Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who stays who goes

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

With Maxy retiring today I think it starts a process for the club now maybe before they had anticipated.
We are now a defensive general down now and with Brown's body being suspect we are now in need of a key defender with experience.
Now I know it's been mentioned on here before but now do we chase Frawley hard.
There is no way we would pay him his apparent asking price of $750k.
The hawks and cats are supposedly keen on him as well.
If it was my decision I would offer him 5 years at around $550 to start increasing in later years too around $600-$650k
He would a huge asset in our back line with Brown Frost Langdon Williams Toovey Seedsman Schranberg
We definitely need some experience in our back line now and he is the only key back man up for grabs now.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:25 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
With Maxy retiring today I think it starts a process for the club now maybe before they had anticipated.
We are now a defensive general down now and with Brown's body being suspect we are now in need of a key defender with experience.
If it was my decision I would offer him 5 years at around $550 to start increasing in later years too around $600-$650k
He would a huge asset in our back line with Brown Frost Langdon Williams Toovey Seedsman Schranberg
We definitely need some experience in our back line now and he is the only key back man up for grabs now.

Funny you should mention Frawley. His name instantly came to my mind last night when I saw Twitter light up with the likely retirement of Maxy. Not sure if there are any other free agent defenders but I dare say we either need to trade for one or get a free agent because the draft won't help us for at least 1-2 years.

I guess while I'm on here , my thoughts on the list changes. About the only other likely retirements I can see would be Q-Stick and Ball. Everyone else seems to be in that prime age to keep on playing. I wonder if Swanny might shock the hell out of us and walk away too. Keep in mind this is a guy who doesn't take his footy too seriously so if he starts to get bogged down with injuries he might just decide "normal" life is the better road.

I'm sure there'll be a culling of fringe players but predicting that is a tough business.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:40 pm

I don't think we'll trade anyone unless one of the young SA boys want to head home, and that would suck cause we wouldn't get true value.

Honourable discharge :Maxy-Lynch-Huddo-Ball

Shown the door: Clarke-Yagmoor-Ramsay

Shaky ground: Mooney-Harry

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:05 am

Defender, I don't often agree with much you've got to say but I reckon your call may be very very close to spot on - with Harry excepted. He's got too many runs on the board to be shown the door - unless he retires!! He's had a very average year with a few highlights but I doubt that one average year would correlate with delisting. Not sure of contract status also.

But good call if you ask me

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:36 am

GoWoodsmen wrote:
Defender, I don't often agree with much you've got to say but I reckon your call may be very very close to spot on - with Harry excepted. He's got too many runs on the board to be shown the door - unless he retires!! He's had a very average year with a few highlights but I doubt that one average year would correlate with delisting. Not sure of contract status also.

But good call if you ask me

Harry's a hard one, I've been a massive fan over the years but his form has tapered off, it's almost got to the point where he could be dropped, What's disappointed me the most with Harry is he hasn't stepped up like a leader should when we've needed him the most, he's been very disappointing IMO.

TBH i think he's been "off" since Bucks took over, he used to let it all hang out under Mick and I think Mick encouraged that and that's what made him an AA, where I get the feeling Bucks has tried to reign him in a tad.

Harry's best football comes when he has a licence to play his way.

You like this.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:49 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:

It may just be me, I don't watch a lot of Melbourne games, but I can't recall Frawley displaying 1 iota of generalmanship while playing in the Dees defense.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:29 pm

I wouldn't touch Frawley with a ten foot clown pole.

Key defenders are developed not recruited for 750K.

Key Forwards are recruited for 750K.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:17 pm

BBHS wrote:

Agree, don't see that he offers anything more than Frost Brown or Keeffe and certainly not enough to justify becoming 1 of our highest paid players.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:47 pm

BBHS wrote:

And we "should" be getting Moore as well, Moore might be a way off playing KPF but I reckon he could play KPB next year.

You like this.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:10 pm

Out : Lynch, Maxwell, Hudson, Gault (dropped and picked up again this season and hasn't shown much, with injury hampering) , Clarke possibly Mooney, Armstrong

How often does a regular Best 22 player get dropped? So forget about Blair Young and H guys. Those suggestions are just ridiculous.

Give Jackson Ramsay a bit more time I suspect. Running, good size half back. Needs some work on his disposal.

Best guess is Ball goes around again for a final year.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:17 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
Out : Lynch, Maxwell, Hudson, Gault (dropped and picked up again this season and hasn't shown much, with injury hampering) , Clarke possibly Mooney, Armstrong

How often does a regular Best 22 player get dropped? So forget about Blair Young and H guys. Those suggestions are just ridiculous.

Give Jackson Ramsay a bit more time I suspect. Running, good size half back. Needs some work on his disposal.

Best guess is Ball goes around again for a final year.

I'd keep Gault, give him another year, he's improved since they started using him as a KF from all reports.

You like this.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:56 pm

John Wren wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Dunno about Tooves, id keep him for chrissakes. Maxy one more season, maybe Ball. Lynch, those ones in magoos who clog the list already mentioned, delist, Huddo retires, finally.

Blair and Sidey used as trade bait for a big fish like Bruest would be great but cant see that happening. !

It's not usual to trade the Copeland Trophy winner out of the Club, so that one might not happen. Of course, if we were stupid enough to trade Sidebottom for Breust, Hawthorn would leap at the deal.

First of all.

We wont be trading Sidebottom.

Second.

Hawthorn would never entertain a trade of Breust in general or for Sidebottom in particular.

Breust's a gun and probably the best small forward in the game now.

breust is not a big fish either.

He might not be a big fish but the the pond is getting smaller

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:35 am

BBHS wrote:

Agree
I dont rate Frawley that highly and dont think he is an upgrade on Brown
Salary cap needs to be considered as well
Getting Frawley and Cameron and any other name that comes up shouls wait till the off season when we can all read these threads for the laughs

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:35 am

jackcass wrote:
BBHS wrote:

Agree, don't see that he offers anything more than Frost Brown or Keeffe and certainly not enough to justify becoming 1 of our highest paid players.

Tell me what's wrong with sticking to our better performong experienced players and bringing in a host of young talented draft picks instead of going for has beens at other clubs who are nearing 30? I happily admit that I fully supported getting Luke Ball, Jolly and a few others etc at the time but with this developing team, the club environment is a lot different as in reality, we wont really be anywhere near peaking until 2016 at the earliest. So I say go with youth and get a few gems.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:09 am

Looks like there may be a change in the F/S bidding process as a consequence of Eddie's continued discussions about Sydney and the access they get to academy players. The cost of getting these players may soon become prohibitively expensive. Suggestion on the footy show last night that a player like Moore may cost a 1st and 2nd round pick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: