Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies are still a chance in a year of upsets

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:16 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

Defender wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
^ I don't think Member was mate, he was just saying Lennon stood up for the beliefs of King, and black Americans in general, civil rights, and because of that, and his peace beliefs and protests, the FBI had a very extensive file on him, right up to his tragic death. You really do seem to look for controversy and innuendo in others opinions, your entitled to your view, as are we.

The mind boggles Piesnchess, the mind boggles!! Shocked

I do wonder with young people sometimes if it is just an ill informed view due to a lack of proper education or if this is actually the exact type of thinking that will lead us into the future..... Rolling Eyes

Thank goodness thay my two teenage kids share vastly different views to Defender on people like Lennon, MLK and others of that ilk......... Cool

Lennon was a self confessed wife beater who was violent towards women even in the early days, you seem to be doing a very good job raising your teenage children, such values.

Lennon is the poster boy for do as I say, not as I do, he wrote Imagine from his penthouse suite at the ritz FFS.

Oh that's a bit harsh. But he did dodge military service that's why his music is banned in our household. He wrote anti military music as well. Disgrace. I would much rather listen to Captain Glenn Miller than those military hating musicians.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:20 pm
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Defender wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
^ I don't think Member was mate, he was just saying Lennon stood up for the beliefs of King, and black Americans in general, civil rights, and because of that, and his peace beliefs and protests, the FBI had a very extensive file on him, right up to his tragic death. You really do seem to look for controversy and innuendo in others opinions, your entitled to your view, as are we.

I do wonder with young people sometimes if it is just an ill informed view due to a lack of proper education or if this is actually the exact type of thinking that will lead us into the future..... Rolling Eyes

Thank goodness thay my two teenage kids share vastly different views to Defender on people like Lennon, MLK and others of that ilk......... Cool

Lennon was a self confessed wife beater who was violent towards women even in the early days, you seem to be doing a very good job raising your teenage children, such values.

Lennon is the poster boy for do as I say, not as I do, he wrote Imagine from his penthouse suite at the ritz FFS.

Oh that's a bit harsh. But he did dodge military service that's why his music is banned in our household. He wrote anti military music as well. Disgrace. I would much rather listen to Captain Glenn Miller than those military hating musicians.

There’s simply no way of disputing this: the revered icon of peace and love had a serious problem with violence against women. This has been documented all the way back to his Liverpool days, and he eventually admitted it himself later in life. His first wife Cynthia and his second, Yoko Ono, were both victims of Lennon’s brutality at one point or another, and given that most men who beat their spouses or girlfriends regularly are not particularly discriminating about the object of their violence, it’s frankly impossible that they were the only ones. It seems clear in hindsight that the gentle icon the hippies worship was actually a man with very serious psychological problems who often flew into uncontrollable fits of rage which he took out on the women in his life.

http://listverse.com/2012/05/12/top-10-unpleasant-facts-about-john-lennon/

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Defender wrote:
You might condone violence against women but I certainly don't.

Mate, I have been a Social Worker for over 35 years. THAT is plainly the stupidest thing you have ever posted here....... Rolling Eyes

But I guess having freedom of speech entitles your types to say such nonsensical stuff.... Crying or Very sad
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:39 pm

Lazza wrote:
Defender wrote:

Mate, I have been a Social Worker for over 35 years. THAT is plainly the stupidest thing you have ever posted here....... Rolling Eyes

But I guess having freedom of speech entitles your types to say such nonsensical stuff.... Crying or Very sad

You wrote "I do wonder with young people sometimes if it is just an ill informed view due to a lack of proper education or if this is actually the exact type of thinking that will lead us into the future.....

Thank goodness thay my two teenage kids share vastly different views to Defender on people like Lennon, MLK and others of that ilk......... "

Did you know Lennon was violent towards females? Am I still "ill informed" or suffer from "lack of proper education"? Or would that be you?

You like this.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:40 pm
Post subject: heyReply with quote

Lazza wrote:
Defender wrote:

Lazza his statement about you in that regard is a disgrace and should be removed immediately. No one can ever justify violence against women and children.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:15 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:
Well I'm certainly stupider than I was ten minutes ago.

Thanks for that lads.

And cheaper than a lobotomy
Flashman 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:03 pm

Defender wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Defender wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

There’s simply no way of disputing this: the revered icon of peace and love had a serious problem with violence against women. This has been documented all the way back to his Liverpool days, and he eventually admitted it himself later in life. His first wife Cynthia and his second, Yoko Ono, were both victims of Lennon’s brutality at one point or another, and given that most men who beat their spouses or girlfriends regularly are not particularly discriminating about the object of their violence, it’s frankly impossible that they were the only ones. It seems clear in hindsight that the gentle icon the hippies worship was actually a man with very serious psychological problems who often flew into uncontrollable fits of rage which he took out on the women in his life.

Well that's a totally objective list wasn't it?

It labels Lennon everything from a wife beater to talentless and claims that these are facts. Amazing that such a fraud is to this day revered and whose recordings still inspire and sell millions.

It looks to me that most of that list was garnered from the late (but not lamented) Albert Goldmans total hatchet job of a biography. A book notorious for it's dubious research, lack of primary sources, innuendo and reportage of unsubstantiated stories as fact.

His writings would probably be right up your alley.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:28 pm

Flashman wrote:
Defender wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Defender wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

It labels Lennon everything from a wife beater to talentless and claims that these are facts. Amazing that such a fraud is to this day revered and whose recordings still inspire and sell millions.

It looks to me that most of that list was garnered from the late (but not lamented) Albert Goldmans total hatchet job of a biography. A book notorious for it's dubious research, lack of primary sources, innuendo and reportage of unsubstantiated stories as fact.

Just the type of source information individuals like Defender uses to justify their tenuous position. Enough said.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:04 pm

Flashman wrote:
Defender wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Defender wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Yes, the author of that list used the word "fact" rather loosely, hence why I didn't bother listing any of it apart from the wife beating, the wife beating is a well known fact and self confessed.

You like this.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:04 pm

Double.

You like this.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:06 pm

I have not read anti military music . Go to the library.
MattyD 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:22 pm

Clearly this thread has been derailed.

Who would do that?

I may need a tinfoil hat but isn't it possible:

the Club might throw 'spanners in the works' on online forums to derail any meaningful discussion?

In answer to the original question: not a hope in Hades.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:05 pm

MattyD wrote:
Clearly this thread has been derailed.

Who would do that?

I may need a tinfoil hat but isn't it possible:

the Club might throw 'spanners in the works' on online forums to derail any meaningful discussion?

In answer to the original question: not a hope in Hades.

The "perceptive fellow" have long suspected club plants.

This year the "perceptive fellow" will launch the inaugural Nick Davis medal, the medal will be given out to the most deluded happy sack on Nicks.

You like this.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:55 am

Hiss wrote:
Defender wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Dodge military service? Good on him on that note, especially for that war, a war that could never be won.

You like this.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:04 am

Hiss wrote:
Defender wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Defender, Lennon did have an alcohol and drug abuse problem, not denying that, which led to some irrational behaviour,but the good he did, far outweighed the bad. And as for Hiss, give me his music anyday, and his peace songs, over military music anytime. and I hasten to add that my late dad, a six yr WW2 veteran, Lieutenant, was a big fan of his music too, he liked his peace stuff. Cool Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9   

Jump to: