Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

MH17

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true a priori.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:37 pm

Joel wrote:
The same "low scum" that would shoot a plane down?

No, different low scum. Still low scum though.

Mind you, if you'd just had a lawless mob of heavily-armed Russian thugs come smashing trhrough your homeland, stealing, raping and smashing as they went and you saw a chance to pick up something valuable that didn't belong to anyone anymore - not to anyone still alive, anyway - you'd be tempted too. But the realities of life are such that the non-violent victims of the invasion are almost certainly not the ones sporting shiny new earrings and iPhones now. So let's just leave it at "low scum", that seems to cover it.

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:13 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Not a lot of respect for them it seems by the people on the scene, considering reports that mobile phones and credit cards of dead people are being used. Seriously, what kind of low scum steals from a corpse?

WTF

What's a dead man going to need a credit card for?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:16 pm

Nick - Pie Man wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Not a lot of respect for them it seems by the people on the scene, considering reports that mobile phones and credit cards of dead people are being used. Seriously, what kind of low scum steals from a corpse?

WTF

True it's distasteful but no bank is going to hold anyone to account for the spending spree, as for the phones does it all really matter in the end.

These people are at War and we(posters in this thread) are applying our peaceful living logic and morals to their lives!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:20 pm

What kinds of low scum steals from a corpse are there?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:44 pm

Yeah, I was kind of thinking that too. Heartless act, but probably less so than stealing credit cards from people who are still alive.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:42 pm

Nick - Pie Man wrote:
WTF

Haven't you heard? The age of entitlement is over and St Peter's Gate has been privatised. You won't get in them Pearly Gates unless you are prepared to make a suitable contribution. Visa, Mastercard or Amex. No riff-raff, no cheques except by prior arrangement with the management.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:43 pm

David wrote:
Yeah, I was kind of thinking that too. Heartless act, but probably less so than stealing credit cards from people who are still alive.

Really? So the fact that the grieving family have to then go through the hoops of dealing with the bank explaining that mum didn't buy that vodka or lapdance because she was fkn dead is somehow less distressful than just saying you lost your wallet?

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:44 pm

David wrote:

I agree.

Much kinder and more moral to shoot them first, then take the credit cards.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:47 pm

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:

Really? So the fact that the grieving family have to then go through the hoops of dealing with the bank explaining that mum didn't buy that vodka or lapdance because she was fkn dead is somehow less distressful than just saying you lost your wallet?

Stui, they're at war I doubt they have many ATM's or touch screen eftpos places to use the cards. You can pull the grieving family line but sooner or later the poor grieving families are going to have to deal with all these legal details.

Once again lets not put our way of life perspective onto those in a war zone.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:53 pm

1061 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:

Stui, they're at war I doubt they have many ATM's or touch screen eftpos places to use the cards. You can pull the grieving family line but sooner or later the poor grieving families are going to have to deal with all these legal details.

I'll lay pay it's not the poor villagers who have the cards and phones in their pocket but the gun toting douche nozzles representing the rebels.

And as far as using the cards go, they obviously found some ways to spend on the cards because the families were getting advised of card usage. Maybe they were buying stuff online, there's this thing called the internet where you can do that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:56 pm

OK so if the Banks were letting the families know then the banks were looking after business.

I'm more disgusted at the Fox Reporter who went through someones bag.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:07 pm

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:

Spot on! David, WTF? You can't be serious?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:08 pm

Lola recommends this article highly:

http://www.nybooks.com/blogs/nyrblog/2014/jul/24/russia-pregnant-with-ukraine/

Quote:
During that hot month, sitting in front of an overheated television set, Russia conceived. A new life stirred in her enormous womb: Free Ukraine. The authorities were horrified, the liberals were jealous, and the nationalists were filled with hatred. Neither the Kremlin nor the people had anticipated such a rapid development of events.

And also says this is a fairly accurate description of how things are in Russia right now:

http://skibinsky.com/no-russian/

Quote:
In simple terms, Russia is a mafia state. All the way from Moscow to regions and to small towns, everything is controlled by various mafia gangs. Police and judiciary are parts of most powerful gangs. They usually assist in extortion or theft of property earned by local small and medium size businessmen. Big business is subject to federal mafia clan wars.

The mafia-state formation is logical consequence of Russian economy: it is totally dominated by oil and gas revenues. Oil, gas and derivatives provide meaningful employment to about 1M people. Russian population is about 150M. How do they survive? The majority depends on various forms of government handouts.

With russian-style oil production you don’t have to think, innovate or even hire smart people. All you have to do is to cash the check. Gazprom is ranked as one of the most grossly inefficient enterprises in the world. So what happens when a small, totally incompetent minority controls country-wide oil rent while the rest of 149 million people are a burden? The answer is obvious: that 1M would create a mafia state to keep the rest of 149M in check by means of police and judiciary abuse and mass propaganda.

Last edited by David on Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:09 pm

1061 wrote:

What a bullshit cop out. In other words "take a walk in their shoes and you would probably do it too".

But let's not for a second put ourselves into the shoes of grieving relatives of those that were blown out the sky. Nah....we can't do that because "let's not put out way of life perspective onto those in a war zone". I guess basic human decency is too much to ask for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 17 of 22   

Jump to: