Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Reload for 2015 season, now !

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:46 pm
Post subject: Reload for 2015 season, now !Reply with quote

Oh dear, so now swannie is gone, at least a month, to add to our already horrendous injury list of players. I think he may as well get right for next season, get himself cherry ripe, and come back afresh, not much point now. Lets face it, the Premiership is gone now, for this season. Long term injuries to vital palyers like Reid and Brown, Fasolo, Freeman, Schrenberg, Sinclair, etc, now Maxy and Swan gone, have ruined our season. Yes, the kids have been wonderful, like frost, seeds, Langdon, Thomas, etc, but they are tiring out now, as kids do, its inevitable.
IMHO our best option now, is get as many games into our kids as we can. Hopefully, we can still somehow make the Finals, perhaps even win one, which would be a progression on last season at least ! I reckon try out young Martin now too, see where hes at, throw caution to the wind, pick our best kids, get some senior guys back, and use this year as a launching pad for a big assault on the Finals next season. Use the remainder of this year as a learning curve, give it our best shot, now the heat is off us from winning the flag. Use the remainder of this year as a learning experience fo r our young list. Exclamation Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:50 pm
Post subject: Re: RELOAD for 2015 season, NOW !Reply with quote

As you and I have said all season, we were always going to develop a team under Bucks this season and a flag would have been a totally unexpected bloody bonus. I now agree with you. Still try to make the bottom four in the finals but play some kids like Martin, Shazza, Armstrong, Gault and Freeman when fit.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's all we can do my friend. But serious changes need to be made at the club. And something must be done about the blood letting going on with AFL attendances and scheduling. If not we will wind up playing to smaller and smaller crowds. Frankly I'm not even looking forward to 2015. Footy as we grew up knowing it is DEAD.

Daics was on AFL360 the other night and dear God how we miss players like that. The game is just not the same. Sad

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:54 pm

Of course the more supposed fans like you dont go to games, obviously the AFL attendances will drop..... Rolling Eyes
E 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:58 pm

Look on the bright side. With crowds dwindling, maybe they could go back to playing games at Victoria Park!!!!!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:04 pm

E wrote:
collie dog wrote:
Yes, that's all we can do my friend. But serious changes need to be made at the club. And something must be done about the blood letting going on with AFL attendances and scheduling. If not we will wind up playing to smaller and smaller crowds. Frankly I'm not even looking forward to 2015. Footy as we grew up knowing it is DEAD.

Daics was on AFL360 the other night and dear God how we miss players like that. The game is just not the same. Sad

Look on the bright side. With crowds dwindling, maybe they could go back to playing games at Victoria Park!!!!!

Anymore crowds like that shocking turnout for PIes v the scum, lowest since bloody 1921, and you have a good point mate. Exclamation I loved old VP, our fortress, I remember going there in the early seventies,a young lad, and we lost one game there in three seasons,, I recall. ahh, those were the days. Wink

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:09 pm

I'll never give up hope, finishing 8th is as good as finishing 5th (interstate trips aside), a lot of soul searching will need to be done though and we'll need the injuries to stop, Reid and Swan will need to get back ASAP and in form, maybe the 2 new kids to have an impact this year as well, and we'll need to create what we've always lacked under Bucks, chemistry!

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:32 pm

Play the kids! No one over 25 to get a game for the rest of the year!

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:37 pm

We need to create chemistry within our best 22, granted not all are available but the more games our better players play together the better off we'll be going forward.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:41 pm
Post subject: OhReply with quote

Can't wait to hear what next years excuses will be! Still building! Moving forward! Hang in there! Face it, the excuses are becoming boring and tiresome. How do account for other Clubs overcoming their list issues and rebuilding so quickly? Sydney, Geelong, Port Power? Oh no you ignore the fact the we are pretenders and fakers. A disgrace this year! So predictable too.

Most genuine fans are sick of the false hopes and excuses. It is time to face the truth about Collingwood. We have some serious issues with culture and staffing. And why oh why do some President's feel they own the job?

Crowd numbers are falling, people are growing tired of the same old crap year in year out! We are being out priced of football with food, parking, tickets, finals, and worse of all the game fixture. What a disgrace.

Collingwood has lost its spark. Boring to watch and predictable in defeat. I warned sometime ago that we are rapidly becoming the also ran team type. Never quiet as competitive as we once were in our glory days when Boards were really challenged.

Anyone who gets on here talking about the great hope of 2015 is completely part of the culture problem with a failing club.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:57 pm

Methinks Hiss has been on the jungle juice once again. Razz

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:38 pm

I'd much rather look at it as not giving away season 2014 and our hope of playing finals but as an opportunity to load up our side with some kids and most offensively gifted players for the remainder of the year and see what happens.

I want to see when fit Reid, Martin, Broomhead, Fasolo, Karnezis and hell perhaps even the seriously raw but improving Marsh given a shot.

Rather go down swinging than meekly playing out the year.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:01 am

^ Yeh, I can live with that, roll the dice now, throw caution to the wind, give em all a go, put some flair and dash into our game, some exhuberance, and give other sides the shits too along the way. !

Adz 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:07 am

Start PRE-SEASON training now and get a 3 month head start on our opponents.
Let's tackle 2015 fitter than ever.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:03 am

Give each payer a brand new Sherrin and ask them to make their kicking skills elite over summer through concentrating on technique- hell, pay someone like Daicos or Didak to give them some mentoring!!

Give Cloke two Sherrins!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: