Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We need to seriously consider a coaching change.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

doriswilgus wrote:
Seriously,how low do we have to go before the club moves him on?I have a feeling that if his name wasn't Nathan Buckley he would have been moved on by now.

Yep, you only have to look at Carlton and how much better they are since they moved on Ratten. Mick has taken them ahead in leaps and bounds. Clearly Ratten was a rubbish coach and the players were nothing to do with the problem.

Questions need to be asked re selection and game plan, but calling for players and coaches heads every week is reactionary and childish.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:11 pm

I really don't blame the coach a lot for these results. The players we have, the injuries we have dictates what can be done. A slump with our young guys is not unexpected. Its the older players who are not putting in enough.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:12 pm

Flashman wrote:
Hinkley inherited a piece of shit Port side and got it into finals in his first year and contending for top 4 in his second. All the while playing an exciting and exhilarating brand of football.

Buckley inherited an outstanding Collingwood side and has taken it steadily and rapidly backwards in an extraordinary space of time. Plus we play a woeful, boring and error ridden brand of football that every decent club in the AFL has worked out and found wanting.

Yeah I do blame the coach for so much. He's taken away the spirit of this side. Moving on Heater, falling out with Didak. Jolly etc, making Swan, Lumumba and Cloke lesser players. He's ultimately responsible and no one else.

Huh, catch the news mate, Port have lost four on the trot, today lost to the tigers, of all teams, and Hinkley is in deep shit at alberton. Just thought id mention that fact, that's all. Confused Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:19 pm

Coach isn't the issue. We had great forward line pressure early in the game. As the game progressed we looked unfit (player / fitness coach issue), not out of position.

Issues:
- Taylor Adams: not the player we thought he would be (..yet?)
- Jessie White: meant to be an upgrade for Lynch (as was for Dawes) but just hasn't been effective
- Witts/Grundy: Witts has been good but Grundy was meant to be our Number 1.
- Swan: has been terrible this year, assuming its fitness or wrist related
- Reid/Brown: not having your number 1 and number 2 defender each week is not ideal
- Freeman/Scharenberg: 0 games out of 2 top 10 draft picks (the only 2 not to debut if I'm correct)

There is a lot to look forward to. I read someone say that we are going to go to the bottom of the ladder for 5-10 years. We may not make the finals but it will be short lived as our list is extremely strong.

Before the seasons done I'd like to see:
- Fasolo and Elliott working together in the forward line
- Reid in defence
- Karnezis given a permanent forward role
- Maxwell encouraged towards retirement (he is no better than Keeffe)
- Broomhead and Martin given regular opportunity

----------
------------
Funkadelic 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:27 pm

^well said matty.
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:37 pm

Agree completely, mackasmatt (of course, it is as I expect from a fellow Oilers fan!)
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:18 pm

"We deserve to be where we are".

That's Bucks favourite saying at the moment.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:25 pm

it is what it is.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:42 pm
Post subject: What?Reply with quote

John Wren wrote:
it is what it is.

That is a coaching statement straight out of Wichita Kansas. Glen Campbell sang this about a Lineman for the County. Didn't get him anywhere did it! We need a better coaching direction than that thanks.

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:11 pm

After winning their flags and losing in 2004, Lions finished 11th in 2006.

After winning in 2006, the Eagles finished 11th in 2008.

This logic that says Bucks inherited a grand final side and should be winning flags with it is munted. A team prepped to win in 2011 that is good enough to win a flag a year early is most certainly not primed to win a flag in 2012-14.

Buckley's biggest problem is that he coaches a team supported by fans who have been spoilt rotten. We've been involved in more consecutive finals series than any other current team and right now we're shitty because we might not make another. I mean we're still in the eight but it isn't a lock yet. How dare Buckley make us wonder as late as July whether we will play in finals? We should be undefeated and $1.10 for the flag by now.

He has a career winning percentage of 62.5%. It's really quite good. 40 wins and 21 losses.

He isn't coaching from week to week and trying all out to win each and every game, he has a long view and is building a better team. Not rebuilding, just building. Not tanking, just not coaching like there is no tomorrow because there is always a tomorrow.

And tomorrow is still bright people

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:31 pm

September Zeros wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Seriously,how low do we have to go before the club moves him on?I have a feeling that if his name wasn't Nathan Buckley he would have been moved on by now.

Yep, you only have to look at Carlton and how much better they are since they moved on Ratten. Mick has taken them ahead in leaps and bounds. Clearly Ratten was a rubbish coach and the players were nothing to do with the problem.

Questions need to be asked re selection and game plan, but calling for players and coaches heads every week is reactionary and childish.

For what it's worth,i have never called for players or coaches to be sacked every time we lose.But something is clearly wrong at the club right now,and when a team falls off as dramatically as this one has,it is only natural for people to question the coach's ability,and wonder if he is the right man for the job.

And using Carlton is probably not the best example to make your case.If you're going to compare us to Carlton,who have been a rabble for years,then you're obviously not aiming high enough.We can and must do better than that.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:31 pm

2nd That. Bucks is shithouse Coach.

Rather Dale Tapping as our Head Coach

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:32 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
I like his press conferences. I think he'll stay.

he is good at Press Conference - Does not help us getting Flogged though and looked 3rd Rate since RD 11

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:33 pm

Defender wrote:
He's into his 3rd season and we're getting worse, not better, ATM we're playing like a bottom 4 side.

Our midfield has to be the most overrated in the comp, our forward line is an absolute disgrace, this has all happened under Buckleys watch, it's time we looked elsewhere.

Bucks is not a Coaches A-Hole

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:34 pm

Flashman wrote:
We'll be keeping St Kilda company next year at this rate.

Saints could Thrash Us

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11   

Jump to: