Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coaching succession plan. Bring in Nick to replace Buckley.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Maxy to replace Bucks
Yes
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Of course
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
A no brainier
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wokko wrote:
Nick doesn't want to coach, he wants admin/back office roles. Likely to be groomed as next CEO.

As Wokko said, Nick explained this when asked about coaching at his retirement presser.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:33 pm

Ok, get the provocative analogy.... The difference is that Bucks hasn't had 9 years as head coach. Now cheer up.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:41 pm

The Prototype wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Two year handover with Bucks to be Director of Football (and then coach the Blooz).

Then two years of bitching about the decision to let Buckley go, and make Maxwell the coach.

And if we don't win a flag in the next two years it's Maxwell out, Ball in with Maxwell going to the Blues.

The perpetual motion Collingwood-Carlton coaching machine. I can't see how this wouldn't work Very Happy.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:09 pm

Freeman to go with Maxy and turn into a spud.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.

Last edited by Bob Sugar on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:09 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
The Prototype wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Two year handover with Bucks to be Director of Football (and then coach the Blooz).

Then two years of bitching about the decision to let Buckley go, and make Maxwell the coach.

And if we don't win a flag in the next two years it's Maxwell out, Ball in with Maxwell going to the Blues.

The perpetual motion Collingwood-Carlton coaching machine. I can't see how this wouldn't work Very Happy.

Hey at least we would've invented infinite free energy. Although this breaks the law of conservation of energy.
Robbie 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:51 pm
Post subject: What a Stupid PostReply with quote

What'sinaname wrote:
Make it happen Ed. We can't have our premiership captain coaching another club.

Thoughts?

Whilst I know the Buckley hate brigade will take any opportunity to have a go at Bucks, but this is ridiculous. Nick has told the supporters what he wants to do and coaching had nothing to do with it, so you want Ed to make a great Magpie legend do something he says he doesn't want to.

Stop this rubbish and give the current squad your support or just keep things to yourself.

makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:13 pm

Defender wrote:
Noooooooo!!!!!

I love Maxy and think he could become a great coach, but not with us, at least not until every player he played with has retired, coaches coaching ex team mates almost always ends in tears, Woosha is the only one I can think of who's won a flag doing it, not sure if any of Roos ex team mates were in his 2005 premiership team.

Barr Roos, coaching ex-teamates is destined to fail. I can't think of any other ones worldwide where it has succeeded. Shaw didn't work, Buckley hasn't worked, would we really go down that path again.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:09 pm

Triple C wrote:
What's a no brainier?

I think "Nicks auto correct" kicked in

It was meant to read "Bring back Mick Malthouse"

Thank you Nicks auto correct!
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:07 pm

makri wrote:
Barr Roos, coaching ex-teamates is destined to fail. I can't think of any other ones worldwide where it has succeeded. Shaw didn't work, Buckley hasn't worked, would we really go down that path again.

Given time I think Buckley will be fine, all new coaches are going to make mistakes as for Shaw I don't think he had the coaching instinct plus the cattle, and people around him.

Buckley's more a student of the game and doesn't seem to worry about losing 'friends' doing the job, I think Shaw wanted to remain the players friend while also being their coach.

Reminds me too much of a guy down here Kim Excell who didn't have the backbone to get hard on players, and force them to do stuff wanted to be liked as the nice guy he is.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:32 pm

Yep. Get that succession plan in train now Eddie. Razz

I do believe there's a Geelong ranga sniffing around for a job at the moment. Wink

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:35 am

so I guess, now Lyon got his dockers hammered by the useless saint vomit, by the criteria of this dumb thread, Lyon should be sacked now, and replaced asap ??

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:06 am

No, Freo supporters accept mediocrity - hence they are unconcerned if their team doesn't win by 143 points every week.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:18 pm

Maxy would be an ideal coach, he has passion & fire & would have the players behind him which Bucks has utterly failed to do. The respect the young players have for him is obvious on field and he understands the game in a way Buckley doesn't.

However we most certainly DO want him going elsewhere to learn from a gun coach before taking the reins. how many times must history show that going from player to coach at the same club doesn't work in the modern era, while players that begin their coaching careers elsewhere can become world-beaters, just look at the names! Sheedy, Malthouse, Eade, Matthews, Blight , etc. in fact most of the greats. The remainder are players that weren't club champions, Clarkson, Roos, Hafey etc. The one exception I can think of is Woosher at West Coast. Send Maxy off to Clarkson or Lyon to learn the trade, then bring him back. He has ALL the attributes of a senior coach, but most importantly he would have the guys behind him, without that a side will tumble down the ladder as we're doing, with the gliding angle of a brick!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:57 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

The dumb fans we have at Collingwood with their pea brain ideas are why two things are certain:

1. Democracy where the opinions of idiots is allowed wrecks great nations

2. Football fans with low IQ have no idea how to run a successful football club with their dumb idea's about coaching succession plans.

I thus ask: What would those who advocate a plan for Maxwell to coach know about coaching appointments?

Answer Sweet F.A.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:01 pm

An ideal coach would for starters want to do the job - Maxy has said he is not interested, admin & management is more his thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: