Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Crows - All comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The jury is out on where to play Ben Reid. I think that we will swap him from the backline to forward according to the momentum of the game. As such , I don't think this is the key issue. I think the defining question is the battle of the midfield. We have lost Swan and Ball. It must be said that neither has been playing at his best, so it can be hoped that those who have replaced them will contribute even more. I think the combination of Kennedy and Martin has the potential to be very dangerous. With Jamie Elliot back to potentially create chaos in Adelaide's defence, the addition of two fast players who are good at ground level, could create futher turmoil in our forward 50. We can rely on Taylor Adam's determination and courage to go in and get the ball, plus our young, fast mids to add pace to our midfield. We need Caff to shut down Dangerfield, and we need Pendles and Beames to play at their best. Reid will play where he needs to. Bucks needs to monitor the game closely and adjust as required. I think we can bounce back.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:41 am

swoop42 wrote:
Personally I think for the first time this season our setup tomorrow of Cloke, Reid, White and just the one genuine ruck is our best mix until one of Witts or Grundy can have more impact up forward and around the ground and press there claims to replace White.

I don't expect miracles tomorrow given that Reid is still underdone but his presence will have a positive flow on affect on both Cloke and White you'd hope.

They have a massive tall & powerful forward line - Jenkins & Tex just for starters.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:50 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
The jury is out on where to play Ben Reid. I think that we will swap him from the backline to forward according to the momentum of the game. As such , I don't think this is the key issue. I think the defining question is the battle of the midfield. We have lost Swan and Ball. It must be said that neither has been playing at his best, so it can be hoped that those who have replaced them will contribute even more. I think the combination of Kennedy and Martin has the potential to be very dangerous. With Jamie Elliot back to potentially create chaos in Adelaide's defence, the addition of two fast players who are good at ground level, could create futher turmoil in our forward 50. We can rely on Taylor Adam's determination and courage to go in and get the ball, plus our young, fast mids to add pace to our midfield. We need Caff to shut down Dangerfield, and we need Pendles and Beames to play at their best. Reid will play where he needs to. Bucks needs to monitor the game closely and adjust as required. I think we can bounce back.

Reid has to play back considering what we're up against, his rebound skills will be needed.

Caff can't control danger, it would be a mistake to try it again, Williams should be given the role IMO, play Caff forward.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:18 am

watt price tully wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Personally I think for the first time this season our setup tomorrow of Cloke, Reid, White and just the one genuine ruck is our best mix until one of Witts or Grundy can have more impact up forward and around the ground and press there claims to replace White.

I don't expect miracles tomorrow given that Reid is still underdone but his presence will have a positive flow on affect on both Cloke and White you'd hope.

They have a massive tall & powerful forward line - Jenkins & Tex just for starters.

And so will we with Cloke and Reid. Wink

Do they have enough tall defenders to cover those above plus White?

It works both ways.

P.S-For the record Walker and Podsiadly are both an inch or so shorter than all our 3 tall forwards whilst Jenkins is the tallest at 199cm.

Ideally he's the sort of player that Keeffe needs to play on and beat because at 203cm he certainly has the height for it.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:23 am

^^Doesn't come close to having the strength for it though. Our only legit matchup for a Jenkins is Brown. We play Keeffe on him tomorrow but can not allow him to be isolated close to goal like he was too often last time we played them.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:41 am

Maybe White to the back line isn't as fanciful as it seems.

Jenkins while probably having his best season to date is hardly Franklin so while White may not have any significant experience in defence at AFL level (not sure about his Sydney days) surely if you keep the instructions to him simple and allow him to use his height and athleticism to shadow Jenkins wherever he goes and sacrifice any offensive side to his own game he might be able to nullify him enough.

At the very least with Reid up forward we may be able to use him across half back to help out Keeffe and Frost.

Worth considering playing a bit of old fashioned football with the ruckman filling the hole so to speak in defence.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:48 am

It's not rocket science, with our depleted midfield-inexperienced rucks and the tall timber the crows possess Reid has to play back, but knowing Buckley I wouldn't be surprised if he gave Reid the tagging job on Dangerfeild.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:11 am

The rest of the season will tell us whether this crop of players have what it takes....

If we don't win the majority of games from now on after the battering that we have deservedly received from all quarters, then Id be really concerned for the years ahead.

Are we good enough to make a statement?....

Will be answered around 6pm Sunday

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:13 am

Defender wrote:
Lions going in dry on the suns! win tomorrow and we should make the 8.

Some consolation. At this rate we'll end up in 8th a full three games behind Essendon in 7th. Rolling Eyes

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:16 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Tooves out now, makes it a bit damn tougher, bloody hell, what a year for injuries. ah well, have to rejig my tip, I still reckon we can do it, but now around 11 points, actually, I will take any win now, by anything. !

Let me guess. He was injured at training. Geez our training field should be re-named the killing field. Seriously, it is more dangerous to train at Collingwood than play. I suppose playing in dresses doesn't help either. Razz Wink

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:55 am

Game Day peoples and I'm excited.

Excited because I have absolutely no clue what we're going to serve up late this arvo. I like the team selections.... I hope we'll play the best we have in 10 weeks.... but who knows.... could be pulling what's left of my hair out by 5:15pm (yes I know that'll only be close to quarter time).

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:20 am

Scott Thompson is out for the Crows.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:27 am

Defender wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Maybe White to the back line isn't as fanciful as it seems.

Jenkins while probably having his best season to date is hardly Franklin so while White may not have any significant experience in defence at AFL level (not sure about his Sydney days) surely if you keep the instructions to him simple and allow him to use his height and athleticism to shadow Jenkins wherever he goes and sacrifice any offensive side to his own game he might be able to nullify him enough.

At the very least with Reid up forward we may be able to use him across half back to help out Keeffe and Frost.

Worth considering playing a bit of old fashioned football with the ruckman filling the hole so to speak in defence.

It's not rocket science, with our depleted midfield-inexperienced rucks and the tall timber the crows possess Reid has to play back, but knowing Buckley I wouldn't be surprised if he gave Reid the tagging job on Dangerfeild.

It is obvious that you have a real (or imagined) issue with Buckley but that statement is just sad,
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:29 am

I have a Feeling we will play really well today and best we have for a fair While.

PIES BY 40pts

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:29 am

collie dog wrote:
Defender wrote:
Lions going in dry on the suns! win tomorrow and we should make the 8.

Some consolation. At this rate we'll end up in 8th a full three games behind Essendon in 7th. Rolling Eyes

What a wonderful and competitive spirit you have. You demonstrate no faith in our club and players. Let's just end the season now. WTF is wrong with you?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22   

Jump to: