Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We need to seriously consider a coaching change.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
Defender wrote:
Skids wrote:
DEFENDER SAID ...

Accepting mediocrity doesn't make you a more passionate-loyal supporter, it makes you a moron

See .... now you're the moron. Who are you to judge what somebody else accepts or doesn't accept. Sure, I'm not wrapped with the last month of footy the boys have dished up but hey, it happens. Always has, always will. Different times see different teams at different positions on the ladder.
I tell ya what, I been watchin' the Pies for decades. How goid were the flags of '90 & '10?
We'll be around the place this year and I reckon we're on the rite track. Don't blame inhuries you say or bucks caused ' em and all the other bile you know alls spruke. Geez, pull ya head in .... I can't wait to see the egg on your face the next coupla years. You'll change your user name and crawl out from under your rock and praise up the new messiah. Yep, I'm done.

.tl;dr

Quoted for eloquence Very Happy

AND extremely intelligent and thoughful comments, a bit of a rarity lately on Nick's..... Exclamation
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:09 am

Defender wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
Defender wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Woods Of Ypres wrote:

here we go again
blah blah we are '"perceptive fellow"' blah blah blah
do you ever post anything different?
getting tired of reading your predictable rants

Do me and others a favour, don’t read or respond to my posts. If you cant see the vast difference between a loyal, passionate Collingwood supporter's post and posts from fair weather "perceptive fellow" fans who put shit of the club we really love and all in it including the players after every single bloody loss (as if we are meant to go undefeated all season, every bloody season!), you and I are on far different wavelengths and/or planets and never the Twain shall meet........ Rolling Eyes

Accepting mediocrity doesn't make you a more passionate-loyal supporter, it makes you a moron.

Actually, offering no solutions and wanting change for change sake - now that's MORONIC.

I've offered a solution, get rid of Buckley.

Start a petition then. Contact the club, Eddie, maybe even Bucks. State your prefered alternatives for discussion. Get something going in the radio and TV media. Or maybe even a Nick's poll. See how you go...... Rolling Eyes
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:13 am

oops

Last edited by Member 7167 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
mudlark 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:20 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
mudlark wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
mudlark wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
I'm prepared to cut Bucks some slack. He's had it tough at the selection table with all the injuries and being forced to play young inexperienced players or players out of position. Lets not underestimate just how much change this team and club have endured over the past 24 months. It takes time for things to settle. Now that I've calmed down a bit from the weekend, I believe that there are many positives. Yes, we have some structural issues but they will be resolved once we regain some of our experienced players. There are a few spots on the list that could be filled by doing a few deals at the draft table. It's obvious we need another backman and an experienced one at that. I like Brown but his body doesn't like him and we can't rely on a bloke who's a constant threat of breaking down. Hopefully the club can do what they can to get him right. We have the most inexperienced backline in the competition and we're 8th. That's actually not a bad effort. I appreciate all of what Maxwell has done for us but I think his time might be up. So yes there is a need for 1-2 players to come in to fill that role or we move someone down back.

Our mids are struggling and that's obvious to see. I think we lack some serious spark and pace in that department. ON paper it's an A-grade midfield but it's a mixture of guys in their prime and guys who are just starting out and not yet accustomed to the role. We need 1-2 mature bodied guys capable of breaking the lines and hitting up targets. Freeman and Scharenberg will be those players in the future perhaps but not while they're sitting out injured. Hopefully they come good. I'm talking bigger bodied mids and not the pint sized types we have an abundance of.

Now for the forward line which is struggling greatly. It's clear that Cloke needs help and it hasn't worked having Reid injured all year along with Fasolo too. Elliott is great up forward but he'll move into the midfield next year I'm sure. Should Swan play as a permanent forward? White hasn't been as effectual as we would have liked. A bloke his size should be crashing packs and making teams shudder but it's not working. We see brief glimpses of his capabilities but that's about it. I don't think we'll see Caff go forward again. It worked in 2010 but he's a prime tagger now. There's Goldsack too who can play both fwd/back. But I'm talking about another goalsneak who can feed off the packs and snag 2-3 goals a game.

Our game plan hasn't worked on all teams and will take time to develop. There are things we're doing right and much we're doing wrong. We get caught on the spread and counterattack far too much and that defensive mindset from 2010-11 seems to have gone. At times we looked lost and confused - handballing ourselves into a frenzy. Teams constantly pressure us into making mistakes. Our ball users are at times sloppy and this kills us. It also needs to be rectified because there's no excuse for not hitting up targets. I'm sick of seeing this team work so hard to get the ball only to give it away cheaply and have no one there to stop it.

Maybe some players need to be moved on I don't know. Our rucks will be great in the future, but they need time to grow into the role. Another mature age ruck would be good. I guess if we're serious about having a crack at a flag within three years then we need to make the big calls on a few players. In 2010 we brought in the missing pieces to the puzzle in Jolly and Ball.

How bloody pleasing that you are "Going to cut Bucks some slack"!!! What with the injuries and all?? Are you frickin kidding?? We have had,for the best part of the entire season,the entire backline,that one could expect to be the run on backline,out injured at any given time.2 weeks ago we had 7 players out,who ALL played in the backline,and we had all the kids trying to do the job of all Australians and premiership players.Give us a break FFS. This disrupts the entire team,the balance AND the game plan,when inexperienced kids don't measure up to the couch potatoes lofty standards.Same advise that Defender got.If you don't like it LEAVE!!

Sorry sunshine but I ain't going nowhere and I think you should calm down. You obviously haven't had your daily dose of Valium yet. No need to get all hysterical now. I say 'cut him some slack' because not many people here do. I do support Bucks, the coaching staff and the players. Like most of us here, I've been searching for answers and ways in which this team could improve. It's frustrating and I do get frustrated at not seeing us perform to a certain standard, but I accept the reasons why. I think our backline have done exceptionally well this season.

Well shucks WW,looks like you've "Cut me some slack"!! Don't need Valium toosh,I see it it as it is.If you can't see the forrest for the trees you can post your crap as long as you like.You back peddle faster than the Mad Monk does after making a promise.The facts are we are missing Our full back,CHB a back flanker,last week it was 3 others,we had Toovey and Lumumba out at the start and the "Wonder kid" Langdon has started to burn out a bit,without the solidity of experience around him. I see this "Sunshine"??? and I accept that the kids are NOT as good as we all think,YET!! Maybe they will be ,maybe they won't.

You're bordering on the brink of insanity with some of the dribble you come out with. I know what the 'facts' are. Did you actually read my post? Did I call for the list to be culled... the coaching staff to be sacked... No! I simply conceded that we have deficiencies in some positions which could be filled by drafting in some experienced players from other clubs to assist. This is a public forum which encourages debate. You might see the 'facts' but I see what could be done better to reach the ultimate goal of winning a premiership sooner. So, do we persevere with a young and inexperienced line up week in week out or do we bring in new players to help them? And I never back peddled. We have structural issues, we have issues with form and injuries and I suspect that some players are probably mentally fatigued from the long season and current form slump. I think Langdon has been great for us and will potentially become a great player as will many others in the squad like Seedsman and Williams. Our backline as a whole has performed very well under the circumstances and under duress. All things take time and we will get there. But, if we are to have a crack at a flag within the next 3 years as Gary Pert said, then we need to bring in some players to fill the holes we have. Our younger players will take time to mature and become better players. While you focus on the present, I focus on the future and what could be done better to achieve a premiership sooner. Do you want to see us spend 10 years rebuilding like the other low life clubs below us???

Read my lips.Our entire backline is or has been missing for pert near the entire season.Tonight we lose another in Swan who has been injured for who know's how long and when we DID have a semblance of a decent side we threatened a top 2 position. And pray tell WHO will we get. We couldn't catch a cold man!!! Quinlan?No.Lockett? No. Judd? No. Buddy? we've got Cloke.
Who?? Let us all know WHO we will get to "Bolster" us!!And then you can take a few Moggies and go back to bed.I'll just keep ranting without my pills.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:22 pm
Post subject: YesReply with quote

Bucks stays and that's all there is to it. The issue at Collingwood is not the coaching alone. It is the culture of arrogance and power. Too many ego smarties have got too much power. Boozie types in business who think they know it all because they are in Aussie business. They bring a contemptuous attitude to football clubs, where fans don't count. They are in it for the media attention, power, money, and the royal treatment they get when they go to the footy, compared to you and I. Simple ego driven types who love power. They strut around as though everyone should think they are special. Actually they are wreckers of a great Club. They are little people in a backwater country like Australia in a simple backward town like Melbourne. Football has made them into home town celebs which in itself is quiet tragic. Our Club needs to fail before it will rebuild. And the way things are going it surely will.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:27 pm
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Bucks stays and that's all there is to it. The issue at Collingwood is not the coaching alone. It is the culture of arrogance and power. Too many ego smarties have got too much power. Boozie types in business who think they know it all because they are in Aussie business. They bring a contemptuous attitude to football clubs, where fans don't count. They are in it for the media attention, power, money, and the royal treatment they get when they go to the footy, compared to you and I. Simple ego driven types who love power. They strut around as though everyone should think they are special. Actually they are wreckers of a great Club. They are little people in a backwater country like Australia in a simple backward town like Melbourne. Football has made them into home town celebs which in itself is quiet tragic. Our Club needs to fail before it will rebuild. And the way things are going it surely will.

Love it Hiss, you're the man! Supreme overlord of the sadsacks.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:44 pm

Defender wrote:
Hiss wrote:

A "perceptive fellow" is a term used by bogan intellects that is moreover reflective of their low mental ability to debate on the issue. Collingwood fans are some of the dumbest in the AFL lets face it. We have too many losers that follow us. It is any wonder our Club was so easy to hijack.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:50 pm

Hiss wrote:
Defender wrote:
Hiss wrote:

A "perceptive fellow" is a term used by bogan intellects that is moreover reflective of their low mental ability to debate on the issue. Collingwood fans are some of the dumbest in the AFL lets face it. We have too many losers that follow us. It is any wonder our Club was so easy to hijack.

I agree, that's what the sunshine & lollipop brigade call us.

You like this.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:38 am

Hiss wrote:
Defender wrote:
Hiss wrote:

with bertha as your missus i get why you are a "perceptive fellow" literally and figuratively speaking.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:10 am

Lazza wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Defender wrote:
Skids wrote:
DEFENDER SAID ...

Accepting mediocrity doesn't make you a more passionate-loyal supporter, it makes you a moron

See .... now you're the moron. Who are you to judge what somebody else accepts or doesn't accept. Sure, I'm not wrapped with the last month of footy the boys have dished up but hey, it happens. Always has, always will. Different times see different teams at different positions on the ladder.
I tell ya what, I been watchin' the Pies for decades. How goid were the flags of '90 & '10?
We'll be around the place this year and I reckon we're on the rite track. Don't blame inhuries you say or bucks caused ' em and all the other bile you know alls spruke. Geez, pull ya head in .... I can't wait to see the egg on your face the next coupla years. You'll change your user name and crawl out from under your rock and praise up the new messiah. Yep, I'm done.

.tl;dr

Quoted for eloquence Very Happy

AND extremely intelligent and thoughful comments, a bit of a rarity lately on Nick's..... Exclamation

Too Long - Didn't read - Says it all. Talk about a selective view point of reality.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:20 pm

[quote="John Wren"]
Hiss wrote:
Defender wrote:
Hiss wrote:

with bertha as your missus i get why you are a "perceptive fellow" literally and figuratively speaking.[/quote

Stop using the name of a great Collingwood legend. You are essentially the root cause of the problems with our Club. A low achiever who comes on here pretending to know lots about football. Go away, get a life, and stop feeding of my posts. You add neither humour or substance to anything said on here. Sod off.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:26 pm

[quote="Hiss"]
John Wren wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Defender wrote:
Hiss wrote:

with bertha as your missus i get why you are a "perceptive fellow" literally and figuratively speaking.[/quote

Stop using the name of a great Collingwood legend. You are essentially the root cause of the problems with our Club. A low achiever who comes on here pretending to know lots about football. Go away, get a life, and stop feeding of my posts. You add neither humour or substance to anything said on here. Sod off.

You crack me up hiss. Very Happy

You like this.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:01 pm

[quote="Defender"]
Hiss wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Hiss wrote:
Defender wrote:
Hiss wrote:

You crack me up hiss. Very Happy

He is working up to season's best form I suspect.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:51 pm

Defender wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Woods Of Ypres wrote:

here we go again

Do me and others a favour, don’t read or respond to my posts. If you cant see the vast difference between a loyal, passionate Collingwood supporter's post and posts from fair weather "perceptive fellow" fans who put shit of the club we really love and all in it including the players after every single bloody loss (as if we are meant to go undefeated all season, every bloody season!), you and I are on far different wavelengths and/or planets and never the Twain shall meet........ Rolling Eyes

Accepting mediocrity doesn't make you a more passionate-loyal supporter, it makes you a moron.

Who said anything about accepting mediocrity. I personally won't be happy with anything less than finals and premierships. That doesn't mean I can't acknowledge there are issues that will likely deny that outcome in 2014, none of which require me to call for the sacking of the coaching staff, the administration, or any of the playing group until those decision can be made in a calm rational manner.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:57 pm

Defender wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
Defender wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Woods Of Ypres wrote:

here we go again

Actually, offering no solutions and wanting change for change sake - now that's MORONIC.

I've offered a solution, get rid of Buckley.

I look forward to the AGM and your attempt to oust the board. Should be fun. Who'll be your running mates?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11   

Jump to: