, who is probably the best of them in that he's racking up possessions fairly regularly, it's just that he doesn't do a great real with them. But who knows, that's how Swanny used to be, so I still have hope for him, as I do for White, but the latter's last couple of months have been ordinary.

The other great mystery at the Westpac is the huge injury list we have endured every year of Buckley's tenure. Geez kids, if you change coaches and suddenly have a permanent mile long injury list why is it absurd to suspect that the coaching & training regime might be a factor? Buckley's attitude to training is quite well known, basically it's "work harder"!

We are stuck with Buckley for 2 more years at least, and I can't see an Eddie-led board dumping him, so I feel like it's going to be around 2018 -2020 before our next era of greatness arrives. That DOES make me sad... and angry.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:32 pm

35forever wrote:
Don't you just love the child-like innocence of those who still believe Collingwood has a snowman's chance in hell of winning the 2014 flag?

Yeah, young Jamie Elliot wouldn't have a bloody clue..... Shocked

He is just a sunshine and lollypops kid instead of being a crying cossack..... Rolling Eyes
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:33 pm

35forever wrote:

Whatever chance we had died at around 5 PM on the day we played Footscray. Since then we've managed to beat the utter train-wreck that is Carlton, and not by much either!

I know for an absolute fact that we have the best list in the game, and yet the West Lilydale under 12s can beat us...Why? Can't be the players, pretty sure it ain't the lunch ladies, must be the Coaching staff!

Obviously this puts me in the ""perceptive fellow"' category, and yes, watching us go down to the likes of Essendon & the Goldy makes me incredibly sad, it always has and always will, but my primary emotion is anger. We could & should be 4th or better, but we're not, we're going to be out of the 8 the next time we lose, and that will likely be this week or the week after.

All the coach can do is offer his standard line "It's the players, not me". That's really not good enough. As an example look at the way players imported from other clubs performed under the previous coach and compare that to how players imported under this coach have performed. Mick brought in guys like Jolly, Leigh Brown, and Luke Ball. They were brilliant for us. Bucks has had guys like Jordan Russell, Quentin Lynch, and Jesse White. In most cases they've started wonderfully then fallen away after a few weeks under Buckley's influence. Dasher Young has at least maintained a spot in the Ones, but is hardly setting the world on fire. Personally I'd rather see some of our kids in his place. The other big import is Adams, who is probably the best of them in that he's racking up possessions fairly regularly, it's just that he doesn't do a great real with them. But who knows, that's how Swanny used to be, so I still have hope for him, as I do for White, but the latter's last couple of months have been ordinary.

The other great mystery at the Westpac is the huge injury list we have endured every year of Buckley's tenure. Geez kids, if you change coaches and suddenly have a permanent mile long injury list why is it absurd to suspect that the coaching & training regime might be a factor? Buckley's attitude to training is quite well known, basically it's "work harder"!

We are stuck with Buckley for 2 more years at least, and I can't see an Eddie-led board dumping him, so I feel like it's going to be around 2018 -2020 before our next era of greatness arrives. That DOES make me sad... and angry.

I'm angry too, all the sunshine and lollipops in the world won't cheer me up.

Great post btw.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:35 pm

Defender wrote:
35forever wrote:

Great post btw.

Wow really??? Surprised Surprised

What a huge surprise to find the leader of the sooking, crying cossacks stating the party line. Rolling Eyes
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:37 pm

Lazza wrote:
Defender wrote:
35forever wrote:

Great post btw.

What a huge surprise to find the leader of the sooking, crying cossacks stating the party line. Rolling Eyes

Don't you have a tree to hug?

You like this.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:58 pm

Defender wrote:

Nah, they cut all the trees down for the lollypos sticks........ Twisted Evil Razz
Flashman 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:04 pm

We've got the best list in the game?!?

What's that about child like innocence or is that total insanity?

Sydney, Hawthorn, Geelong and Freo's lists are clearly stronger than us at present, even at full strength and I reckon Adelaide, Port, Essendon and probably North are at least as strong if not stronger.

That will probably change in the next couple of years but how can a side with a bunch of developing and unproven kids mixed in with some senior guys coming to the end of their careers be considered the best list in the game?

Answer is it can't because it isn't. To say otherwise is bullshit.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:16 pm

Flashman wrote:

It's an absolute fact.

And Bucks once said, " it's the players, not me." In those exact words. It's a direct quote.

Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes

Flashman 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:09 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:
Flashman wrote:

It's an absolute fact.

And Bucks once said, " it's the players, not me." In those exact words. It's a direct quote.

Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes

I think Mick Malthouse did say that post 2003 and 2011 GF's.
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:30 pm

Defender wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Defender wrote:
35forever wrote:

Great post btw.

I hugged a tree once...all i got was splinters Sad i don't see the appeal.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:27 pm

derkd wrote:

It's all in the tree, pick a smooth barked tree like a ghost gum Wink
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:18 am

derkd wrote:
Defender wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Defender wrote:
35forever wrote:

Great post btw.

Next time do it with pants on.

You like this.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:14 am

It is a mathematical probability that we can make the finals and win the flag - it may be a low probability but that is the reality atm!

Confidence is not easily quantifiable - but if the pies regain some confidence from winning this week we can build momentum... and blow the numbers and probabilities away - best list or not!

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:50 am

35forever wrote:

OK 3 things.

1. Realistically due to a word called "intangibles", there never is an absolutely PERFECT world where everything goes according to plan.

2. It is what it is.

3. Shit happens in life and footy.......... Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9   

Jump to: