Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Throw me a positive!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:27 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

collie dog wrote:
Say whatever you like about Jack Spain. I don't care. But I know this. Jack Spain was right in his assessment of the club before he got thrown off Nicks. Who could dispute that now?

Was that when you wanted Malthouse sacked and replaced with Buckley or when you changed your mind and wanted Malthouse's contract extended? I forget. Wink

E 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:59 am

The pies have been overtraining to set themselves up for a crack at September glory and they will start to taper after the bye so we should be able to play footy again soon.

Port is also doing it so look for both port and Collingwood to win back their early season form in the coming weeks.

Pies keen to create history by being the first team to win the flag from 8th.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:09 pm

collie dog wrote:
magirl wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
magirl wrote:
Hi Jack Spain

WTF?

Sorry. My bad.

Maybe your avatar bringing back g=false memories. or maybe it is my 4th scotch trying to deal with today

Say whatever you like about Jack Spain. I don't care. But I know this. Jack Spain was right in his assessment of the club before he got thrown off Nicks. Who could dispute that now?

Oh please... thrown off... if only it were that simple!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:13 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: it is easy to predict AFL doom and gloom and be accurate. If you asked someone who came from another planet, had never seen footy and had no understanding of the uncertainties of sport how the 'Pies would go in the coming season and that being said "Collingwood can't win the flag this year", they'd have a 94.5% chance of being correct before the first game of any season. Mere miserable negativity without a balanced critique adds nothing to the debate.

It's much, much harder to make a realistic appraisal of how the team's long-term prospects are shaping when things are poor on the field.

The team has been developing well and has uncovered a number of apparently capable senior players this year. Unfortunately, it looks like the kids have hit a wall and the few top-flight, experienced players can't carry the kids through this part of the year. Things might have been different if the reserves stocks hadn't been so challenged with injuries. I thought the 'Pies were probably a 6 to 10 team this season, depending upon who improved, who went backwards and who couldn't get on the park. That still looks about right (despite the ridiculous criticisms of that view posted by some over-optimists earlier in the year) and will be no great disappointment. And no, I won't like that and won't be satisfied about it. I am fiercely competitive in my business life, hate failure and under-achievement in any field of activity and, when it comes to Collingwood, break furniture every time the opposition kicks a goal, let alone when the 'Pies don't win. In that context, if I can be balanced about how the team is going, I suspect the negativism exhibited on here of late says more about the mental state of the posters than it does about the Club's progress.

Well said.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:28 pm

jackspain's dog wrote:

Say whatever you like about Jack Spain, teaching his dog to type is a feat worthy of admiration.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:08 pm

3.14159 wrote:
jackspain's dog wrote:

Say whatever you like about Jack Spain, teaching his dog to type is a feat worthy of admiration.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:20 pm

Throw me a positive?

We're not St Kilda Very Happy
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:27 pm

Ummmmm.........nothing comes to mind. Crying or Very sad
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:47 pm

jackcass wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: it is easy to predict AFL doom and gloom and be accurate. If you asked someone who came from another planet, had never seen footy and had no understanding of the uncertainties of sport how the 'Pies would go in the coming season and that being said "Collingwood can't win the flag this year", they'd have a 94.5% chance of being correct before the first game of any season. Mere miserable negativity without a balanced critique adds nothing to the debate.

It's much, much harder to make a realistic appraisal of how the team's long-term prospects are shaping when things are poor on the field.

The team has been developing well and has uncovered a number of apparently capable senior players this year. Unfortunately, it looks like the kids have hit a wall and the few top-flight, experienced players can't carry the kids through this part of the year. Things might have been different if the reserves stocks hadn't been so challenged with injuries. I thought the 'Pies were probably a 6 to 10 team this season, depending upon who improved, who went backwards and who couldn't get on the park. That still looks about right (despite the ridiculous criticisms of that view posted by some over-optimists earlier in the year) and will be no great disappointment. And no, I won't like that and won't be satisfied about it. I am fiercely competitive in my business life, hate failure and under-achievement in any field of activity and, when it comes to Collingwood, break furniture every time the opposition kicks a goal, let alone when the 'Pies don't win. In that context, if I can be balanced about how the team is going, I suspect the negativism exhibited on here of late says more about the mental state of the posters than it does about the Club's progress.

Well said.

Magnificent post.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:50 pm

We won the VFL Game on Saturday
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:48 pm

We didn't get anyone reported...
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:43 pm

We are not Essendon. We do not rely on inflated salary caps. We do not go begging for money.

Onfield there were no positives yesterday. It was ugly, ugly, ugly.

I haven't changed my mind that we are generally on the right track. My biggest concern is that we have had truckloads of injuries since mid 2011. The team has had no stability for 3 seasons and no cohesion because of this. Bucks said at the start of the year he didn't know what our best team is. Here we are with only six games to go and we are not much closer to knowing what our best team is. The re-injure rate is a chronic issue.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:38 pm

I finally decided to take out a Melbourne Victory membership next season and ditch the expensive Collingwood one. Razz

Soccer is on the up and up people. Get in before the rush.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:32 pm

Delete.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:58 pm

collie dog wrote:
I finally decided to take out a Melbourne Victory membership next season and ditch the expensive Collingwood one. Razz

Soccer is on the up and up people. Get in before the rush.

So we won’t be seeing you here then?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: