Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Crows - All comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one is who tags Danger, he went in dry on the Caff last time, I'd seriously consider Williams for the role! we'll need to 'help' him at the stoppages, but in general play he has the pace and the strength to go with him.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:01 pm

Defender wrote:
Another one is who tags Danger, he went in dry on the Caff last time, I'd seriously consider Williams for the role! we'll need to 'help' him at the stoppages, but in general play he has the pace and the strength to go with him.

Williams will be needed for Eddie Betts. Has done well on him before.
melliot 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:53 pm

Bux was just on 360. Martin is to be upgraded this week.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:56 pm

melliot wrote:

They should use the Pendlebury chip.

You like this.
melliot 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:07 pm

Defender wrote:
melliot wrote:

They should use the Pendlebury chip.

Not sure the Matrix will allow another Neo.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:19 pm

Good to see that Martin looks as if he'll get a game.

But, more importantly, I'm waiting to see if Reid and Elliott make the team.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:11 am

AN_Inkling wrote:

Yes, Bucks won't want to many goal kickers playing, Elliot has already kicked to many goals this year, he has to go.

You like this.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:23 am

I'm not so worried about having too many goal kickers, as too many midgets. Adding Elliott and Martin to Thomas, Kennedy and Blair has us looking a bit undersized.

I'm tipping one of those to be out for Martin. Almost certain to be Thomas or Blair.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:31 am

Quote:
Defender wrote:

AN_Inkling wrote:

Yes, Bucks won't want to many goal kickers playing, Elliot has already kicked to many goals this year, he has to go.

I just fail to see the point of such negative, sarcastic comments. Just adds nothing and really discouraging to read when one opens up the forum and hopes to find some constructive or enlightening commentary. [/quote]
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:43 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Quote:
Defender wrote:

AN_Inkling wrote:

I just fail to see the point of such negative, sarcastic comments. Just adds nothing and really discouraging to read when one opens up the forum and hopes to find some constructive or enlightening commentary.
[/quote]

Unfortunately those negative-sarcastic comments have meaning, and how does it add nothing? This is a discussion board, not a groupie site, 3 or 4 times we've gone over an hour of game time without scoring a goal this year, during those periods we've employed 2 defensive forwards (you know forwards are the guys who are supposed to kick the majority of our goals, don't you?)

You fail to see a lot of things I'm afraid, open your eyes.

Our star studded midfield gets reamed by an Ablettles GC side whilst being 100% depleted and what does our great coach do? He drops a key defender and replaces him with Maxy, you can't make this shit up.

Our home game against the GC 2 years ago, he just let Gary run rampant, we won the game comfortably but ****, why would you let the greatest player of all time to run loose? He was the one player who could make a difference that day.

Round 2: GC home game the following year, he does the same again, Gary went in dry against us, what does our great coach say? "But it worked last time" lol, I for one have seen enough of Buckleys coaching abilities.

He was a great player, he's a great bloke, but he can't coach for shit.

Please, don't get me started.

You like this.

Last edited by Bob Sugar on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:40 am

Wish we could pick ol jack Anthony, and he boots another goal after the siren giving us a one point win, from a controversial free kick again. !!

IT HAPPENED RIGHT IN FRONTA ME, RIGHT IN FRONTA ME, WE WUZ ROBBED, ROBBED I TELL YA, BOO HOO HOO. !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:43 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Wish we could pick ol jack Anthony, and he boots another goal after the siren giving us a one point win, from a controversial free kick again. !!

IT HAPPENED RIGHT IN FRONTA ME, RIGHT IN FRONTA ME, WE WUZ ROBBED, ROBBED I TELL YA, BOO HOO HOO. !!

Our players get reported for lesser things.

You like this.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:48 am

Piesnchess wrote:

We should play Chess one of these days. Smile

You like this.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:09 am

Defender wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Quote:
Defender wrote:

AN_Inkling wrote:

I just fail to see the point of such negative, sarcastic comments. Just adds nothing and really discouraging to read when one opens up the forum and hopes to find some constructive or enlightening commentary.

Quote:
Unfortunately those negative-sarcastic comments have meaning, and how does it add nothing? This is a discussion board, not a groupie site, 3 or 4 times we've gone over an hour of game time without scoring a goal this year, during those periods we've employed 2 defensive forwards (you know forwards are the guys who are supposed to kick the majority of our goals, don't you?)

Our star studded midfield gets reamed by an Ablettles GC side whilst being 100% depleted and what does our great coach do? He drops a key defender and replaces him with Maxy, you can't make this shit up.

Our home game against the GC 2 years ago, he just let Gary run rampant, we won the game comfortably but ****, why would you let the greatest player of all time to run loose? He was the one player who could make a difference that day.

Round 2: GC home game the following year, he does the same again, Gary went in dry against us, what does our great coach say? "But it worked last time" lol, I for one have seen enough of Buckleys coaching abilities.

[/quote]
Malthouse never (or very seldomly) used a tagger.

Remember back to the 2010 prelim. Ablett got 40+ and was arguably BOG yet we still thrashed them and Abletts brilliance didn't influence the result of the game one whit.

So you're saying Malthouse can't coach either because he backed his midfield ahead of the oppositions? Pretty clear Buckley shares or shared a similar philosophy but has changed his views somewhat with MaCaffer getting a tagging assignment every week now.

I've got serious concerns over his coaching and in particular some of his selections (the Keefe omission against Essendon was beyond belief) but I think he is learning on the job and has shown signs of being more flexible with none of the pig headedness which were a feature of Malthouses tenure.

My biggest problem with his coaching though is he keeps selecting the players who aren't suited to the game plan I think he's trying to implement. Fast ball movement, and attacking through the corridor is great but when you don't have a viable target across half forward because you're best forward is playing too deep and you don't have a crumbing forward because you keep giving a game to a purely defensive bloke who doesn't impact the scoreboard and we collapse up forward nearly every week then surely you must twig that changes have to be made.

If Reid plays this week we may see a forward line transformed but he's missed an awful lot of football and we can't expect miracles from him personally but my hope is the structure will be vastly improved. Play Ben Ken as a crumber and Elliott as another target and the potential is there for a more potent setup than the limp dick forward line that floundered against the Bombers.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:23 am

Flashman wrote:
Defender wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Quote:
Defender wrote:

AN_Inkling wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
Malthouse never (or very seldomly) used a tagger.

Remember back to the 2010 prelim. Ablett got 40+ and was arguably BOG yet we still thrashed them and Abletts brilliance didn't influence the result of the game one whit.

So you're saying Malthouse can't coach either because he backed his midfield ahead of the oppositions? Pretty clear Buckley shares or shared a similar philosophy but has changed his views somewhat with MaCaffer getting a tagging assignment every week now.

Not the same thing, Geelong had a smorgasbord of champions, the first 2 times we played the CG Ablett was pretty much the only one who could take the game away from us, and he did on one of those occasions.[/quote]

You like this.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 8 of 22   

Jump to: