Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Kyle Martin.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Martin deserves a game.

Having said that, what are the chances he'll do a hammy, roll an ankle or pull a calf at training prior to his pending selection thursday week?

Just sayin', that's how 2012/2013/2014 have panned out for us so far...

Dyso

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:33 am

I've just been watching a few highlight clips from 2010. Started with Maxwell's smother, wound up with a whole stack of miracle Didak goals. And you know what? there is a player who keeps feeding him the ball, over and over, the goals come from a quick young player with a great ability to be in the right spot and deadly hands. His name? Jarrad Blair. I had forgotten how good he was, and maybe never quite realised how important he was.

If the 2014 Blair was half as good as the 2010 one, he'd be first man picked and our forward line would be feared instead of laughed at. But he's not. You wouldn't even know he is the same player.

Time to give someone else a go. If not Martin, then Kennedy, Armstrong, Broomhead, Ramsey, whoever you want, I don't care. Cull the dud and let's roll the dice on someone who just might be capable of setting our forward line alight the way Blair did in 2010 ... and hasn't ever since. He's had years to recapture his form and hasn't looked even close. It is time to act on this.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:58 am

Tannin wrote:
I've just been watching a few highlight clips from 2010. Started with Maxwell's smother, wound up with a whole stack of miracle Didak goals. And you know what? there is a player who keeps feeding him the ball, over and over, the goals come from a quick young player with a great ability to be in the right spot and deadly hands. His name? Jarrad Blair. I had forgotten how good he was, and maybe never quite realised how important he was.

If the 2014 Blair was half as good as the 2010 one, he'd be first man picked and our forward line would be feared instead of laughed at. But he's not. You wouldn't even know he is the same player.

Time to give someone else a go. If not Martin, then Kennedy, Armstrong, Broomhead, Ramsey, whoever you want, I don't care. Cull the dud and let's roll the dice on someone who just might be capable of setting our forward line alight the way Blair did in 2010 ... and hasn't ever since. He's had years to recapture his form and hasn't looked even close. It is time to act on this.

He was good when we implemented the press, he was suited to that game plan, but not our current one, what ever that is.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:18 am

Tannin wrote:

Well, I've said it before and I know it's not popular, but if you look at the last quarter of the GCS match (assuming you can bear it), you'll find that the goal Kennedy kicked and Young should have kicked, were both exactly the same. I think he's taking the rap from posters atm for other, bigger (ahem) issues in the forward line. I agree he needs to kick a few more himself, but it's goal assists that count.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:31 am

I do not think it hurts to give KM a run at the expense of someone like Blair. To be honest, in his current form, he would not perform worse than Dane Swan who has been well below par, for whatever reason, most of this season either.

As for Lachie Keefe, he was the obvious opponent for Daniher, yet we elected to have Maxy as the only tall defender option in addition to Frost. He gets injured and we are short.

I also couldn't work out why BenKen was started sub after a really good 2 weeks. Not really recognition of his improved form at senior level and his leg speed may have been handy for the entire game. Again, Josh Thomas did little as an alternative.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:33 am

Quote:
When a team loses the ball, Parkin says, players are well drilled in what they should do next. It is comparatively easy to teach. Moreover, coaches pick players to suit. A player with no defensive game is unlikely to get a regular start. And, Parkin says, the era of three tall but immobile forwards already is over. Forwards have to be able to roam to the half-back line, and back again.

http://theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afls-conundrum-where-have-all-the-goals-gone-20140716-ztrb0.html

probably could reference this article in the game plan thread too.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:13 am

We are rebuilding and there are 6 games left
martin cant be a rookie next year
so ffs try him out. What is there to lose?
as for blair he was good in 2010
crap since - look ať the 2011 grannie bloody useless.
this year he has had zero impact. Time to go!
So play the young ones!

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:20 am

^why do you say that we are rebuilding? this is not a rebuild. we still have the core of our structure in place. we are far from rebuilding.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:15 pm

I actually think the scariest thing about thompsoc's post is the invitation to "look at the 2011 grannie". That's something I propose to go to the grave without having done.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:40 pm

Transplant Kyle Martin into the mid-90's and he'd be an out-and-out star at AFL level.
A natural footballer that has had to work on his athletic aspects to get a look in in the modern game.

A bit sad the way it's going isn't it??
Football ability should be more important in playing football at the highest level than the ability to run back and forth all day..... but unfortunately, it's not the case the way the game is being coached at the moment..........

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:48 pm

^Good footballers know how to find the pill. KM is a good footballer
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:12 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Well, I've said it before and I know it's not popular, but if you look at the last quarter of the GCS match (assuming you can bear it), you'll find that the goal Kennedy kicked and Young should have kicked, were both exactly the same. I think he's taking the rap from posters atm for other, bigger (ahem) issues in the forward line. I agree he needs to kick a few more himself, but it's goal assists that count.

I agree with you on that specific example, Mugwump. I noticed that myself, and he did a couple of similar things in other games recently. My point is that he's only doing it now and again. He has a lot of bad games. A player of his experience needs to do good things more often and more reliably.

Museman 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:20 pm

King Monkey wrote:
Transplant Kyle Martin into the mid-90's and he'd be an out-and-out star at AFL level.
A natural footballer that has had to work on his athletic aspects to get a look in in the modern game.

A bit sad the way it's going isn't it??
Football ability should be more important in playing football at the highest level than the ability to run back and forth all day..... but unfortunately, it's not the case the way the game is being coached at the moment..........

fook off the interchange and voila....all fixed.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:13 pm

John Wren wrote:
^why do you say that we are rebuilding? this is not a rebuild. we still have the core of our structure in place. we are far from rebuilding.

its a rebuild
started ať the end of 2012
It is the oné thing that bucks has got right so far

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:14 pm

John Wren wrote:

its a rebuild
started ať the end of 2012
It is the oné thing that bucks has got right so far

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10   

Jump to: