Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We need to seriously consider a coaching change.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve86 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

you lot are deluded honestly. Yeah we played like shizer on sunday but we have about 6-8 guys that will be in this side either before the year is over or next year and we will start pumping teams. We have had 11-12 sub 50 game players on the park all year... it was going to catch up with us eventually. Can't play finals every bloody year the system isn't designed for that.

When we played an 'undermanned' hawks they had 30 games average more experience. Thats about how far off we are (potentially) winning a premiership... a year or 2.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:32 am

WarrenerraW wrote:
mudlark wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
I'm prepared to cut Bucks some slack. He's had it tough at the selection table with all the injuries and being forced to play young inexperienced players or players out of position. Lets not underestimate just how much change this team and club have endured over the past 24 months. It takes time for things to settle. Now that I've calmed down a bit from the weekend, I believe that there are many positives. Yes, we have some structural issues but they will be resolved once we regain some of our experienced players. There are a few spots on the list that could be filled by doing a few deals at the draft table. It's obvious we need another backman and an experienced one at that. I like Brown but his body doesn't like him and we can't rely on a bloke who's a constant threat of breaking down. Hopefully the club can do what they can to get him right. We have the most inexperienced backline in the competition and we're 8th. That's actually not a bad effort. I appreciate all of what Maxwell has done for us but I think his time might be up. So yes there is a need for 1-2 players to come in to fill that role or we move someone down back.

Our mids are struggling and that's obvious to see. I think we lack some serious spark and pace in that department. ON paper it's an A-grade midfield but it's a mixture of guys in their prime and guys who are just starting out and not yet accustomed to the role. We need 1-2 mature bodied guys capable of breaking the lines and hitting up targets. Freeman and Scharenberg will be those players in the future perhaps but not while they're sitting out injured. Hopefully they come good. I'm talking bigger bodied mids and not the pint sized types we have an abundance of.

Now for the forward line which is struggling greatly. It's clear that Cloke needs help and it hasn't worked having Reid injured all year along with Fasolo too. Elliott is great up forward but he'll move into the midfield next year I'm sure. Should Swan play as a permanent forward? White hasn't been as effectual as we would have liked. A bloke his size should be crashing packs and making teams shudder but it's not working. We see brief glimpses of his capabilities but that's about it. I don't think we'll see Caff go forward again. It worked in 2010 but he's a prime tagger now. There's Goldsack too who can play both fwd/back. But I'm talking about another goalsneak who can feed off the packs and snag 2-3 goals a game.

Our game plan hasn't worked on all teams and will take time to develop. There are things we're doing right and much we're doing wrong. We get caught on the spread and counterattack far too much and that defensive mindset from 2010-11 seems to have gone. At times we looked lost and confused - handballing ourselves into a frenzy. Teams constantly pressure us into making mistakes. Our ball users are at times sloppy and this kills us. It also needs to be rectified because there's no excuse for not hitting up targets. I'm sick of seeing this team work so hard to get the ball only to give it away cheaply and have no one there to stop it.

Maybe some players need to be moved on I don't know. Our rucks will be great in the future, but they need time to grow into the role. Another mature age ruck would be good. I guess if we're serious about having a crack at a flag within three years then we need to make the big calls on a few players. In 2010 we brought in the missing pieces to the puzzle in Jolly and Ball.

How bloody pleasing that you are "Going to cut Bucks some slack"!!! What with the injuries and all?? Are you frickin kidding?? We have had,for the best part of the entire season,the entire backline,that one could expect to be the run on backline,out injured at any given time.2 weeks ago we had 7 players out,who ALL played in the backline,and we had all the kids trying to do the job of all Australians and premiership players.Give us a break FFS. This disrupts the entire team,the balance AND the game plan,when inexperienced kids don't measure up to the couch potatoes lofty standards.Same advise that Defender got.If you don't like it LEAVE!!

Sorry sunshine but I ain't going nowhere and I think you should calm down. You obviously haven't had your daily dose of Valium yet. No need to get all hysterical now. I say 'cut him some slack' because not many people here do. I do support Bucks, the coaching staff and the players. Like most of us here, I've been searching for answers and ways in which this team could improve. It's frustrating and I do get frustrated at not seeing us perform to a certain standard, but I accept the reasons why. I think our backline have done exceptionally well this season.

Well shucks WW,looks like you've "Cut me some slack"!! Don't need Valium toosh,I see it it as it is.If you can't see the forrest for the trees you can post your crap as long as you like.You back peddle faster than the Mad Monk does after making a promise.The facts are we are missing Our full back,CHB a back flanker,last week it was 3 others,we had Toovey and Lumumba out at the start and the "Wonder kid" Langdon has started to burn out a bit,without the solidity of experience around him. I see this "Sunshine"??? and I accept that the kids are NOT as good as we all think,YET!! Maybe they will be ,maybe they won't.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:38 am

Steve86 wrote:
you lot are deluded honestly. Yeah we played like shizer on sunday but we have about 6-8 guys that will be in this side either before the year is over or next year and we will start pumping teams. We have had 11-12 sub 50 game players on the park all year... it was going to catch up with us eventually. Can't play finals every bloody year the system isn't designed for that.

When we played an 'undermanned' hawks they had 30 games average more experience. Thats about how far off we are (potentially) winning a premiership... a year or 2.

I think that's an excellent post, I agree with almost all of it. Only differ on one aspect: "Can't play finals every bloody year."

Yeah we can. We do. Very Happy

Still the people want more

BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:58 am

Yeah get rid of Lappin don't care if he's doing a good job or not he's a Carlton club plant lol
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:10 am

BBHS wrote:
Yeah get rid of Lappin don't care if he's doing a good job or not he's a Carlton club plant lol

Agreed send him back to frankston station to bum smokes Very Happy

www.facebook/the hybernators
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:11 pm

3rd degree wrote:
BBHS wrote:

Agreed send him back to frankston station to bum smokes Very Happy

Ha ha he's hitting up People out the front of the CES as we type
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:47 pm

mudlark wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
mudlark wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
I'm prepared to cut Bucks some slack. He's had it tough at the selection table with all the injuries and being forced to play young inexperienced players or players out of position. Lets not underestimate just how much change this team and club have endured over the past 24 months. It takes time for things to settle. Now that I've calmed down a bit from the weekend, I believe that there are many positives. Yes, we have some structural issues but they will be resolved once we regain some of our experienced players. There are a few spots on the list that could be filled by doing a few deals at the draft table. It's obvious we need another backman and an experienced one at that. I like Brown but his body doesn't like him and we can't rely on a bloke who's a constant threat of breaking down. Hopefully the club can do what they can to get him right. We have the most inexperienced backline in the competition and we're 8th. That's actually not a bad effort. I appreciate all of what Maxwell has done for us but I think his time might be up. So yes there is a need for 1-2 players to come in to fill that role or we move someone down back.

Our mids are struggling and that's obvious to see. I think we lack some serious spark and pace in that department. ON paper it's an A-grade midfield but it's a mixture of guys in their prime and guys who are just starting out and not yet accustomed to the role. We need 1-2 mature bodied guys capable of breaking the lines and hitting up targets. Freeman and Scharenberg will be those players in the future perhaps but not while they're sitting out injured. Hopefully they come good. I'm talking bigger bodied mids and not the pint sized types we have an abundance of.

Now for the forward line which is struggling greatly. It's clear that Cloke needs help and it hasn't worked having Reid injured all year along with Fasolo too. Elliott is great up forward but he'll move into the midfield next year I'm sure. Should Swan play as a permanent forward? White hasn't been as effectual as we would have liked. A bloke his size should be crashing packs and making teams shudder but it's not working. We see brief glimpses of his capabilities but that's about it. I don't think we'll see Caff go forward again. It worked in 2010 but he's a prime tagger now. There's Goldsack too who can play both fwd/back. But I'm talking about another goalsneak who can feed off the packs and snag 2-3 goals a game.

Our game plan hasn't worked on all teams and will take time to develop. There are things we're doing right and much we're doing wrong. We get caught on the spread and counterattack far too much and that defensive mindset from 2010-11 seems to have gone. At times we looked lost and confused - handballing ourselves into a frenzy. Teams constantly pressure us into making mistakes. Our ball users are at times sloppy and this kills us. It also needs to be rectified because there's no excuse for not hitting up targets. I'm sick of seeing this team work so hard to get the ball only to give it away cheaply and have no one there to stop it.

Maybe some players need to be moved on I don't know. Our rucks will be great in the future, but they need time to grow into the role. Another mature age ruck would be good. I guess if we're serious about having a crack at a flag within three years then we need to make the big calls on a few players. In 2010 we brought in the missing pieces to the puzzle in Jolly and Ball.

How bloody pleasing that you are "Going to cut Bucks some slack"!!! What with the injuries and all?? Are you frickin kidding?? We have had,for the best part of the entire season,the entire backline,that one could expect to be the run on backline,out injured at any given time.2 weeks ago we had 7 players out,who ALL played in the backline,and we had all the kids trying to do the job of all Australians and premiership players.Give us a break FFS. This disrupts the entire team,the balance AND the game plan,when inexperienced kids don't measure up to the couch potatoes lofty standards.Same advise that Defender got.If you don't like it LEAVE!!

Sorry sunshine but I ain't going nowhere and I think you should calm down. You obviously haven't had your daily dose of Valium yet. No need to get all hysterical now. I say 'cut him some slack' because not many people here do. I do support Bucks, the coaching staff and the players. Like most of us here, I've been searching for answers and ways in which this team could improve. It's frustrating and I do get frustrated at not seeing us perform to a certain standard, but I accept the reasons why. I think our backline have done exceptionally well this season.

Well shucks WW,looks like you've "Cut me some slack"!! Don't need Valium toosh,I see it it as it is.If you can't see the forrest for the trees you can post your crap as long as you like.You back peddle faster than the Mad Monk does after making a promise.The facts are we are missing Our full back,CHB a back flanker,last week it was 3 others,we had Toovey and Lumumba out at the start and the "Wonder kid" Langdon has started to burn out a bit,without the solidity of experience around him. I see this "Sunshine"??? and I accept that the kids are NOT as good as we all think,YET!! Maybe they will be ,maybe they won't.

You're bordering on the brink of insanity with some of the dribble you come out with. I know what the 'facts' are. Did you actually read my post? Did I call for the list to be culled... the coaching staff to be sacked... No! I simply conceded that we have deficiencies in some positions which could be filled by drafting in some experienced players from other clubs to assist. This is a public forum which encourages debate. You might see the 'facts' but I see what could be done better to reach the ultimate goal of winning a premiership sooner. So, do we persevere with a young and inexperienced line up week in week out or do we bring in new players to help them? And I never back peddled. We have structural issues, we have issues with form and injuries and I suspect that some players are probably mentally fatigued from the long season and current form slump. I think Langdon has been great for us and will potentially become a great player as will many others in the squad like Seedsman and Williams. Our backline as a whole has performed very well under the circumstances and under duress. All things take time and we will get there. But, if we are to have a crack at a flag within the next 3 years as Gary Pert said, then we need to bring in some players to fill the holes we have. Our younger players will take time to mature and become better players. While you focus on the present, I focus on the future and what could be done better to achieve a premiership sooner. Do you want to see us spend 10 years rebuilding like the other low life clubs below us???
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:25 pm

We will never win a premiership with The Spud in charge.

And it will continue to get worse as long as The Spud stays.

The Spud must go.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:27 pm

Flashman wrote:
Hinkley inherited a piece of shit Port side and got it into finals in his first year and contending for top 4 in his second. All the while playing an exciting and exhilarating brand of football.

Buckley inherited an outstanding Collingwood side and has taken it steadily and rapidly backwards in an extraordinary space of time. Plus we play a woeful, boring and error ridden brand of football that every decent club in the AFL has worked out and found wanting.

Yeah I do blame the coach for so much. He's taken away the spirit of this side. Moving on Heater, falling out with Didak. Jolly etc, making Swan, Lumumba and Cloke lesser players. He's ultimately responsible and no one else.

Rubbish, all the peices were in place in terms of the list. Wines (a top 10 draft pick), Monfries and White were the only additions to the playing stocks. All he had to do was clean a few cob webs out from between a few sets of ears.

As to the quality of our list that is extremely debatable. Lots of kids and lots of ageing players, not too much in between.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:31 pm

September Zeros wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Seriously,how low do we have to go before the club moves him on?I have a feeling that if his name wasn't Nathan Buckley he would have been moved on by now.

Yep, you only have to look at Carlton and how much better they are since they moved on Ratten. Mick has taken them ahead in leaps and bounds. Clearly Ratten was a rubbish coach and the players were nothing to do with the problem.

Questions need to be asked re selection and game plan, but calling for players and coaches heads every week is reactionary and childish.

Borderline hysterical.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:34 pm

I support Bucks. I am rather surprised that the team has an oversupply of one percenter-defensive forwards, slow extractors and poor kicks across many parts of the ground. This is the opposite of what I thought a Bucks team would look like. Then again, when Reid, Broomhead, Freeman, Scharenberg, Fasolo and Elliot are playing every week it may well be a different looking team. I thought a Bucks team would be elite kicks, quick and great decision makers who had a ruthless streak. I can only think the continued selection of the current types is to provide an example of effort and defensive desperation that he is trying to set as an example to all the list. But gee I hope it doesn't take five years.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:36 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:
After winning their flags and losing in 2004, Lions finished 11th in 2006.

After winning in 2006, the Eagles finished 11th in 2008.

This logic that says Bucks inherited a grand final side and should be winning flags with it is munted. A team prepped to win in 2011 that is good enough to win a flag a year early is most certainly not primed to win a flag in 2012-14.

Buckley's biggest problem is that he coaches a team supported by fans who have been spoilt rotten. We've been involved in more consecutive finals series than any other current team and right now we're shitty because we might not make another. I mean we're still in the eight but it isn't a lock yet. How dare Buckley make us wonder as late as July whether we will play in finals? We should be undefeated and $1.10 for the flag by now.

He has a career winning percentage of 62.5%. It's really quite good. 40 wins and 21 losses.

He isn't coaching from week to week and trying all out to win each and every game, he has a long view and is building a better team. Not rebuilding, just building. Not tanking, just not coaching like there is no tomorrow because there is always a tomorrow.

And tomorrow is still bright people

Oh thank God. A voice of reason amongst all the doom and gloom. I was getting ready to run a nice warm bath, put some Cohen on the stereo and have a good slash up!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:39 pm
Post subject: Re: WowReply with quote

schuey07 wrote:
He also has a very important job of licking windows, so I don't think he will have the time.

What a lowlife attack on a kid with an Autism Spectrum Disorder, I hope you're really proud of yourself.

Mods, this is a disgrace and needs to be removed and this idiot banned.

Last edited by jackcass on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:42 pm

rocketronnie wrote:

The Spud must go.

I was confident two losses in a row would drag you out from under your rock so that you could add a little poison to the mix. When was the last time you had something positive to say in resect to my team? (certainly could not be our team)
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:05 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:

The Spud must go.

I was confident two losses in a row would drag you out from under your rock so that you could add a little poison to the mix. When was the last time you had something positive to say in resect to my team? (certainly could not be our team)

How is the Committee For UnCollingwood Activities going BTW? Still kicking goals headkicking dissenters because you can't cope with what they have to say?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11   

Jump to: