Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We need to seriously consider a coaching change.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flashman 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Hinkley inherited a piece of shit Port side and got it into finals in his first year and contending for top 4 in his second. All the while playing an exciting and exhilarating brand of football.

Buckley inherited an outstanding Collingwood side and has taken it steadily and rapidly backwards in an extraordinary space of time. Plus we play a woeful, boring and error ridden brand of football that every decent club in the AFL has worked out and found wanting.

Yeah I do blame the coach for so much. He's taken away the spirit of this side. Moving on Heater, falling out with Didak. Jolly etc, making Swan, Lumumba and Cloke lesser players. He's ultimately responsible and no one else.

Rubbish, all the peices were in place in terms of the list. Wines (a top 10 draft pick), Monfries and White were the only additions to the playing stocks. All he had to do was clean a few cob webs out from between a few sets of ears.

As to the quality of our list that is extremely debatable. Lots of kids and lots of ageing players, not too much in between.

Hindsights a wonderful thing.

Everything looks so obvious and simple.

Who was tipping Port to make the top 8 last year on the back of an atrocious 2012? You? Yeah sure.

Everyone was tipping Port for bottom 4 last year but Hinkley transformed them in an amazingly short time. No one could pick the fast impact Wines, Wingard and Polec would have, the improvement in Carlisle and Schultz, the return to form of Cornes and Cassisi and the continued development of Boak. Especially after Pearce and Chaplin left post the 2012 season.

Whereas Buckley inherited a team that finished 20-2 ,lost a GF and was jam packed with All Australian representatives. Sure there's been injuries and losses of form amongst players but don't make out that Buckley inherited a side in remotely the same shape as Hinkleys Port. It's bullshit pure and simple.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:34 pm
Post subject: Re: WowReply with quote

jackcass wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
He also has a very important job of licking windows, so I don't think he will have the time.

What a lowlife attack on a kid with an Autism Spectrum Disorder, I hope you're really proud of yourself.

Mods, this is a disgrace and needs to be removed and this idiot banned.

As someone who shares that "disorder", I'd like to point out that I actually appreciate getting pulled up whenever I start acting like a dick.

Mods, I'm not nearly as offended as the poster who presumed to speak on behalf of poor disordered retards like myself. I don't think schuey07 should be banned.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:40 pm

Flashman wrote:

Who was tipping Port to make the top 8 last year on the back of an atrocious 2012? You? Yeah sure.

Everyone was tipping Port for bottom 4 last year but Hinkley transformed them in an amazingly short time. No one could pick the fast impact Wines, Wingard and Polec would have, the improvement in Carlisle and Schultz, the return to form of Cornes and Cassisi and the continued development of Boak. Especially after Pearce and Chaplin left post the 2012 season.

Whereas Buckley inherited a team that finished 20-2 ,lost a GF and was jam packed with All Australian representatives. Sure there's been injuries and losses of form amongst players but don't make out that Buckley inherited a side in remotely the same shape as Hinkleys Port. It's bullshit pure and simple.

Made the point on several occasions that Hinkley was walking into a dream job compared to Simpson (WCE), Watters/Richardson (StK), Leppa (Bris), Malthouse (Carl). The only thing hindsight about it is the speed of the development. Did I foresee them making finals in 2013... no. Was it possible in 2014... definitely.

As to comparisons with our list, we were actually ready to slip the other way when Bucks took over as coach. Look at the players who have left the club for a variety of reasons since 2010. We had the youngest GF side for ages in 2010 but it was made up of predominantly ageing player or developing kids. Our list always had a lack of numbers in the 24-28 age group in 2010. Malthouses legacy.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:49 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
We will never win a premiership with The Spud in charge.

And it will continue to get worse as long as The Spud stays.

The Spud must go.

I was confident two losses in a row would drag you out from under your rock so that you could add a little poison to the mix. When was the last time you had something positive to say in resect to my team? (certainly could not be our team)

I'm pissed off at the side and think Buckley's coaching is terrible at the moment but what mystifies me is that we didn't see Rocket Ronnie at all from the Geelong game till about the Hawthorn game when we were going alright but suddenly we've hit the wall and suddenly he raises his unpleasant little head again.

At least some of the other "negative" types like Defender, 35Forever and Beast are on here all year round hence I don't doubt their status as Collingwood supporters but Ronnie makes me wonder. The opposite of a fair weather supporter would be an ill weather supporter, one which seems to revel in misery and defeat and Ronnie appears to be that sort.

He must be a barrel of laughs to be around with that sort of outlook.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:58 pm

Geek wrote:
jackcass wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
He also has a very important job of licking windows, so I don't think he will have the time.

What a lowlife attack on a kid with an Autism Spectrum Disorder, I hope you're really proud of yourself.

As someone who shares that "disorder", I'd like to point out that I actually appreciate getting pulled up whenever I start acting like a dick.

Mods, I'm not nearly as offended as the poster who presumed to speak on behalf of poor disordered retards like myself. I don't think schuey07 should be banned.

Huge difference between pulling someone up and associating people with disabilities with licking windows. Had numerous discussions with Dave both in threads and via PMs to do just that. While I don't have a disability and won't try to claim to have walked a mile in your shoes, I have worked over an extensive period in the disability sector and this is exactly the attitudinal change that needs to occur to enable people with disabilities to get an equal go.

Didn't hear Goodes telling Ed that it's okay to call him an ape, didn't hear the gay community applauding BTs comments about poofters. Change happens because people make a stand.

And I was speaking to my own offense thanks.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:59 pm

jackcass wrote:
Flashman wrote:

Made the point on several occasions that Hinkley was walking into a dream job compared to Simpson (WCE), Watters/Richardson (StK), Leppa (Bris), Malthouse (Carl). The only thing hindsight about it is the speed of the development. Did I foresee them making finals in 2013... no. Was it possible in 2014... definitely.

As to comparisons with our list, we were actually ready to slip the other way when Bucks took over as coach. Look at the players who have left the club for a variety of reasons since 2010. We had the youngest GF side for ages in 2010 but it was made up of predominantly ageing player or developing kids. Our list always had a lack of numbers in the 24-28 age group in 2010. Malthouses legacy.

Well it was unlikely that we'd match 2010-11 for a 3rd straight year and I actually gave the side a big tick for our 2012 considering the injuries and decline of some high quality players.

Last year and this year has been hard to take though and I'm starting to despair at the direction we are heading. I can cop losing and I'll accept injuries playing a role but when the game plan seems so flawed, so ineffective and so arduous to watch and I struggle to see what ends are trying to be achieved then I think we've got problems.

Maybe once we get a solid core of 24-28 year olds who've played 50-100 games together then we'll get a clearer picture of where we are going but I don't know how many of us can stay that course with too many shit fights like Sunday served up.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:00 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
We will never win a premiership with The Spud in charge.

And it will continue to get worse as long as The Spud stays.

The Spud must go.

I was confident two losses in a row would drag you out from under your rock so that you could add a little poison to the mix. When was the last time you had something positive to say in resect to my team? (certainly could not be our team)

How is the Committee For UnCollingwood Activities going BTW? Still kicking goals headkicking dissenters because you can't cope with what they have to say?

No Wocket Wonnie - just giving you the just recognition you deserve. There is no head kicking coming from my direction. You can baste in your own misery.

At least your have moved on and are no longer living in fear. Now run along and crawl back under your rock as there should be a win just around the corner.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:01 pm

Flashman wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Flashman wrote:

Well it was unlikely that we'd match 2010-11 for a 3rd straight year and I actually gave the side a big tick for our 2012 considering the injuries and decline of some high quality players.

Last year and this year has been hard to take though and I'm starting to despair at the direction we are heading. I can cop losing and I'll accept injuries playing a role but when the game plan seems so flawed, so ineffective and so arduous to watch and I struggle to see what ends are trying to be achieved then I think we've got problems.

Maybe once we get a solid core of 24-28 year olds who've played 50-100 games together then we'll get a clearer picture of where we are going but I don't know how many of us can stay that course with too many shit fights like Sunday served up.

I'm feeling your pain, don't worry. Have no end of associates who support teams other than Collingwood taking great joy in sticking the boots in.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:07 pm

jackcass wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Seriously,how low do we have to go before the club moves him on?I have a feeling that if his name wasn't Nathan Buckley he would have been moved on by now.

Yep, you only have to look at Carlton and how much better they are since they moved on Ratten. Mick has taken them ahead in leaps and bounds. Clearly Ratten was a rubbish coach and the players were nothing to do with the problem.

Questions need to be asked re selection and game plan, but calling for players and coaches heads every week is reactionary and childish.

Borderline hysterical.

I agree.I think his post was a bit over the top to be honest. Smile
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:19 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
jackcass wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Seriously,how low do we have to go before the club moves him on?I have a feeling that if his name wasn't Nathan Buckley he would have been moved on by now.

Yep, you only have to look at Carlton and how much better they are since they moved on Ratten. Mick has taken them ahead in leaps and bounds. Clearly Ratten was a rubbish coach and the players were nothing to do with the problem.

Questions need to be asked re selection and game plan, but calling for players and coaches heads every week is reactionary and childish.

Borderline hysterical.

Embarassed Laughing
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:25 pm

jackcass wrote:
Geek wrote:
jackcass wrote:
schuey07 wrote:

Huge difference between pulling someone up and associating people with disabilities with licking windows. Had numerous discussions with Dave both in threads and via PMs to do just that. While I don't have a disability and won't try to claim to have walked a mile in your shoes, I have worked over an extensive period in the disability sector and this is exactly the attitudinal change that needs to occur to enable people with disabilities to get an equal go.

Didn't hear Goodes telling Ed that it's okay to call him an ape, didn't hear the gay community applauding BTs comments about poofters. Change happens because people make a stand.

And I was speaking to my own offense thanks.

Pretty sure I won't hear Dave saying its OK for people to call him a windowlicker either. Doesn't need you satisfying your moral itch on his behalf.

As for changing behaviours, we don't change ours until someone makes a stand by giving us some lip. You can explain it all nicey nice to us and within a few seconds we'll have reasoned as to how you are wrong. Sometimes it needs to be blunt.

Dave's come on and slagged off someone's hero. Someone's bit back by slagging off at him. Fair's fair.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:37 pm

jackcass wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
jackcass wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

Borderline hysterical.

Embarassed Laughing

Ignoring the bloody dumb "perceptive fellow" and utter dickheads on this and other threads Daz to save my sanity going down to the level of theirs!! Any wonder Collingwood fans are generally seen by others as bloody brainless numbskulls - most of them really are stupid Rolling Eyes

Cant recall the number of times I and others have posted that this is a developing team under Buck's, developing teams have ups and downs until the right formula is found and action then taken to turn it into a flag winning team. My prediction has always been that this team will peak in 2016 and nothing has changed my mind.

I realise that to the usual utterly predictable "perceptive fellow" and moronic Buck's haters, nothing will change their simple and low IQ minds so go ahead and act like Collingwood hating ferals that you give the appearance of being. Perception is always a bad thing so you guys are doing a great job making Collingwood out to be a pack of useless wankers which in fact is really a sad reflection of yourselves..... Rolling Eyes
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:43 pm

Geek wrote:
Pretty sure I won't hear Dave saying its OK for people to call him a windowlicker either. Doesn't need you satisfying your moral itch on his behalf.

As for changing behaviours, we don't change ours until someone makes a stand by giving us some lip. You can explain it all nicey nice to us and within a few seconds we'll have reasoned as to how you are wrong. Sometimes it needs to be blunt.

Dave's come on and slagged off someone's hero. Someone's bit back by slagging off at him. Fair's fair.

Villification should be everyone's moral itch, irrespective of being specific to race, gender, sexual orientation, or disability, so happy to execise mine whenever I see the need.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:50 pm

jackcass wrote:
Geek wrote:

Villification should be everyone's moral itch, irrespective of being specific to race, gender, sexual orientation, or disability, so happy to execise mine whenever I see the need.

Fine. We're getting nowhere with this argument. Truce?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:53 pm

Geek wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Geek wrote:

Fine. We're getting nowhere with this argument. Truce?

All good, thought it more a discussion. We'll agree to disagree.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11   

Jump to: