Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Israeli/Palestinian conflict: will it ever end?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard they have a good should be rule that mods need to take part in the discussions they moderate.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:22 pm

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Tannin wrote:
They aren't white and christian, David, so they don't count. You should know that by now.

neither are the Israelis.

They are kinda pail

I suspect you mean pale.

No there are all sorts living in Israel including Caucasian, Indian- as black in skin colour as the as the Ace of Spades, Ethiopians, other Africans of black & white appearance, Chinese Asian in appearance (albeit low in numbers), Brown skin, Olive skin, white porcelain like skin. etc. It's a very multi ethnic & multi - skin coloured society. The majority would be Caucasian looking.

And on a religious front, 20% are Muslim.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:28 pm

Culprit wrote:
It's not Israels land and never has been and this is why they kill each other. Israel were given the land and now they want the lot. The only solution is Genocide as nothing else has worked. You have one group with all the sophisticated weapons known to man fighting against another group have minimal fire power virtually using sticks and stones my comparison. The group with everything lose 1 person whilst the other group loses 100.

<snip>

Alternatively Israel can just pack up and leave, but it is not that simple. Even if they did, do you honestly think the inhabitants who expanded into that area would be a peace?

Israel is not going anywhere and If you attack them there will be consequences. I am just as sure that if Hamas where not firing rockets at them , they would not be bombing Gaza.
HAL 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:31 pm

You sound very confident.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:33 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Culprit wrote:
It's not Israels land and never has been and this is why they kill each other. Israel were given the land and now they want the lot. The only solution is Genocide as nothing else has worked. You have one group with all the sophisticated weapons known to man fighting against another group have minimal fire power virtually using sticks and stones my comparison. The group with everything lose 1 person whilst the other group loses 100.

<snip>

Alternatively Israel can just pack up and leave, but it is not that simple. Even if they did, do you honestly think the inhabitants who expanded into that area would be a peace?

Israel is not going anywhere and If you attack them there will be consequences. I am just as sure that if Hamas where not firing rockets at them , they would not be bombing Gaza.

And if they weren't oppressing Gazans to begin with, they wouldn't be firing rockets at them. And so on. Not really possible to say "he started it" in this conflict.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:34 pm

Edit: oops! Wrong thread.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:15 pm

David wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
Culprit wrote:

<snip>

And if they weren't oppressing Gazans to begin with, they wouldn't be firing rockets at them. And so on. Not really possible to say "he started it" in this conflict.

All right then. She started it. She gave birth to Ishmael...Had Sarah born a son before her 99th year then all this would have been a lot simpler. & the folk today think having a baby over 30 is hard.

Then again Mohammed had multiple wives so what can I say?

Think of the pre nups. That would get messy, even harder than getting a "Get".

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:36 pm

Ooooh another <snip>
HAL 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:40 pm

Do you like talking to me?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:22 pm

I'll give the Gazan's credit, they have a very good media process and are great at playing victim and attracting sympathy.

Pity they couldn't spend some of that money feeding their own people. Rolling Eyes

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:30 pm

What money? Confused
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:40 pm

David wrote:
What money? Confused

The money they use on their media machine and that they used to build all the tunnel system under Gaza that goes into Egypt and Israel.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:25 pm

GAZA CITY The four Bakr boys were young cousins, the children of Gaza fishermen who had ordered them to stay indoors and especially away from the beach. But cooped up for nine days during Israeli bombardments, the children defied their parents and went out Wednesday afternoon, the eldest shooing away his little brother, telling him it was too dangerous.

As they played on and around a jetty in the late-afternoon sun, a blast hit a nearby shack. One boy was killed instantly. The others ran. There was a second blast, and three more bodies littered the sand. One was charred, missing a leg, and another lay motionless, his curly head intact, his legs splayed at unnatural angles.

The Israeli military acknowledged later that it had launched the strike, which it said was aimed at Hamas militants, and called the civilian deaths a tragic outcome.

The four dead boys came quickly to symbolize how the Israeli aerial assaults in Gaza are inevitably killing innocents in this crowded, impoverished sliver of land along the Mediterranean Sea. They stood out because they were inarguably blameless, children who simply wanted to play on their favorite beach, near the fishing port where their large extended family keeps its boats.

The killings also crystallized the conundrum for the 1.7 million Gazans trapped between Israels powerful military machine and the militants of Hamas and its affiliates, who fire rockets into Israel with little regard for how the response affects Gazans. Virtually imprisoned by the border controls of Israel and, increasingly, Egypt, most Gazans have nothing to do with the perennial conflict but cannot escape it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/17/world/middleeast/gaza-strip-beach-explosion-kills-children.html

Sad what a world we live in!

The world is rightly outraged by the tragic loss of innocent civilian lives as a result of what seems to be the actions of the Russian backed Ukrainian separatists who thought they were shooting down a " legitimate target" - a military plane.

We should be just as much - no even more outraged at this " tragic outcome" as these innocent KIDS were not killed by a motley crew of half tanked armed former delivery drivers but a highly trained defence force!!!

Sons of Abraham Rolling Eyes

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:05 pm

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:
What money? Confused

The money they use on their media machine and that they used to build all the tunnel system under Gaza that goes into Egypt and Israel.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that those tunnels are not just used to smuggle weapons but also food and medical provisions. These things don't exactly grow on trees in Gaza.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:04 am

Morrigu wrote:
GAZA CITY The four Bakr boys were young cousins, the children of Gaza fishermen who had ordered them to stay indoors and especially away from the beach. But cooped up for nine days during Israeli bombardments, the children defied their parents and went out Wednesday afternoon, the eldest shooing away his little brother, telling him it was too dangerous.

As they played on and around a jetty in the late-afternoon sun, a blast hit a nearby shack. One boy was killed instantly. The others ran. There was a second blast, and three more bodies littered the sand. One was charred, missing a leg, and another lay motionless, his curly head intact, his legs splayed at unnatural angles.

The Israeli military acknowledged later that it had launched the strike, which it said was aimed at Hamas militants, and called the civilian deaths a tragic outcome.

The four dead boys came quickly to symbolize how the Israeli aerial assaults in Gaza are inevitably killing innocents in this crowded, impoverished sliver of land along the Mediterranean Sea. They stood out because they were inarguably blameless, children who simply wanted to play on their favorite beach, near the fishing port where their large extended family keeps its boats.

The killings also crystallized the conundrum for the 1.7 million Gazans trapped between Israels powerful military machine and the militants of Hamas and its affiliates, who fire rockets into Israel with little regard for how the response affects Gazans. Virtually imprisoned by the border controls of Israel and, increasingly, Egypt, most Gazans have nothing to do with the perennial conflict but cannot escape it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/17/world/middleeast/gaza-strip-beach-explosion-kills-children.html

Sad what a world we live in!

The world is rightly outraged by the tragic loss of innocent civilian lives as a result of what seems to be the actions of the Russian backed Ukrainian separatists who thought they were shooting down a " legitimate target" - a military plane.

We should be just as much - no even more outraged at this " tragic outcome" as these innocent KIDS were not killed by a motley crew of half tanked armed former delivery drivers but a highly trained defence force!!!

Sons of Abraham Rolling Eyes

I just don't get it,

It's heart breaking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 4 of 18   

Jump to: