Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Comp is rigged and skewed, re Swans etc. ! FAC T !

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:56 pm
Post subject: The Comp is rigged and skewed, re Swans etc. ! FAC T !Reply with quote

I will always love the Mighty Pies, and will fall off the mortal coil a Piesman, love em to the end. Exclamation However, watching the swans tonight do a demolition job on the scum, (that part was great), and going by their overwhelming dominance for weeks on end, massive wins, there is not a shred of doubt in my mind now, the comp is rigged and skewed towards the darlings of the League, the swans, and all interstate teams now.
Make NO mistake, the darling league swans will win the flag, home and hosed, no doubt over the bridesmaid Lyons dockers, or Port perhaps, another interstate grannie. Its bloody rigged, stating with the fixture, like, how come the swans have played the hapless Giants TWICE so far, and WE have not played the giants ONCE yet Question Question How come the darling swans play the tigers twice, we play them once, despite them finishing much higher on the ladder than us. ?
Just how did they con the League, or were allowed to, use the COAL allowance to get Billionaire buddy, and then have the affrontry, to get bloody Tippet on top of all that, after Tippet was supposed to go to the Lions, as was buddy to the giants. ? How did that all come about, what deals were done, nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more. Rolling Eyes
The whole damn comp is so skewered to these swan pricks, and other interstate teams, like the suns, best kids from three drafts, will win a flag in two years, then the giants will front up. It will be farrrking Lions all over again. rigged, meanwhile, sides like the dogs, dees, norf, saints, and even us, will struggle to win flags now, its a bloody monty. Add to all this, the utterly disgraceful umpiring standard now, that seems to crucify the Pies week after week, also tests ones patience.
For the first time in my life, I find myself losing some interest in the League now, not in the Pies of course, but in the whole box an dice, I look upon it as rigged and the cynic in me knows its rigged, and the Leagues darling swans are reaping a golden harvest. Rolling Eyes

Any agreement with me on this. ? Are you too also losing interest in the comp now Question

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Loving it. Smile

Absolutely LOVING it.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:12 am

Loving rigged and skewed comp, where we have not played the giants once, swans played em twice so far. The buddy, tippet fiasco ??

Easily pleased Donny, I will give you that . Confused

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:18 am

How good would Hawthorn be if they still had Buddy and Kennedy.

Yes the competition is rigged. But as we have hand over cash for having big games why don't the club think outside the square and besides ANZAC day say we want to play GWS, Melbourne, Footscray etc at home and let the other bastards make their own money.

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:10 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Loving rigged and skewed comp, where we have not played the giants once, swans played em twice so far. The buddy, tippet fiasco ??

Yes.

I simply CHOOSE not to get twisted knickers about umps, draws, commentators, Carlton, Essendon etc. like so many Nickheads do.

I enjoy my footy and being a Maggies' supporter. Very much. All else (about footy) is a waste of energy. Smile

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:13 am

It doesn't matter Pies. Very few things in life are fair. TV rights and $$ mean a lot to the billion dollar AFL, more than 'fairness' which is never going to happen anyway in an 18 team but 22 week fixture.
Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:14 am

If we had a special 'COPUWTAS' allowance - cost of putting up with the afl's shit - you wouldn't be complaining Wink
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:59 am

Donny wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Yes.

I simply CHOOSE not to get twisted knickers about umps, draws, commentators, Carlton, Essendon etc. like so many Nickheads do.

I enjoy my footy and being a Maggies' supporter. Very much. All else (about footy) is a waste of energy. Smile

FAIR enough mate, but if we go thru a big flag drought, and the suns, giants, swans gather more cups, at ours and other melb teams expense, then if you still enjoy that, well, goodluck to you I guess. Confused Shocked

Donny Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:03 am
Post subject: Re: The Comp is rigged and skewed, re Swans etc. ! FAC T !Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Its bloody rigged, stating with the fixture, like, how come the swans have played the hapless Giants TWICE so far,

So, that was 2 easy wins for them, was it, mate ?

Unless there are 17 rounds or 34, there will always be anomalies.

Go back and read what a 'terrible draw' we had in 2010. Who won that year ?

I remember posting, then, what a GOOD draw it was because we played the good teams twice, which made us cherry ripe for the finals.

What does a team gain with a slaughter of a bottom team or a shock loss to one of them by taking it for granted ?

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:06 am

Agree with this is most parts.
Simple facts are the AFL know full well in a couple of years time GWS will be very strong and then the fickle Sydney sider won't want a bar of the swans so to give them some chance of holding a crowd they gift them a couple flags now.
Fact the suns list is incredible and will only get stronger. These kids with only a 20 or so games will get better and the AFL will ensure at any cost Ablett stays there
Fact 18 teams and 22 rounds is a TV model draw only. Made to fit the requirements of the broadcasters. They can't get a larger TV audience in Victoria so to hell with Victorian clubs. Same goes in a large part for SA & WA.
Fact the AFL don't care aout Victorian clubs if they did expansion wouldn't have happened until all clubs were self funded and not on the AFL titty plan. I pity the Lions as they can't be a force going forward for some time. The draft is fixed to keep GWS and the Suns strong with there academies and priority picks.
We will be ok we have planned for 10yrs of pain and started it a couple years ago. We will just have to keep finding gems from pick 20 onwards ala Beams.
I'm a bit like Donny and don't care much about other clubs pain but when it affects us I do get opinionated.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:29 am

Well, something's changed, it's game day, and I just don't care. Sure I'll watch the game, on telly, coz I still love the Pies. It's the game, and the way it's run, the umpiring, the Swans unfair advantage, the crooked fixturing and the ridiculous scheduling. The game is slowly being strangled by the almighty dollar and the avarice of its players and those who report on it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:27 am

ronrat wrote:
say we want to play GWS, Melbourne, Footscray etc at home and let the other bastards make their own money.

A certain President studied a book "how to win friends and influence people in business" as a young man and still has the book besides his bed I'd suggest.
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:49 am

they need sydney doing well due to too many bandwagoners if they were bottom they would have 5 000 ppl max
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:00 am

Yes, i agree that advantages are given too freely to interstate clubs in the non-AFL (ie rugby) states. It's part of the business plan. But there are 13 clubs that could unite against it, and they don't - and the best Melbourne clubs have won five? of the last 7 premierships, so you have to make your own luck.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:55 pm
Post subject: Re: The Comp is rigged and skewed, re Swans etc. ! FAC T !Reply with quote

Donny wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Its bloody rigged, stating with the fixture, like, how come the swans have played the hapless Giants TWICE so far,

So, that was 2 easy wins for them, was it, mate ?

Unless there are 17 rounds or 34, there will always be anomalies.

Go back and read what a 'terrible draw' we had in 2010. Who won that year ?

I remember posting, then, what a GOOD draw it was because we played the good teams twice, which made us cherry ripe for the finals.

What does a team gain with a slaughter of a bottom team or a shock loss to one of them by taking it for granted ?

Swings and roundabouts Donny, " a slaughter of a bottom team" can give massive percentage, to a powerhouse Swans, they get top two via that percentage, two home finals, and willy wonkas golden ticket into the Grand Final. I can see your point, in a way, tis better to play top teams, and get "battle hardened" so to speak, but two massive wins against a bunch of kids, Giants, does get that top two coveted spot, makes it safe.
And, its still stinks we haven't played the Giants once, yet. Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: