Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coaching succession plan. Bring in Nick to replace Buckley.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Maxy to replace Bucks
Yes
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Of course
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
A no brainier
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:38 am
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
The dumb fans we have at Collingwood with their pea brain ideas are why two things are certain:

1. Democracy where the opinions of idiots is allowed wrecks great nations

2. Football fans with low IQ have no idea how to run a successful football club with their dumb idea's about coaching succession plans.

I thus ask: What would those who advocate a plan for Maxwell to coach know about coaching appointments?

Answer Sweet F.A.

Gumbuya park.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the question ?
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:26 am

HAL wrote:
What was the question ?

a stupid one Hal.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:28 am

When was this exactly?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:03 am

35forever wrote:
Maxy would be an ideal coach, he has passion & fire & would have the players behind him which Bucks has utterly failed to do. The respect the young players have for him is obvious on field and he understands the game in a way Buckley doesn't.

However we most certainly DO want him going elsewhere to learn from a gun coach before taking the reins. how many times must history show that going from player to coach at the same club doesn't work in the modern era, while players that begin their coaching careers elsewhere can become world-beaters, just look at the names! Sheedy, Malthouse, Eade, Matthews, Blight , etc. in fact most of the greats. The remainder are players that weren't club champions, Clarkson, Roos, Hafey etc. The one exception I can think of is Woosher at West Coast. Send Maxy off to Clarkson or Lyon to learn the trade, then bring him back. He has ALL the attributes of a senior coach, but most importantly he would have the guys behind him, without that a side will tumble down the ladder as we're doing, with the gliding angle of a brick!

Which part of Maxy's "I don't want to coach" statement is giving you the most difficulty?
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:38 pm

HAL wrote:
When was this exactly?

18/7/14 0532hr Shocked

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:00 am

I would prefer Dennis Pagan.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:24 am

3rd degree wrote:

I think some of the "perceptive fellow" would like to appoint Murray Weidemann from the famous 1976 wooden spoon days.... Rolling Eyes
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:11 am
Post subject: HeyReply with quote

Lazza wrote:
3rd degree wrote:

I think some of the "perceptive fellow" would like to appoint Murray Weidemann from the famous 1976 wooden spoon days.... Rolling Eyes

Can't help yourself can you! Launching this outrageous attack on one of the Club's elder statesman and finest traditional style coach in the modern era. For your information, Murray Weidemann revolutionised our game plan, taking it from the slow predictable long punt to the fast moving skill based game we see today. Collingwood under his coaching was ahead of its time. He was a tactician, thinker, players coach and diplomat. He was a thorough gentlemen as a coach. Always caring for players and fans alike. You infer that the wooden spoon was somehow his fault alone. Rubbish! Tommy came in and got us into a grand final the following season on the hard work Murray did for the team and administration. Murray was supported by one of our greatest ever President's as well. The Social Club saw its greatest era under this coach and President in 1975-76. And they were not as you insulting put it 'famous wooden spoon days'. You seem to enjoy saying that. How dare you!

It was one wooden spoon and arguably like the recession we had to have. Needed to have this wooden spoon to reach the great heights we did the following years. So please apologise to this great Coach and the fans you have offended like me who cherish dearly the great traditions of our Club.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:31 am
Post subject: Re: HeyReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Lazza wrote:
3rd degree wrote:

Can't help yourself can you! Launching this outrageous attack on one of the Club's elder statesman and finest traditional style coach in the modern era. For your information, Murray Weidemann revolutionised our game plan, taking it from the slow predictable long punt to the fast moving skill based game we see today. Collingwood under his coaching was ahead of its time. He was a tactician, thinker, players coach and diplomat. He was a thorough gentlemen as a coach. Always caring for players and fans alike. You infer that the wooden spoon was somehow his fault alone. Rubbish! Tommy came in and got us into a grand final the following season on the hard work Murray did for the team and administration. Murray was supported by one of our greatest ever President's as well. The Social Club saw its greatest era under this coach and President in 1975-76. And they were not as you insulting put it 'famous wooden spoon days'. You seem to enjoy saying that. How dare you!

It was one wooden spoon and arguably like the recession we had to have. Needed to have this wooden spoon to reach the great heights we did the following years. So please apologise to this great Coach and the fans you have offended like me who cherish dearly the great traditions of our Club.

I love the ol weed, too young to see him play, but he was certainly one hell of a Magpie tough guy, and a wrestler too. I did hear a rumour though, from a well placed source, that on some cold nights at training, the Weed would be up in the social club, partaking of a whisky or two, watching the boys go round the ground with ron Richards in charge, with the Weed directing proceedings from behind the glass. Was that true, he was certainly a character. Confused Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:16 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Lazza wrote:
3rd degree wrote:

I love the ol weed, too young to see him play, but he was certainly one hell of a Magpie tough guy, and a wrestler too. I did hear a rumour though, from a well placed source, that on some cold nights at training, the Weed would be up in the social club, partaking of a whisky or two, watching the boys go round the ground with ron Richards in charge, with the Weed directing proceedings from behind the glass. Was that true, he was certainly a character. Confused Razz

Hiss doesn't answer questions, please remember this in future.

You loving weed will not influence a response.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:23 pm

Defender wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Lazza wrote:
3rd degree wrote:

Hiss doesn't answer questions, please remember this in future.

You loving weed will not influence a response.

What question? I'll answer it! You want answers! You want answers!

Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:11 am

I would prefer Tony Jewell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: