Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies are still a chance in a year of upsets

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well G. Lyon doesn't think we'll play finals.

I guess we've been spoiled playing the number of consecutive final series we have and have probably started to take it for granted if we're honest.

I dare say we'll miss not being part of September, even if it's only for a week like last year.

Got to be in it to win it and given how we're traveling right now actually playing finals and putting ourselves in with the chance of winning one would make this season almost feel like a successful one.

You don't often appreciate what you've got until it's gone.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:02 pm

We're a chance alright. What shits me looking at the ladder now is we didn't win one or two of the; Gold Coast, Bulldogs or scum games... we'd be top 4 NOW, playing well below our best.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:57 pm

yin-YANG wrote:
2007 the Pies were very close to beating the cats who were destroying teams... even recently the dominant and rested Hawks have had some very close prelims... Crows almost beat them in 2012.

2002 - we were not given a chance away against Port who were full of confidence - our team was probably lucky to make the top 4 and almost won the flag when the Lions were at their peak!

If a team is ever going to win from low in the 8... I hope it is the Pies this year - we need some of the young guys such as Thomas, Adams, Sidey, Kennedy, Witts and Beams to hit their straps and our young backs - Langdon, Marley, Seedsman, Keefe and Frost to play with flair and aggression. If Reid and White can provide some support to our forward guns Cloke and Elliot our fwd set up could be very damaging. I expect our more senior players Pendles, Tooves, H, Goldy etc will make a statement against the crow eaters to get the ball rolling!

Lots of ifs and a massive change is needed from our last month - but young players with confidence and the 'no fear' underdog status could do it!

Swans have had a great couple of months - but I sense a dip is coming... leaving this year wide open.

Man we played a shit hot game in that QF; every time I watch the replay I think it really was textbook football in all 4 quarters, nothing scrappy about it. We would have won the flag if we played as well on the Big Day

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992

Last edited by Collingwood Crackerjack on Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:57 pm

Always a chance, that's why we keep watching....and posting

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:58 pm

Skids wrote:
We're a chance alright. What shits me looking at the ladder now is we didn't win one or two of the; Gold Coast, Bulldogs or scum games... we'd be top 4 NOW, playing well below our best.

Yeah, I like to stick my neck out as usual and say that we will finish somewhere in the 5 – 8 positions. My gut feelings make me quite confident of this happening. Laughing
I also think we will see a rejuvenated Collingwood this Sunday who will beat Adelaide. Cool
the pie guy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:08 pm

Defender wrote:
We'd need to have no more injuries, and those with injuries would have to find form before finals, Scharonberg and Freeman included, Cloke would have to step it up, as would White, we'd need to dodge the Hawks, we'd to build chemistry between our best 22, and we'd need to sack Buckley now.

Do all those things and we can do it.

So what you are saying is we cant win it because there is buckleys chance that we will sack him and you know it. Its a shame you cant just support this thread, when all that was said was that we are a chance, that's all.
By the way its Scharenberg, and we should not be trying to dodge the Hawks, like we are scared of them, just face them & flog them fair and square.

COLLINGWOOD - RESPECT ALL FEAR NONE- GO PIES
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:12 pm

the pie guy wrote:
Defender wrote:
We'd need to have no more injuries, and those with injuries would have to find form before finals, Scharonberg and Freeman included, Cloke would have to step it up, as would White, we'd need to dodge the Hawks, we'd to build chemistry between our best 22, and we'd need to sack Buckley now.

So what you are saying is we cant win it because there is buckleys chance that we will sack him and you know it. Its a shame you cant just support this thread, when all that was said was that we are a chance, that's all.
By the way its Scharenberg, and we should not be trying to dodge the Hawks, like we are scared of them, just face them & flog them fair and square.

tl;dr

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:19 pm

Defender wrote:
the pie guy wrote:
Defender wrote:

tl;dr

GLYASDI
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:26 pm

Flashman wrote:
Defender wrote:
the pie guy wrote:
Defender wrote:

tl;dr

GLYASDI

He loves you to but I don't.

You like this.
Beast 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:40 pm

See thats why its much harder being a "perceptive fellow" as you aren't on a winner either way. Predict we're going downhill and voice the displeasure about traveling in that direction - get lambasted and labeled a troll, your prediction comes to fruition - get accused of being happy about our lamentable state.
But when you're a glass half full, positive sack you can post any tripe and get away with it.

Mods, I demand a pay rise for the likes of me and defender.

Having said that I reckon I'm still a chance of putting one through Mila Kunis.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:45 pm

Beast wrote:
See thats why its much harder being a "perceptive fellow" as you aren't on a winner either way.

Hmmmm ... no, if you're negative or ... what's the other option Confused oh that's right.... negative of course Rolling Eyes Laughing

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:49 pm

3rd degree wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
We won't win a flag until one of Witts or Grundy develops into an A grade ruckman. Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later.

Arent we getting Stefan Martin ?

/

.... and Ceglar!
.... and Wood!
.... and Cox (little)!
.... and Warnock!
.... and Giles!
.... and Gorringe!

Going to get crowded at ruck training!
the pie guy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:52 pm

2 THINGS
1. speak English - tl:dr ??? GLYASDI ????
2. Why don't you love me? I think you also love Collingwood, but why are you so negative all the time?? At the start of the year most would have said we would finish 5 - 8 and that's probably where we will finish, so whats the prob. We have a very young, inexperienced list, especially our defence and rucks, give them time we will reap the benefits next year.

Add Scharenberg, Freeman, Karnezis, Oxley, Broomhead, Reid, Brown, Fasolo, Elliott to the mix, possibly Moore and next years intake. Plus another pre season into Grundy, Witts, Langdon, Kennedy, Frost and Keefe. Even you, Defender, must see the light at the end of the tunnel. Chill out!!!
the pie guy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:52 pm

2 THINGS
2. Why don't you love me? I think you also love Collingwood, but why are you so negative all the time?? At the start of the year most would have said we would finish 5 - 8 and that's probably where we will finish, so whats the prob. We have a very young, inexperienced list, especially our defence and rucks, give them time we will reap the benefits next year.

Add Scharenberg, Freeman, Karnezis, Oxley, Broomhead, Reid, Brown, Fasolo, Elliott to the mix, possibly Moore and next years intake. Plus another pre season into Grundy, Witts, Langdon, Kennedy, Frost and Keefe. Even you, Defender, must see the light at the end of the tunnel. Chill out!!!
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:57 pm

the pie guy wrote:
2 THINGS

EAD.

You like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9   

Jump to: