Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Unsung Heros

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2000 1:32 pm
Post subject: Unsung HerosReply with quote

Iam Writing in because i think there are to many players in the Collingwood team who never get praised. Some of these players are - Scott Burns, a player who has been the backbone of the backline for 5 years and who is in my opinion the most courages player in the AFL.
-Mal Michael, a player who can play anywhere on the field, can take a good grab and kick goals, remember 2 years ago against Richmond when he punched the ball 60 metres to set up a team lifting goal in a game which we won.
- Simon Prestigiacomo, OK up untill this year he has been on the end of supporters joke, but he has really applied himself this year and when you think that he hasnt had more than 3 goals kicked against him this year he could have been the difference in 3 of our wins but i doubt anyone else thinks so.
These players and more including- Tarkyn Lokyer, James Wasley, Mark Orchard, Glenn Freeborn and Shane Obree are definetly being over shadowed by other players not because they are better but because there is alot more preesure on players like buckley and willo to do well, and i belive that the unsung heros are the reason we are top 4 material.

Christian fom Berwick.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2000 4:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I tend to agree Christian. However something nice to note: I read in the paper the other day a report saying that Scottie had now stepped up into the "elite" of footall players. It was in the Herald-Sun the other day.

------------------
CARN THE PIES!!!!!
Collingwood is all about togetherness. "We live or die as a side," Buckley said. "Everything we do now is as a team."
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2000 6:23 pm

Christian

Your comments are spot on.

Mal Michael is actually my favourite player. He's a class act and I can't wait for him to come back from injury.

And Scott Burns is one of the most courageous footballers in the game. He really is Mr.Reliable.

The other guys you mentioned are all doing a terrific job. Gone are the days when Collingwood only had one or two contributors.

------------------
**floreat pica**

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2000 5:21 pm

I reckon if you took out Bucks Mal would be our best player.

Little Orchard is such a legend too!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

Arch@M32 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:20 pm

who are the current unsungs?

they must be better than orchard and wasley.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: