Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who stays who goes

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely Young must go.

Nice guy and a beautiful long kick, but he constantly wilts under pressure. I want a team of absolute mongrels.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:28 pm

That's the thing.

Outside of Frosty (who has a streak of mongrel in him for sure) we don't have any aggressive, nasty bastards who you can be assured of riling the opposition as well as dominating them.

Instead we have meek, model citizens who don't trash talk or embrace the physical clash, which is not to call them squibs either.

Young though is a squib. Very, very nervous under pressure which has already cost us a game and Hawthorn a premiership.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:41 pm

Flashman wrote:
That's the thing.

Outside of Frosty (who has a streak of mongrel in him for sure) we don't have any aggressive, nasty bastards who you can be assured of riling the opposition as well as dominating them.

Instead we have meek, model citizens who don't trash talk or embrace the physical clash, which is not to call them squibs either.

Young though is a squib. Very, very nervous under pressure which has already cost us a game and Hawthorn a premiership.

Marley Williams, Adams and Grundy enjoy smashing into opponents, but we could certainly do with a few more. I'm just a bit worried the 'Leading Teams' mentality actually weeds such types out of our club.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:49 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Flashman wrote:
That's the thing.

Marley Williams, Adams and Grundy enjoy smashing into opponents, but we could certainly do with a few more. I'm just a bit worried the 'Leading Teams' mentality actually weeds such types out of our club.

Forgot about them.

Williams hits them hard but within the rules. Grundy seems to have tempered his aggression somewhat this year and has been the poorer for it. Maybe getting penalized constantly has led to a directive to tone it down for Brodie but I'd personally wear some frees against, for a player who genuinely enjoys smashing up packs.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:12 pm

Beast wrote:
Lynch
Maxwell
Clarke
Blair
Lumumba
Hudson
Yagmoor
Ramsay

Beast I hadn't considered the rookie listed players as I am not as familiar with them. But your about the 8th person to mention Yagmoor do he may be a consideration.
Also to those posters who have mentioned trade Sidebottom whilst I have been a critic of his on this seasons performances (as I see them) there is no way in the world I would consider trading him. You don't trade elite players full stop.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:21 pm

Darkstranger wrote:
The small forward has to be Saad, we need to really make a play for this guy, can play when fit.

The worst thing that can happen is that a team like Hawthorn, Sydney or Fremantle pick him up with the depth they already have.

He'll come cheap and at only 24 a bargin.

Definitely, well worth a look

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:22 pm

There will be no major changes this off-season unless the club panics, and I don't expect it to.

We have a very good, very young, list. The older players (and they're not very old) are needed as the young players developed, and the young players won't be moved because moving players before the reach their potential is daft.

We may have 1 or 2 retirements and we'll have rookie listed players who'll be let go as well as 1 or 2 delistings. Nothing extraordinary, it will be less than the usual movement. The only way any other players get moved on is if there are particular critical pieces we are able to target in a trade (or if Bucks decides he doesn't like em Wink).

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:26 pm

John Wren wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Dunno about Tooves, id keep him for chrissakes. Maxy one more season, maybe Ball. Lynch, those ones in magoos who clog the list already mentioned, delist, Huddo retires, finally.

Blair and Sidey used as trade bait for a big fish like Bruest would be great but cant see that happening. !

It's not usual to trade the Copeland Trophy winner out of the Club, so that one might not happen. Of course, if we were stupid enough to trade Sidebottom for Breust, Hawthorn would leap at the deal.

First of all.

We wont be trading Sidebottom.

Second.

Hawthorn would never entertain a trade of Breust in general or for Sidebottom in particular.

Breust's a gun and probably the best small forward in the game now.

breust is not a big fish either.

Well we could try to coax another year out of Salmon, but you wouldn't waste a pick on an old man would ya?

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:33 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
John Wren wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Dunno about Tooves, id keep him for chrissakes. Maxy one more season, maybe Ball. Lynch, those ones in magoos who clog the list already mentioned, delist, Huddo retires, finally.

Blair and Sidey used as trade bait for a big fish like Bruest would be great but cant see that happening. !

It's not usual to trade the Copeland Trophy winner out of the Club, so that one might not happen. Of course, if we were stupid enough to trade Sidebottom for Breust, Hawthorn would leap at the deal.

First of all.

We wont be trading Sidebottom.

Second.

Hawthorn would never entertain a trade of Breust in general or for Sidebottom in particular.

Breust's a gun and probably the best small forward in the game now.

breust is not a big fish either.

Well we could try to coax another year out of Salmon, but you wouldn't waste a pick on an old man would ya?

i will ask him when i next bump into him.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:34 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Flashman wrote:
That's the thing.

There's a quiet understated hardness about a lot of our younger players; Seedsman comes to mind along with those previously mentioned, JT can be added to that list, give Martin a bloody game and you'll see he's not one to shirk the issue, Sharenberg has good wraps on him, Broomhead looks as likely as any other player his age.

I think the future looks better in terms of aggression and mental domination of the opposition, if the cards fall the right way

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:48 pm

I think Blair's one of our most mentally tough players.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:49 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
I think Blair's one of our most mentally tough players.

Mental toughness has never been the knock on him though

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:32 pm

Cannot believe some of the comments
Sidey for Bruest? FFS what are people on?
Get rid of Keeffe? NFI 203 cm backmen dont grow on trees
Hertier Young Blair have very little trade value and little guarantee that the recruiys will do better in under three years.

Also TPP and contract need to be considered remember players contract are still included in the salary cap so unless out of contract they will stay.

lihei Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:59 pm

King Malta wrote:
lihei wrote:
Harry O should not have been kept on after the race debacle with Eddie last year. Tell me what employee would have lasted after that encounter??

Just about every single one.

Name me one company that would fire an employee who spoke out about a comment like the one Eddie made. Easiest wrongful dismissal lawsuit the employee would ever win.

Maybe where you work buddy???

King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:18 pm

lihei wrote:
King Malta wrote:
lihei wrote:
Harry O should not have been kept on after the race debacle with Eddie last year. Tell me what employee would have lasted after that encounter??

Just about every single one.

Name me one company that would fire an employee who spoke out about a comment like the one Eddie made. Easiest wrongful dismissal lawsuit the employee would ever win.

Maybe where you work buddy???

Boss makes racist comment publicly. Employee questions comment publicly.

No company would risk the PR backlash and potential lawsuit that could cause.

Last edited by King Malta on Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6   

Jump to: