Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Public support for same-sex marriage on the rise

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

couldn't give a fukk about who is allowed to marry whom. if someone wants to marry a goat let them. good luck to them.

also, all these multicoloured fb profile pics shows how much a bunch of sheeple and bandwagoners so many people are. i never knew so many of my friends had the gay community's interests at heart.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:26 pm

John Wren wrote:
couldn't give a fukk about who is allowed to marry whom. if someone wants to marry a goat let them. good luck to them.

also, all these multicoloured fb profile pics shows how much a bunch of sheeple and bandwagoners so many people are. i never knew so many of my friends had the gay community's interests at heart.

Basically ditto on both counts. all the dodgy looking rainbow profile pics.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:31 pm

stui magpie wrote:
John Wren wrote:

Tritto. except for the bit about goats, obviously. What'd goats do to deserve marriage ?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:44 am

John Wren wrote:

What's even weirder is that they're presumably all Australians. Kind of odd making such a big deal about another country's progress when same-sex marriage is still against the law here.

I should note that I've changed mine, too (to the image on the left), but I'm taking the piss so it's okay. Mr. Green

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:53 am

I am just enjoying the pissing and moaning about the legalisation of same-sex marriage on Twitter, some on Facebook now that some of the people who aren't okay with it are seeing their favourite artists and celebrities bringing out the rainbow pictures as well.

I loved the few dozen on Twitter threatening now to move to Canada because of this, they're in for an amusing surprise when they get to Canada.

I have no issue with who marries who, if a couple love each other enough to want to make that kind of commitment, go for it. No one should be told they can't marry the one they love.

I fail to see why this is such a big issue to not be allowed, I think there's so many larger problems in the world than two people of the same sex marrying.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:08 am

^People will sacrifice anyone when they feel their control on the world loosened. Rather than becoming more agile, they trap themselves in a corner which leads them to effectively heap upon the minority concerned, probably becoming more discriminatory in tone than they are in daily life. Such is the stupidity of political debate.

It really is the height of immaturity for people to put something as fleeting and stupid as public sentiment ahead of enacting and appreciating progress for others and the broader society of which they are a part.

I really couldn't give a stuff if annoying teenagers are shrieking about it, irritating hypocrites are pretending they believed it all along, opportunists are printing cringeworthy T-shirts, and slimy politicians and sycophants are jumping on the bandwagon.

None of that superficial noise will matter one iota. What will matter is the formal ownership society will have taken of the equal rights of fellow citizens, and peace-of-mind and in some cases very practical legal rights that brings.

The whiff of sour grapes about those trying to minimise that is quite telling.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:31 am

David wrote:
John Wren wrote:

What's even weirder is that they're presumably all Australians. Kind of odd making such a big deal about another country's progress when same-sex marriage is still against the law here.

I should note that I've changed mine, too (to the image on the left), but I'm taking the piss so it's okay. Mr. Green

where were all the leprechaun or four leaf clover overlays when ireland legalised same sex marriage? i guess fb hadn't endorsed it then. what if the supreme court had voted it down? would there have been an movement then to demonstrate continued support?

the folly of human behaviour.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:16 am

It's just group behaviour, really. "Everyone else is doing it; I want to do it too."
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:47 pm

The pictures were to celebrate LGBT Pride Month more than the actual legalisation of the same-sex marriage, it's just many have decided to put these pictures up in "support" of the legalisation.

I know some of my friends had showed their support of Ireland doing it, there's a few that are genuine and then there are many on the bandwagon. 'cause it seems to be the 'thing to do'

Seems every time there's a trend on Facebook my newsfeed gets filled with people, on the wagon.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:12 pm

Mugwump wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
John Wren wrote:

Tritto. except for the bit about goats, obviously. What'd goats do to deserve marriage ?

Fourtto?? (if that's a thing).

I got called narrow minded and not in support of gay marriage and got put in the 1950's category because I didn't change it.

Unfortunately the original post has been removed (I went to copy it here), but it went along the lines of:

'90% of people on my list have now changed their profile pic to rainbow and I notice about 10% haven't, I wonder why and what that says about them'

I responded with it, I support it but I don't see the need to change my profile pic because because everybody else does. It doesn't mean I support it any more or any less.

Then the abuse started. Being called narrow minded... saying I'm stuck in the 1950's... saying people who don't change their profile usually are associated with people who don't support it and usually on their lists will be 90% of people who don't change it and I wonder what it says about them.

Strewth!

I'm usually for a fad... I've got iPhones, iPads, iMac, Apple TV, Macbooks and I can't wait for Apple Car Play to his Australia.

Last edited by Brenny on Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:13 pm

The Prototype wrote:
The pictures were to celebrate LGBT Pride Month more than the actual legalisation of the same-sex marriage, it's just many have decided to put these pictures up in "support" of the legalisation.

I know some of my friends had showed their support of Ireland doing it, there's a few that are genuine and then there are many on the bandwagon. 'cause it seems to be the 'thing to do'

Seems every time there's a trend on Facebook my newsfeed gets filled with people, on the wagon.

It's just stripes on the profile pic though, I put the. On mine. One of my best friends son is gay, he and his partner of 5 years hope to marry, also another old work friend, he and his long time partner would like to do the same.

Seriously, why not? Every one has a right to suffer

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:30 pm

Brenny wrote:

I got called narrow minded and not in support of gay marriage and got put in the 1950's category because I didn't change it.

Unfortunately the original post has been removed (I went to copy it here), but it went along the lines of:

'90% of people on my list have now changed their profile pic to rainbow and I notice about 10% haven't, I wonder why and what that says about them'

I responded with it, I support it but I don't see the need to change my profile pic because because everybody else does. It doesn't mean I support it any more or any less.

Then the abuse started. Being called narrow minded... saying I'm stuck in the 1950's... saying people who don't change their profile usually are associated with people who don't support it and usually on their lists will be 90% of people who don't change it and I wonder what it says about them.

Strewth!

I'm usually for a fad... I've got iPhones, iPads, iMac, Apple TV, Macbooks and I can't wait for Apple Car Play to his Australia.

These are the people who claim to be 'tolerant'. What you're seeing is a religious style "Burn the Heretic", but in the absence of religion all the fundamentalist nutjobs need something else to persecute people for.

If you didn't tell them to 'Go **** Yourself' then you're a more patient man than I am.
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:37 pm

Wokko wrote:
Brenny wrote:

Strewth!

These are the people who claim to be 'tolerant'. What you're seeing is a religious style "Burn the Heretic", but in the absence of religion all the fundamentalist nutjobs need something else to persecute people for.

If you didn't tell them to 'Go **** Yourself' then you're a more patient man than I am.

what i have noticed of late, more and more, is that if you don't publicly (on fb and similar mediums) support the prevailing view you are considered to be against it.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:08 pm

Brenny wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
John Wren wrote:

Fourtto?? (if that's a thing).

Strewth!

If your Facebook is private, and the comments are from friends on your list, maybe look at some new friends!

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:09 pm

John Wren wrote:

Up yours, John Wren, up yours with a fishhook-stffed franger if that's your go. I'll do as I like with my profile thankyou very much, and leave it to you to figure out what it means (if anything), assuming you can crawl out of your cavern of cluelessness for long enough.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8   

Jump to: